What's new

BNP will write 'true history' of 1971: Khaleda

Bose's study has been criticized by various historians and academics for numerous inaccuracies and excessive reliance on Pakistani military and government sources. Researchers have accused her of flawed and biased methodology, historical revisionism and downplaying war crimes.

In several cases, she misquoted her interviewees and other academics that she cites as reference. Bose is enthusiastic in her admiration for the commanding general of the Pakistan forces during 1971 war in East Pakistan, Lt. Gen. Niazi, whom she describes as having a "distinguished past and a tragic fate." However, this conflicts even with Pakistani General's view about Niazi's character (not his career as a general). According to PakistaniBrigadier F.B. Ali, "'Tiger' Niazi was a disgrace to the uniform. He was a fraud, a lecher and a coward. When he was General Officer Commanding (GOC) 10 Division, it was well known in the garrison (I was there) that his staff car would often be found standing in Heera Mandi (Lahore's red light district). As GOC EP he used to go around visiting troops and asking JCOs: how many Bengali women have you raped? When discussing his surrender with the Indian general, he tried to ingratiate himself by telling dirty jokes."

I wonder who these various historians and academics are and whether they have a slight India bias.

I wonder who these various historians and academics are and whether they have a slight India bias.

Maybe maybe not - my post directly gives an account of a Pakistani brigadier.

Sharmila Bose is of Indian origin too anyways.

How?

Sorry - I don't get that logic.
There is only one 'logic'.....if you tell something against them, you're bad, otherwise, good........they say they distrust India and Indians yet they shamelessly depend on one......it's all about purpose.....if the version suits their purpose, they'll support it no-matter who says it.....if no-one says what they want to believe.....they'll invent their own History.....just like the Pakistanis did......
Therefore it's futile to engage into such arguments........let them invent their own history and move on.....

There is only one 'logic'.....if you tell something against them, you're bad, otherwise, good........they say they distrust India and Indians yet they shamelessly depend on one......it's all about purpose.....if the version suits their purpose, they'll support it no-matter who says it.....if no-one says what they want to believe.....they'll invent their own History.....just like the Pakistanis did......
Therefore it's futile to engage into such arguments........let them invent their own history and move on.....

Revisionist history based on balderdash? - you are right let them wallow in it.

No I have read the Telegram and the book by Gary Bass and it is clear that the people in the State Department had no idea how malevolent the Indians really were. Both Nixon and Kissinger were right on their opinion about India.

There is an old saying:

Everything looks yellow to a jaundiced eye

In Hindi we say:

Sawan ke andhe ko sab hara dikhta hai

Learn to differentiate between objective facts and prejudices.

Last edited:
PAL or later-BAL people were the ones who probably caused the riots and anarchy in March 1971, and after the operation searchlight started and Bengali army personnel began deserting, those BAL people were busy spending time in Indian hotels and cooking up tales with their Indian 'dadas' - like "3 million killed" and "rape" and "all 75 million East Pakis took up arms for "independence"" and other BS. then it was Jamat e Islami people, that you are giving death threats to today, who stepped up humanitarian efforts for people affected by a crisis BAL started

d6b73904a5bf973428a044fea4cdd5986b79e1b7e5c3d4c8b7288d21c2eeac48.jpg

To tell you one thing again and again , the Blood Telegram, Western historians in the 60's 70's, 80's, were clearly partial, but against India. Any academic (you claim as one) would have known this ,as India was in Russia's camp back then. For you to tell that Western historians are partial towards India, its like a piece of joke. Western world was with Pakistan back that time. And Nixon wasnt influenced by India's pleas that time. Not even by his own Ambassadors.
If you love Pakistan so much, start a organisation for reunification with Pakistan.

You moved to UK?

Anything to do with the hand in the cookie jar thingy?

I grew up in the UK and the cookie jar thing was a total set up ...

To tell you one thing again and again , the Blood Telegram, Western historians in the 60's 70's, 80's, were clearly partial, but against India. Any academic (you claim as one) would have known this ,as India was in Russia's camp back then. For you to tell that Western historians are partial towards India, its like a piece of joke. Western world was with Pakistan back that time. And Nixon wasnt influenced by India's pleas that time. Not even by his own Ambassadors.
If you love Pakistan so much, start a organisation for reunification with Pakistan.

Academics and intellectuals in the West were all leftist liberals at that time.

There is an old saying:

Everything looks yellow to a jaundiced eye

In Hindi we say:

Sawan ke andhe ko sab hara dikhta hai

Learn to differentiate between objective facts and prejudices.

I do not need lessons from you in objectivity ...

How?

Sorry - I don't get that logic.

She is an Indian that is speaking the truth and is taking the risk of being ostracized by her own people ...

Well that explains some things.

Why not return to your country to serve it?

You desperately need to understand what objectivity means in the first place.

Again quit with the lessons .... Bangladesh is my country.

You saying anybody who speaks against the state speaks the truth?

No if that person can provide credible evidence then he/she deserves to be taken seriously ...

Back
Top Bottom