What's new

Bin Laden Case Doctor Jailed For Militant Link, Not For Treason

always unknown dear media make these news and their job done

Afridi was not present in the court and not given a chance to defend himself, officials said. Under the tribal system, he would not have had access to a lawyer.

“He has been sentenced for 33 years on treason charges and has been moved to Peshawar central jail after the verdict was announced by the local court,” said Mohammad Siddiq, spokesman for the administrative head of Khyber.

Afridi’s trial took place over several days under assistant political agent Nasir Khan in Khyber. The verdict was confirmed by his boss, the political agent, in the northwestern city of Peshawar on Wednesday, the officials told AFP.

Afridi was not present in the court and not given a chance to defend himself, officials said. Under the tribal system, he would not have had access to a lawyer.

“He has been sentenced for 33 years on treason charges and has been moved to Peshawar central jail after the verdict was announced by the local court,” said Mohammad Siddiq, spokesman for the administrative head of Khyber.

Afridi’s trial took place over several days under assistant political agent Nasir Khan in Khyber. The verdict was confirmed by his boss, the political agent, in the northwestern city of Peshawar on Wednesday, the officials told AFP.

under trial system, a jirga is constituted which is an informal court, the person appears infront of jirga or his representative, its similar to any court.
IN ADDITION IF THE PERSON DOESN'T LIKE THE JIRGA DECISION HE CAN APPEAL TO A REGULAR COURT,WHICH AFRIDI RELATIVES HAS SAID THEY WILL but if heh as worked for CIA it seems unlikly that he will get free and it seems unlikly US will care for much

No matter what Pakistan does, the perception damage is done.

No matter what Pakistan does, the perception damage is done.
If we punish, our triators, it will damge , our dam perception, how about,thousandS of kashmiris, died in the, police stations, in jamu-kashmir?
That's why, west is giving, awards to our, CJ chowdry?
Its all, dam propaganda, just because , he was working for CIA, doesn't make, him angel or, innocent doctor, btw he have, given very vitAl linkS & names of the, CiA contracted, peoples in pakistAn, & thAt the most damging thing? Right!

they should swap this traitor for 100 F-16's....lets see if americans really care for him or not.

Come on guys, we are fad up, with all this nonsense, 1000 F16 doesn't worth it,deal should be done like, they bring in Dr AFIA , or RAYMOND davis, & take , this traitor , along with, all the ones , who were , still doing sabotage , in pakistan?

Haan, ab to is bechare pe kuch bhi ilzaam lagoo.. After womanizer now terrorist.
I think he is also a murderer/drug smuggler/ cyber criminal/ hmm please help me add more.

Dont worry blasphemy will be added some time during the week and he will be convieniently shot soon after that by his guard/trying to escape/terrorist, the killer will recieve the usual judicial shower of rose petals and in a month to even mention the incident will be called bashing Pakistan.

I don't care if he was providing CIA free Jalebis or the whereabouts of Bin laden.

Fact is he was working for a foreign intelligence agency in privacy, and deserves rightful punishment.

And now that he has militant links too - so keep him in Jail, isn't that what everyone wants - Militants to be prosecuted..

I don't get it, so far every possible Pakistani political leader to army general has been saying that they have helped CIA in the capture of all those hard core terrorists, then if this guy also helped the CIA, then what wrong has he done?

I don't get it, so far every possible Pakistani political leader to army general has been saying that they have helped CIA in the capture of all those hard core terrorists, then if this guy also helped the CIA, then what wrong has he done?
He did it in secrecy.

What a hoot really.. The man who helped nab the biggest terrorist in the world, is sentenced for having ties with terrorists without being given a legal representation.. Reminds me of African kangaroo courts out of Wilbur Smith novels :)
Hey its a free country and anything can happen here anytime ......so tell ure buddy's becareful while coming down here ..U guyz might endup in some Kangroo court or some deep down some black black dungeon.....:D

He hasn't done anything wrong. He is not jailed for treason. Now Pakistan claims that this doctor has links with the militants. If Pakistan continue doing it then I'm not sure whether Pakistan will have space in her jail.

As for doing it in secrecy, he had no other choice. There was a possibility that he could be killed had he told it to any officials about it.

Lets face Pakistan really blows at PR.

Pakistan joins the war on terror, and recieve US aid for that effort.

After a 10 year man hunt in hostile afghanistan, Bin Laden is found next to a military Garrison in strategic ally Pakistan.

Pakistan denies any role in protecting Bin Laden. Angry that they were not informed, so they could have taken him out.

Next they sentence the doctor responsible for exposing Bin Laden's location due to treason.

Further killing their own image.

Actions speak louder than words. Pakistan's actions have spoken very clearly.

Hey its a free country and anything can happen here anytime ......so tell ure buddy's becareful while coming down here ..U guyz might endup in some Kangroo court or some deep down some black black dungeon.....:D

The only buddies of mine who will ever come to Pakistan (and that too is a big maybe) are my Pakistani friends who are currently living in USA.. And they are more worried about being blown up or being shot if they go to Pakistan than ending up in a black black dungeon

The only buddies of mine who will ever come to Pakistan (and that too is a big maybe) are my Pakistani friends who are currently living in USA.. And they are more worried about being blown up or being shot if they go to Pakistan than ending up in a black black dungeon

Technically, you stand more chance of being raped in South Africa than being hurt in a terrorist incident in Pakistan, so tell you're ill-informed friends that there childish fears are unjustified. There's over 180 Million people living here and they seem ok, even with terrorism, corruption, power crisis. This nation still lives on. Everyday I wake up, I marvel at the resolve of this nation.

So why is he getting 33 years in Jail when bin laden's widows and children got a minor house arrest charge?

OBL was a terrorist, not his wives and kids.

Back
Top Bottom