What's new

Bin Laden Case Doctor Jailed For Militant Link, Not For Treason

You are talking about areas under government jurisdiction. The tribals have their own kangaroo courts.

You are telling that to a person who spent half a decade in FATA, so let me be the leading light here and tell you that there are NO SUCH THINGS AS TRIBAL COURTS! I sound like a mother trying to convince her kid that ghosts don't exist! Anyway, there are tribal jirgas but they are not legally binding and their decisions have no legal grounds, if the sentenced appeals against the decision of the jirga in court, he is treated as someone with no previous sentencing, even though he has been sentenced by the Jirga.

You are telling that to a person who spent half a decade in FATA, so let me be the leading light here and tell you that there are NO SUCH THINGS AS TRIBAL COURTS! I sound like a mother trying to convince her kid that ghosts don't exist! Anyway, there are tribal jirgas but they are not legally binding and their decisions have no legal grounds, if the sentenced appeals against the decision of the jirga in court, he is treated as someone with no previous sentencing, even though he has been sentenced by the Jirga.

Is that socially acceptable to the Tribals to have their age old custom of 'consensus in a jirga' be subservient to 'a court' proceeded by someone who might not even be from amongst them ?

Is that socially acceptable to the Tribals to have their age old custom of 'consensus in a jirga' be subservient to 'a court' proceeded by someone who might not even be from amongst them ?

It's a rare occasion that the Jirga's verdict will ever be appealed and if it is appealed then the Political Admin has to keep calm. It's very ill-received and will most likely result in the appellant being exiled or excommunicated from the tribe.

Some elders might have qualms about it, but at the end of the day, the Jirga isn't just elders, Khans, the Political Agent and the Commander of the FC are all Masharan and are stake holders in the Jirga. These elements are key to keeping calm in such a situation. They are more educated and more respectful of the courts, they convince the elders to bear with legal proceedings, taking it as a "Superior Jirga". It's more acceptable that way.

All speculation was made by members on this forum and the media in Pakistan and outside of Pakistan. Never has any official confirmed any of the details of the behind closed door trial that was held. And maybe that is why behind closed door trials are so not popular (Guantanamo Bay comes to mind). It has taken a week for the report to be made public which by court standards is good timing when you think about the case and the evidential literature and wording that is required to be edited. A simple Contempt of Court for Gilani took well over that time.

All speculation was made by members on this forum and the media in Pakistan and outside of Pakistan. Never has any official confirmed any of the details of the behind closed door trial that was held. And maybe that is why behind closed door trials are so not popular (Guantanamo Bay comes to mind). It has taken a week for the report to be made public which by court standards is good timing when you think about the case and the evidential literature and wording that is required to be edited. A simple Contempt of Court for Gilani took well over that time.

so in other words, it was rushed and they never even intended to deliberate about it!

this is a farce. pakistan is embaressed they were caught out hiding osama intentionally and supporting terrorist!

This thread realli looks funny to me especially regarding Dr. Shakil Afridi...Now he got militants links....realli totalli ammazing now...maybe some days later we might find its links to more terrorists and even the Mosaad as well.....:what:

so in other words, it was rushed and they never even intended to deliberate about it!

this is a farce. pakistan is embaressed they were caught out hiding osama intentionally and supporting terrorist!

It was given a fair amount of thought, but with a dedicated Commission to the issue, fact finding and decision making was definitely going to be quicker than a regular case.

What a hoot really.. The man who helped nab the biggest terrorist in the world, is sentenced for having ties with terrorists without being given a legal representation.. Reminds me of African kangaroo courts out of Wilbur Smith novels :)

It was given a fair amount of thought, but with a dedicated Commission to the issue, fact finding and decision making was definitely going to be quicker than a regular case.

doubtful, the fact is, it was rushed, they didnt deliberate, they had made their minds up way before... it was a quick, in and out open and shut case..... i grant you, they did give it a fair amount of thought!! a fair amount of thought how to drum up charges to punish afridi and america for exposing their own terrorist links!!... they also thought a lot about how to make themselves look more justified, by changing public statements that he was charged for conspiring with usa to do a bogus immunisation thing to find usama, to the new excuse of having militant links?? ISI has links to lashkar?? lashkar also have muslim schools and all, where they teach extremism in lahore, why isnt that shut down? why pakistan allow them to exist and operate inside pakistan without even a whim about it....

Of course ! They found truck-loads of evidence in the OBL files from the raid and they have incontrovertible evidence to implicate everyone from Kiyani to the cobbler sitting two blocks from OBL's Compound but they won't do it because they don't want to offend our delicate sensibilities !

Even the CIA cannot prove such claims so I do not know how you can........

It is a detailed report, no doubt edited, rightfully, for a case heard behind closed doors. How stupid do you have to be to not understand that, do you not know how any legal judicial system works in any country.......

Pakistan is embarassed he was found in Pakistan, but then again, was he......... that information is still not fully made clear, just like the evidence promised by the US and UK for OBL involvement in 9/11. That bag of evidence has still not been disclosed. if Any.

Let me bring you to

BBC News - Ratko Mladic arrested: Bosnia war crimes suspect held

and

War crimes arrest: The night Karadzic rocked the Madhouse | World news | The Guardian

Despite all of Europes advances these men evaded capture for over a decade. One was a singer for FS

---------

However, the US and Pakistan were allies, the ISI provided numerous targets to the US. Numerous others who were taken out via drone strikes. However the US broke that partnership and decided to go it alone in Abbottabad completely defying Pakistan's sovereignty and sacrifices of 50,000 civilians, 5000 soldiers and many agents....... So please dont give me that crap about OBL. He was far more noble then the US. and the below may show understanding why.......

http://childvictimsofwar.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/childrenkilledrones2.jpg

Even the CIA cannot prove such claims so I do not know how you can........

It is a detailed report, no doubt edited, rightfully, for a case heard behind closed doors. How stupid do you have to be to not understand that, do you not know how any legal judicial system works in any country.......

Pakistan is embarassed he was found in Pakistan, but then again, was he......... that information is still not fully made clear, just like the evidence promised by the US and UK for OBL involvement in 9/11. That bag of evidence has still not been disclosed. if Any.

Let me bring you to

BBC News - Ratko Mladic arrested: Bosnia war crimes suspect held

and

War crimes arrest: The night Karadzic rocked the Madhouse | World news | The Guardian

Despite all of Europes advances these men evaded capture for over a decade. One was a singer for FS

---------

However, the US and Pakistan were allies, the ISI provided numerous targets to the US. Numerous others who were taken out via drone strikes. However the US broke that partnership and decided to go it alone in Abbottabad completely defying Pakistan's sovereignty and sacrifices of 50,000 civilians, 5000 soldiers and many agents....... So please dont give me that crap about OBL. He was far more noble then the US. and the below may show understanding why.......

http://childvictimsofwar.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/childrenkilledrones2.jpg

i dont know how the legal system works in pakistan.. i just know its very dodgy!!

i dont need to prove this case was rushed, biased and based on revenge... that is obvious.... even ur government cant get it right.. which is it, charged with aiding the cia?? or having terrorist links??... why would someone have links to lashkar?? and work for the cia at the same time?? ohh because he is working for the cia and they get information about lashkar and other terrorist through afridi... thats right!!!..... and since pakistan is supposedly a ally in the war on terror!... you would think pakistan would be happy and grateful with their partner, america and the cia.. that they infiltrated lashkar and got information that potentionally could save thousands of lives........ but noooooooooo pakistan charged him instead... what was it for?? for working for the cia... then it was having links to lashkar ( which obviously is at the behest of the cia to aid in the war against terror for BOTH countries american and pakistan) ... you would be stupid not to realise this!!!

im going to give an example... in ww2, britain and france were at war with germany.... britain has spies in france, infiltrating the german enemy............ did france have those british spies charged after completing a mission succesfully?? no,,,, why would anyone charge a spy that is ALLIED with that particular country and working for both their benefits??

ur a moron

i dont know how the legal system works in pakistan.. i just know its very dodgy!!

i dont need to prove this case was rushed, biased and based on revenge... that is obvious.... even ur government cant get it right.. which is it, charged with aiding the cia?? or having terrorist links??... why would someone have links to lashkar?? and work for the cia at the same time?? ohh because he is working for the cia and they get information about lashkar and other terrorist through afridi... thats right!!!..... and since pakistan is supposedly a ally in the war on terror!... you would think pakistan would be happy and grateful with their partner, america and the cia.. that they infiltrated lashkar and got information that potentionally could save thousands of lives........ but noooooooooo pakistan charged him instead... what was it for?? for working for the cia... then it was having links to lashkar ( which obviously is at the behest of the cia to aid in the war against terror for BOTH countries american and pakistan) ... you would be stupid not to realise this!!!

im going to give an example... in ww2, britain and france were at war with germany.... britain has spies in france, infiltrating the german enemy............ did france have those british spies charged after completing a mission succesfully?? no,,,, why would anyone charge a spy that is ALLIED with that particular country and working for both their benefits??

ur a moron

post reported........

Lets gets a few things right here............. it is you and some other members claiming, CLAIMING that he was tried for helping the CIA. The detailed report out shows that was not the case. Now either prove your point or please go away as your CLAIMS/FANTASIES are nothing but your own wet dreams.........

You have not bothered to answer any of the points I raised in my post, yet decided to call the Pakistani legal system, dodgy..... please explain that dodgy and provide evidence of it otherwise once again, go away and get your facts right.

This is the second thread now where you have just been abusive, once before where you opened a thread, now deleted about Gandhi and now here.......

He was tried under the Frontier Crimes Regulation.

Had he been tried for treason, it would have been under the constitution, not FCR, and not in khyber agency court.

This doctor also had a criminal case against him for doing illegal operations on patients.

This thing ain't gonna die down soon.

Back
Top Bottom