What's new

Betrayed, Arabized

I never said there was anything wrong, or right, or despicable, or appreciative about absorbing a different culture. It has been happening all over since time immemorial. My query and arguments, more or less, revolved around the specific need of the Arabic language to understand Quran. It is important, because a great number of Muslims do not understand Arabic.

In India, it (cultural influence) has been happening at a quicker pace than in Pakistan. But I am not complaining.

I am not even condemning the Arabs, or the Americans or the Brits, for that matter.

But quite like Muse, I would complain if I were a Pakistani - because of the present situation of Pakistan. People of every modern nation share a collective identity. This identity of the Pakistani people appears very vulnerable these days. It already seems to be broken in a few different ideologies and ethnicities. Any blind support for any foreign nation or culture can be extremely risky in these times. And then you take into account the historic influence of the Saudi Arabia in funding the Madrassas that... well you know.

So yes, if I were a Pakistani, I would stop anything foreign that even remotely appears to replace the national identity.

we don't have any identity problem it is in the mind of some few ppl,

Saudies were nowhere before 80's suppose from 1979-2001, it is not very long history and it is not all bad and never was bad their help but it is in some ppl's best interest to bash saudies or put blame on them

TARIQ

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

Can an Arabic speaker here help me with this:

I saw a BBC documentary recently, with a very beautiful song from the Quran. It starts at about 22 seconds into this clip:

BBC Hd The Life of Muhammad Episode 1 The Seeker part 3 - (2011) - YouTube

My question, where can I get the lyrics of this verse written with the English alphabet?

we dont call it song it is recitation

TARIQ

I have a little message for you muse.

"islam has no language no race. Islam came for the whole world does not matter if you are arabi Pakistani Russian American Chinese Japanese Indian etc. Islam is for eveyone. Islam is far more noble than cataloging people based on their skin color or tongue. In islam your genes mean nothingn in islam we are all equal in the eyes of God and this is what Islam teaches us. Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him said "leave it for it is a stench" I

"muse" is not a Pakistani. He is most likely another indian hiding behind false flags. You will always see indians thanking his posts, not Pakistanis, and his views are just like indians, these indians always try to remind us that our ancestors a thousand years ago were hindu or buddhist or something that converted to Islam and we reply so what even the people of Mecca converted to Islam 1400 years ago, we are Muslims today. They want us to embrace hindu culture and distant ourselves from Islam, but no Pakistani will ever agree to this. As for their hate for Arabs, Arabs are not the ones who broke Pakistan in 1971, Arabs are the not the ones who steal our water and flood our rivers on monsoon season, Arabs are not the ones who we had 4 wars against, Arabs are not the ones who we have on-going long-lasting disputes with. These people want Pakistan to have no friends, these are the same people trying to break Pakistan-China friendship. Just a few months ago, another indian came here saying you Pakistanis have an arab religion. Astaghfirullah. These people are truly ignorant.

Can an Arabic speaker here help me with this:

I saw a BBC documentary recently, with a very beautiful song from the Quran. It starts at about 22 seconds into this clip:

BBC Hd The Life of Muhammad Episode 1 The Seeker part 3 - (2011) - YouTube

My question, where can I get the lyrics of this verse written with the English alphabet?

This is not a song Mr.Dragon. This is a Qur'an Sura recited in Arabic. This is how All Qur'an is recited my friend.
"Iqra'a b'esm rabek allathy khalaq (1) Khalaq al-insan men Alaq (2) Iqra'a wa rabbuk al-akram (3) Allathy alam bel-qalam (4) Alam al-insan malam ya'alam (5)" Surat Iqra'a.

Translation:

"Read in the name of your God who created (1) Created man from a clot of blood (2) Read your God is generous (3) Who has taught with the pen (4) Taught the man what he did not know (5)"

A message to all Muslims brothers here and to everyone infact. God's first word to our prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was "READ" people read educate yourself God knew 1400 years ago that the only way we would better ourselves is if we "READ" is if we get educated is if we learn.

People please "READ".

I never said there was anything wrong, or right, or despicable, or appreciative about absorbing a different culture. It has been happening all over since time immemorial. My query and arguments, more or less, revolved around the specific need of the Arabic language to understand Quran. It is important, because a great number of Muslims do not understand Arabic.

In India, it (cultural influence) has been happening at a quicker pace than in Pakistan. But I am not complaining.

I am not even condemning the Arabs, or the Americans or the Brits, for that matter.

But quite like Muse, I would complain if I were a Pakistani - because of the present situation of Pakistan. People of every modern nation share a collective identity. This identity of the Pakistani people appears very vulnerable these days. It already seems to be broken in a few different ideologies and ethnicities. Any blind support for any foreign nation or culture can be extremely risky in these times. And then you take into account the historic influence of the Saudi Arabia in funding the Madrassas that... well you know.

So yes, if I were a Pakistani, I would stop anything foreign that even remotely appears to replace the national identity.

Pakistan's collective identity is of that of a Pakistani, which is (rightly or wrongly) inseparable from Islam today. This is not the Islam of the Saudis (Salafi) or of India (Deobandi), but of the Barelvis & the Sufis, which is native to the land. This is more important than ethnic or lingual divides. Most Pakistanis are peaceful Barelvi Sunnis, who live peacefully with Shias like me, as well as other non-Muslims. The "Arabization" you are referring to is the fringe Salafi creed that the TTP/Taliban/Al-Qaeda follow, & the Pakistan Army is fighting right now with the full support of the Pakistani people. A non-Muslim Pakistani is a Pakistani first & foremost, & that is enough for most Pakistanis living in Pakistan.

This is not a song Mr.Dragon. This is a Qur'an Sura recited in Arabic. This is how All Qur'an is recited my friend.
"Iqra'a b'esm rabek allathy khalaq (1) Khalaq al-insan men Alaq (2) Iqra'a wa rabbuk al-akram (3) Allathy alam bel-qalam (4) Alam al-insan malam ya'alam (5)" Surat Iqra'a.

Thanks a lot buddy. :cheers:

(I tried Google translate before, but it didn't work for some reason.)

Pakistan's collective identity is of that of a Pakistani, which is (rightly or wrongly) inseparable from Islam today. This is not the Islam of the Saudis (Salafi) or of India (Deobandi), but of the Barelvis, which is native to the land. This is more important than ethnic or lingual divides. Most Pakistanis are peaceful Barelvi Sunnis, who live peacefully with Shias like me, as well as other non-Muslims. The "Arabization" you are referring to is the fringe Salafi society that the TTP/Taliban/Al-Qaeda follow, & the Pakistan Army is fighting right now with the full support of the Pakistani people. A non-Muslim Pakistani is a Pakistani first & foremost, & that is enough for most Pakistanis living in Pakistan.

Another ignorant comment. Pak Fauj is not fighting "Arabization". Pak Fauj has always been closer to Saudi Arabia than any other country on earth. Most Pakistanis are Sunni Muslims. Salafi, Hanafi, Barelvi are just school of thought. When was the last time you heard of a suicide bombing in the middle of Riyadh. Arabs are peaceful people. If you ever interact with Arab Muslims, you would know they are regular people like you and me, most are not extremists, and there is very little difference in how an Arab Muslim practices Islam and how a Pakistani Muslim practices Islam.

Go to a Mosque in the United States, you will see Arabs and Pakistanis reading prayers exactly the same way shoulder to shoulder. Real Pakistanis dont have anything against Arabs. We dont need more enemies, indians are enough.

Bilal

Great to be reading you again - Allow me to point a basic problem with your Barelvi post - The more you or anyone else tries to avoid the question of "Arabization" of Pakistani society by confusing "Islam with Arab", the more you end up playing in to the hands of those who promote such vile "arabization"

The lead article points to such arabization from Khuda hafiz to Allah hafiz, to Abaya and such and of course to the vile Wahabi/Salafi discourse (violence).

To argue that most Pakistanis are balevi's is to state the obvious, that is to say it does not deal with the issue of arabization - the arbi maso says Islam knows no language and no nationality - now if the arbi is willing to acknowledge this, why do some Pakistanis have such a hard time distinguishing between Arab culture and Islam?

Another ignorant comment. Pak Fauj is not fighting "Arabization". Pak Fauj has always been closer to Saudi Arabia than any other country on earth. Most Pakistanis are Sunni Muslims. Salafi, Hanafi, Barelvi are just school of thought. When was the last time you heard of a suicide bombing in the middle of Riyadh. Arabs are peaceful people. If you ever interact with Arab Muslims, you would know they are regular people like you and me, most are not extremists, and there is very little difference in how an Arab Muslim practices Islam and how a Pakistani Muslim practices Islam.

Go to a Mosque in the United States, you will see Arabs and Pakistanis reading prayers exactly the same way shoulder to shoulder. Real Pakistanis dont have anything against Arabs. We dont need more enemies, indians are enough.

Most of the Jihadi ideology was brought into Pakistan during Zia-ul-Haq's time by Saudi Arabia in the 80s, & the Arbi Salafi ideology was the one that was used in Madrassahs to indoctrinate people, to create the Mujahideen. The Mujahideen later off-shooted into the Al-Qaeda, Taliban, Northern Alliance, Hizb-e-Islami, TTP in the 90s & the 2000s. So yes, this is what Arabization did to Pakistan. Pakistan has been closely allied with Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia has done good things for Pakistan of course. But it has done some bad things as well, such as the fact that the Sipah-e-Sahaba in the 90s were on their payrolls, & the LeJ today is on their payroll, the groups that kill innocent Muslims & innocent Pakistanis.

hey muse what is this vile arabization? explain to us....

Coz i think its nothing more than some imagination of ur biased mind.

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Most of the Jihadi ideology was brought into Pakistan during Zia-ul-Haq's time by Saudi Arabia in the 80s, & the Arbi Salafi ideology was the one that was used in Madrassahs to indoctrinate people, to create the Mujahideen. The Mujahideen later off-shooted into the Al-Qaeda, Taliban, Northern Alliance, Hizb-e-Islami, TTP in the 90s & the 2000s. So yes, this is what Arabization did to Pakistan. Pakistan has been closely allied with Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia has done good things for Pakistan of course. But it has done some bad things as well, such as the fact that the Sipah-e-Sahaba in the 90s were on their payrolls, & the LeJ today is on their payroll, the groups that kill innocent Muslims & innocent Pakistanis.

Thts radicalisation not arabization.

Bilal

Great to be reading you again - Allow me to point a basic problem with your Barelvi post - The more you or anyone else tries to avoid the question of "Arabization" of Pakistani society by confusing "Islam with Arab", the more you end up playing in to the hands of those who promote such vile "arabization"

The lead article points to such arabization from Khuda hafiz to Allah hafiz, to Abaya and such and of course to the vile Wahabi/Salafi discourse (violence).

To argue that most Pakistanis are balevi's is to state the obvious, that is to say it does not deal with the issue of arabization - the arbi maso says Islam knows no language and no nationality - now if the arbi is willing to acknowledge this, why do some Pakistanis have such a hard time distinguishing between Arab culture and Islam?

Islam has nothing to do with Arabs or the Arabic nations, so I agree with you. Yes, "Arabization" in Pakistan has increased, but the foundations of Pakistan are strong in their Barelvi roots, & the "Arabization" you refer to is still followed by an extreme minority inside Pakistan.

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

hey muse what is this vile arabization? explain to us....

Coz i think its nothing more than some imagination of ur biased mind.

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Thts radicalisation not arabization.

Choose whatever word you want brother, radicalization or Arabization. I didn't want to choose "Islamization" here, because Islam doesn't have anything to do with Arab culture or radicalism. The reason I chose the word "Arabization" is because Salafism (radicalism) is a purely Arab phenomena, & I wanted to make that distinction. My message is the same if you replace "Arabization" with "radicalism".

One simple case of "Translation" in our everyday life.
Prayer is called Salaah in Arabic , but we extensively use translation of this word in our daily lives..
Urdu= Namaaz
Pushtoo= Moonz
Hindkoo= Namashaan

and there will be slightly different words in every dialect and language

Same goes for names of 5 times prayers

Morning Prayer
Arabic = Fajr
Urdu = Fajar
Hindko= Fazree
Malaysian = Suboh

and you may well be aware of many other different names for different prayers in different language...
Now imagine same thing happening to the whole of Quran...every language and dialect having their own version and no "standard" way of reciting Quran in one "common language".
With bible we have seen this (no disrespect towards Christians),there is no standard copy of bible agreed upon by everyone and the one which all Christians can recite and cross reference to each other.
Ever heard of the Word "standardization"? Islam introduced it centuries ago.

Back
Top Bottom