What's new

Movie about Cyrus the Great

They better make the movie worthy of the great man they are trying to picture or better not do it at all.

I always thought the life story of Cyrus the Great makes a great movie. A man that built the biggest empire the mankind had ever seen and founded a nation that has last for more than two millennia after him.
He didn't found the nation . it was Medes who found the nation and he was grand children of the last medes king .

He didn't found the nation . it was Medes who found the nation and he was grand children of the last medes king .
There are some controversy about which one is the starting point of Persian Civilization. Usually Cyrus coronation is considered the starting point as he expanded Iran's territory to the point that it covers Iran's motherland.

There are some controversy about which one is the starting point of Persian Civilization. Usually Cyrus coronation is considered the starting point as he expanded Iran's territory to the point that it covers Iran's motherland.
Medes empire at peak of its power according to Herodotus
Median_empire_map.png

The Achaemenid are considered the founder of the nation by some westerner because of the similarity in the name of their tribe and the name they gave the nation (Pars compared with Persia) and the fact that Medes are not as well known as Achaemenid because they had no contact with European.

Last edited:
SORRY TO BUTT IN but ARE Bundar Sausages authentic Iranian Dishes !! i had a few YESTERDAY and wondering since then !

SORRY TO BUTT IN but ARE Bundar Sausages authentic Iranian Dishes !! i had a few YESTERDAY and wondering since then !
Sausage is not an Authentic Iranian food no matter how you prepare it. its just a fast food imported from God knows where and honestly its not even a good one.

Sausage is not an Authentic Iranian food no matter how you prepare it. its just a fast food imported from God knows where and honestly its not even a good one.
sausages are dirtiest and most junky among jun foods but its a guilty pleasure eating them. we have lot of iranian in my city and they had opened many small food outlets.

Its a cheap fast food, mostly famous in the south. The name "Soosis Bandari" means that it is a style of sausages as made in Bandar Abbas.

Personally, I loooove it. The way we make it in the south (or at home) is to make it super spicy.

This is our style, if you want to make it at home.

Slice onions. Put them in a lot of oil to fry. Slice sausages, and add them to the frying pan. Add tomatoes paste and lots of red spices. That's it. Some like to first fry potatoes (cubed into small pieces) instead of the onions, but the onion version is used more.

Anyway, then add them to sandwich bread, and add these three toppings:
1) Mince pickled cucumbers into very small pieces and mix it with mayonnaise
2) Use fresh basil
3) Spicy ketchup or hot sauce

I desperately want some soosis bandari now. I bet in India, they make it spicy the way I like them, but in Tehran, they don't make it spicy, so when I visit my hometown, I HAVE to eat them. Also, my wife sometimes makes it for me, but not too much, because its unhealthy and I eat a lot of it.

Its a cheap fast food, mostly famous in the south. The name "Soosis Bandari" means that it is a style of sausages as made in Bandar Abbas.

Personally, I loooove it. The way we make it in the south (or at home) is to make it super spicy.

This is our style, if you want to make it at home.

Slice onions. Put them in a lot of oil to fry. Slice sausages, and add them to the frying pan. Add tomatoes paste and lots of red spices. That's it. Some like to first fry potatoes (cubed into small pieces) instead of the onions, but the onion version is used more.

Anyway, then add them to sandwich bread, and add these three toppings:
1) Mince pickled cucumbers into very small pieces and mix it with mayonnaise
2) Use fresh basil
3) Spicy ketchup or hot sauce

I desperately want some soosis bandari now. I bet in India, they make it spicy the way I like them, but in Tehran, they don't make it spicy, so when I visit my hometown, I HAVE to eat them. Also, my wife sometimes makes it for me, but not too much, because its unhealthy and I eat a lot of it.
it was spicy .. and pickled cucumber gives it a nice touch .. for some reason they had added Mushrooms as well !!

Back
Top Bottom