What's new

Beginning of Cyrus the Great Cinema Project (+trailer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no such thing as Cyrus the Great, He is fake story created by the Zionists to oppress Muslims, and that thing in Pasargadae is the mosque of the mother of Solomon, not the Tomb of Cyrus. Zionists, is a worldwide conspiracy, Changed the name of the tomb so they can use it against the Islamic Republic Of Iran later.
By the way, The ministry of culture and Islamic guidance should put an end to the production of the this cinematic blasphemy and also the government should hang the cast (Especially the director) as soon as possible. May it be a lesson for the rest of these kuffars.
But he was mentioned in cyropedia of Xenophon and Herodotus history and they both died ages before Islam even before Christianity.And the bible also is dated before Islam are you suggest they were aware of the future?

By the way do you have any evidence that mother of prophet Solomon even entered those area around pasargad as I'm aware his mother was Bathsheba that have died 400 years before they built passed and was buried at Jerusalem not thousand of km away from her family and where she lived and where she died.

The myth of mosque of the mother of prophet Solomon raised from the fact that Iranian wanted to protect it from Arab invaders so they told them it belong to the mother of prophet Solomon .

That's true...I always like Persian movies and wish that Pakistani film industry learns from Iran's film industry and do some joint productions.

He is waaaayyyy down on my priorities list, in fact no where. There are far more important and relevant personalities to read about and yes I prefer books to movies and I read them. I read War & Peace by Count Leo Tolstoy before watching the movies and same goes for J. R. R. Tolkien's work and I saw a lot of discrepancies between the novels and their screenplays...I know that will fly over your head but that's the reality.
In the case of tolkiens work, the movies were actually better than the books.

That's subjective...My brain works better while reading and visualising the scenes. The images that conjure up in my brain are normally better than any screen play.. but it all depends on how used to R&V a person is.

That's subjective...My brain works better while reading and visualising the scenes. The images that conjure up in my brain are normally better than any screen play.. but it all depends on how used to R&V a person is.
I read all the books and also I watched the movies and I also asked who the hell is Tauriel.

So I must disagree that the movie is better than the book.

I read all the books and also I watched the movies and I also asked who the hell is Tauriel.

So I must disagree that the movie is better than the book.
If you read War & Peace and then you watch the movies you will see that a lot of details have been skipped and not only that, the characters have been changed. Funny thing is that there are many movies made on the novel and most of them differ with each other in the storylines.

Look forward to this. The Persian Empire had profound effect on the Indus Valley/Pakistan.
So the Jews tricked you too huh? You see, There's no such a think as "Cyrus the Great" or "Persian Empire", They are fake stories created by the Jews. That's a part of their elaborate plan to trick Muslims into submission and oppress them in order to weaken the Ummah, Don't believe these lies man.
But he was mentioned in cyropedia of Xenophon and Herodotus history and they both died ages before Islam even before Christianity.And the bible also is dated before Islam are you suggest they were aware of the future?

By the way do you have any evidence that mother of prophet Solomon even entered those area around pasargad as I'm aware his mother was Bathsheba that have died 400 years before they built passed and was buried at Jerusalem not thousand of km away from her family and where she lived and where she died.

The myth of mosque of the mother of prophet Solomon raised from the fact that Iranian wanted to protect it from Arab invaders so they told them it belong to the mother of prophet Solomon .
That's because the Jews gathered all Cyropaedia books and Herodotus history books in the world and put the name of Cyrus in them so they can use it to create their fairy tales. Don't believe these lies man, Cyrus the Great didn't exist.

Seems like an urban legend :)
No, urban legend is when people know something, while in the case of this Cyrus guy, till a century ago nobody in Iran knew him, not a single scripture in all of our history books, not a single reference in any of our historical sites, we knew his predecessor and post kings but not the greatest king! not a single man in our history has ever named his son as Cyrus!!!

suddenly during Pahalvi dictatorship who wanted to justify his kingdom in a Islamic society, a forgotten legend was raised, suddenly a scripture was found in Iraq by british forces in which a man was praising himself! suddenly the legend of Cyrus the great was born.

No, urban legend is when people know something, while in the case of this Cyrus guy, till a century ago nobody in Iran knew him, not a single scripture in all of our history books, not a single reference in any of our historical sites, we knew his predecessor and post kings but not the greatest king! not a single man in our history has ever named his son as Cyrus!!!

suddenly during Pahalvi dictatorship who wanted to justify his kingdom in a Islamic society, a forgotten legend was raised, suddenly a scripture was found in Iraq by british forces in which a man was praising himself! suddenly the legend of Cyrus the great was born.
Wow that's really interesting...that's like Mormons..a sect of Christians initiated in USA just a century ago and their prophet is still alive.. :lol::lol::lol:
So why still the people are believing this mythical character especially after the revolution of 1979.

Last edited:
Its the same case with me, nothing beats a good book, its just that in tolkiens case the movies were such masterpieces that they actually overshadow the books.

Wow that's really interesting...that's like Mormons..a sect of Christians initiated in USA just a century ago and their prophet is still alive.. :lol::lol::lol:
So why still the people are believing this mythical character especially after the revolution of 1979.
It's complicated brother

If @mohsen tries to answer this out of honesty, i am sure that he would go under fire by my other countrymen :lol:. Spare him :D, but be sure that Jews have a hand in this. Some racial glories are used by Zionists to make hatred amongst Muslims.

It's complicated brother

If @mohsen tries to answer this out of honesty, i am sure that he would go under fire by my other countrymen :lol:. Spare him :D, but be sure that Jews have a hand in this. Some racial glories are used by Zionists to make hatred amongst Muslims.
I got it... :)

Some imbeciles in this thread are washing our past history. They’re even ignoring holy Quran, and even views of their Islamic scholars. These dumb people think because name of Cyrus the great is mentioned in “Torah” so he doesn’t exist! He is a Jew! So what about Quran?!

Dhul-Qarnayn = the bearer of two horns who conquered from east to west. [50% of population of the time]

124757-004-B420F257.jpg

www.islamquest.net/en/archive/question/fa5555

The title Dhul-Qarnayn has been mentioned in surah Kahf and his story regarding the Gog and Magog has also been narrated there.[1]

There is great debate about who Dhul-Qarnayn exactly was amongst interpreters of the Quran and historians and which famous person this title refers to.

It seems the first thing that needs to be considered in order to figure out who he was, are his traits.

The most significant reference for such a matter would be the Quran, which tells us that he possessed great and unique characteristics:

1- “Indeed We had granted him power in the land and given him the means to all things”[2]

2- He had three military expeditions; one to the West, one to the East and one to a strait located in a mountainous region, meeting different peoples in each one.[3]

3- He was a kind monotheist and a believer never straying from the path of justice, resulting in Allah’s (swt) special grace towards him. He was aid to the righteous and an enemy to the transgressors and tyrants, and had no feeling towards wealth and money.[4]

4- He both believed in Allah (swt) and the Day of Judgment.[5]

5- He built one of the most important and powerful dams ever; a dam made of iron and copper instead of the traditional materials used such as bricks and stone. This dam was made to help a weak and defenseless group of people against the transgressing Gog and Magog.[6]

6- He was known amongst the people before the revelation of the Quran, and that is why the Quraysh or Jews of the prophet’s (pbuh) time asked him of Dhul-Qarnayn[7], and that is why the Quran says: “And they ask you of Dhul-Qarnayn”.

Taking into consideration the attributes the Quran has mentioned about him, which of the past conquerors could have Dhul-Qarnayn been? There are different views on this issue:

a) Alexander of Macedonia: Some call him Alexander Dhul-Qarnayn. He lived no longer than 36 years and his body was buried in Alexandria.[8]

Yet, this theory isn't correct, because Alexander was a polytheist and idol worshipper and claimed to be deity after defeating the Achaemenians, which are all in complete contradiction with Quranic facts.[9]

b) Some historians believe that Dhul-Qarnayn was a king of Yemen. According to this theory, the dam he built would be the same dam known as Ma’reb.[10]

This theory is also incorrect because firstly, the dam of Ma’reb in Yemen in no way matches the one described in the Quran because according to the Quran, Dhul-Qarnayn’s dam was made of copper and iron, protecting those behind it from the attack of wild tribes, while the Ma’reb was made of traditional materials for the purpose of collecting water and the prevention of floods.[11] Secondly, there are several kings from Yemen who were known as Dhul-Qarnayn, and it isn't for sure that they were monotheists or not![12]

c) Cyrus the Great: This is a relatively new theory presented by the famous Islamic scholar AbulMakarem Azad that most experts tend to accept as the true identity of Dhul-Qarnayn.[13] Cyrus the great was a Persian king and descendant of Achaemenes (Hakhamanish) living in the sixth century b.c. In contrast to the other two theories, there are chances that Dhul-Qarnayn was actually Cyrus the Great. He was a monotheist (Zoroastrian) with an unaltered religion that could easily be found in both East and West Persia.[14]

Some of the reasons for why Dhul-Qarnayn can be Cyrus the Great:

1- He was a monotheistic believer that was familiar with God

2- He was a just and kind king that cared for his people

3- He was hard on transgressors and enemies

4- Allah (swt) had given him the means to all things

5- He bore religion, intellect, good deeds, virtues, wealth and glory

6- He had an expedition to the West and conquered Lidya as well

7- He travelled to the East and reached "مطلع الشمس" (where the sun rises) and met a wild desert dweller there

8- Cyrus built a dam in the Daryal Gorge that lies in the Caucasus Mountains, near the city of Tiflis.[15]

It should be noted that the title of Dhul-Qarnayn has been mentioned in both the Quran and the Torah. Basically, what these two books have to do with Dhul-Qarnayn is that according to hadiths, those asking the prophet (pbuh) about Dhul-Qarnayn were either the Jews themselves or the Quraysh with the encouragement of the Jews, trying to put him on the spot with a hard question and prove that he isn't a prophet. Therefore, the Dhul-Qarnayn the Quran speaks of is the same Dhul-Qarnayn that the Torah speaks of.

It is clear that in the Torah, Dhul-Qarnayn is Cyrus the Great, because he dreamed of Daniel as a ram plowing the West with one horn and the East with another, meaning that he would take over both, as according to the prophecy of Isaiah, Cyrus would become the “Eagle of the East”, meaning that he was the fierce warrior of the East.[16]

Abul-Makarem Azad Hindi says: “It is possible that the story of Daniel is only a myth, yet what the Quran mentions is surely true and has taken place. Contemporary historians have attested to Cyrus’s great, just and virtuous personality.”[17]

The link between two horns and Cyrus:

In the 19th century, a statue of Cyrus was discovered near the river of “Morghab” relatively the size of a full-sized human, depicting Cyrus with two spread wings like those of an eagle, and a crown with two horns like those of a ram. A group of German scientists travelled all the way to Iran just to see this statue, which is a great specimen and sample of ancient stone-carving. After comparing traits mentioned in the Holy Book with those seen in the statue, these historians reached a conclusion about why Cyrus was called Dhul-Qarnayn (The bearer of two horns), and also why his statue had wings like those of an eagle. All of these clues led to the conclusion about who Dhul-Qarnayn was in history (Cyrus the Great).[18]

Cyrus_the_great_-_horns.gif

Historians have also listed some moral attributes for Cyrus. For instance, Herodotus, the Greek historian writes: “Cyrus was a generous and very kind and gentle king, not thinking of accumulating wealth like other kings.”[19]

Others have also written: “Cyrus was a smart and kind king, possessing both the greatness of kings and the virtues of the wise. He had high determination and a dominant being, his slogan was to serve humanity and [one of] his characteristics was to be just; humility and humbleness had taken the place of pride and arrogance in him.”[20]

On this basis, there is no doubt that Dhul-Qarnayn was Cyrus the Great and today, many Islamic researchers and commentators have reached the same conclusion; that the Dhul-Qarnayn mentioned in the Quran is none other than the Dhul-Qarnayn mentioned in the Torah.

Was Cyrus a Prophet?

There is also a difference of opinion here amongst Islamic scholars as well. According to Allamah Tabatabai, in some hadiths, he has been introduced as a human[21], while in others he has been considered a heavenly angel.[22] Nevertheless, most scholars believe him to be a human. Many hadiths tell us that he wasn’t a prophet, but a righteous servant of Allah (swt).

1.jpg

Last edited:
The title Dhul-Qarnayn has been mentioned in surah Kahf and his story regarding the Gog and Magog has also been narrated there
I read surah Kahf every Jumma and with translation and explanation (tafsir)... How come Dhul Qurnain become Cyrus all of the sudden. No scholar is sure, they just say some people think...some people say but no one is sure and furthermore, it needs a body of scholars to declare it through a proper methodology.

Moreover as the learned and respected Iranian members have said he was an idolator and married to his siblings...how come he be a Prophet?
As long as, a king named Cyrus existed...it may or may not be true and should be investigated but don't try to turn an idolator into a Prophet for God sake.

Well let me introduce you to some books (I guaranty all of them are written before Bahlavi dynasty)
Asar-al-baqyah written by Abu Reyhan Biruni
History of kings and prophets by Hamzeh Isfahani

Also cyrus name is mentioned in Biston and its also written in alot of small epigraphs in pasargad .

And don't forget what allame Tabatabaee in Tafasir - al-Mizan wrote about Zu-al-Qarnein ? And also Ayat-Allah Makarem Shirazi supported his belief .
Also you can guess in ferdowsi Shahnameh who was Kay Bahman .

I read surah Kahf every Jumma and with translation and explanation (tafsir)... How come Dhul Qurnain become Cyrus all of the sudden. No scholar is sure, they just say some people think...some people say but no one is sure and furthermore, it needs a body of scholars to declare it through a proper methodology.

Moreover as the learned and respected Iranian members have said he was an idolator and married to his siblings...how come he be a Prophet?
As long as, a king named Cyrus existed...it may or may not be true and should be investigated but don't try to turn an idolator into a Prophet for God sake.
The identity of Dhul Qurnain is one of those secrets which Allah has hidden from mankind and there is a big reason for that too, if the identity of dhul qurnain is authentically established than with it, will be easily traced the location of the wall that imprisons gog and magog and that is a secret which Allah will only reveal at its designated time, apart from this fact numerous attempts have been made by several nations to attribute dhul qurnain with them and that is nothing but random quests for glory to feel good about themselves, nothing more.

A lot of historical scripts were lost when the grand library of Alexandria caught fire from caesar's ships, some say entire era's of human history were lost in that fire as Alexander had collected tons of scripts from his empire and transfered them to the library of alexandria. The era of dhul qurnain might've faded away in the ashes of the library of alexandria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom