What's new

BD to Purchase Submarines

And has anybody of u guys participitated in the thread talked anything about Submarine purchases , including the options they have and other technical details..???

I did. I talked about the proposed submarine deal while other were trolling. You missed my posts.:)

I don't think there is need for so much discussion on Bangladesh buying one Submarine. They can spend their money where ever they want and should be of least concern to us unless its in double digits.

Do not overdream, please. A naval blockade by a few Indian junks? It will leave your Bombay harbour to be taken by Pakistani bombardment. It is painful to imagine such a scenerio. Don't you understand that because of India's such a mind we are after buying naval helicopters and submarines?

We are also building a few hundred small patrol vessels fitted with missiles in our own shipyard. This venture was supposed to be with Pakistan initially. But, I do not know if it is now by BD alone or not. These small missile crafts will fly like bees around your junks and hit them with missiles.

@Eastwatch
I just couldn't stop laughing after reading these comments. I think you wrote these very emotionally. I hope you look at things realistically and realise Bangladesh geographical location is quiet unique and India can easily blocade the whole of Bay of Bengal 1000 miles away from anywhere near Bangladeshi Coast. Your small patrol vessels won't even find the indian ships. Compared this to Pakistan where a Blocade will be very difficult to enforce. And putting too much trust on Pakistani Navy...,the one that didn't even come out of Karachi Harbour that last time there was a War, well that will be too optimistic.

Anyways in over 38 years since your independence India has never done any such things and I don't see such a thing will happen in future also :cheers:

on the topic
as eastwatch was saying any idea where this ships will be docked? There are some islands at moheshkhali and the slopes are pretty high, that might be a suitable spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
what do u want to say about beg or steal money? BD has $11 billion reserve and its gdp is more $100. U know one thing , u have huge body with tiny heart.

Thats probably why you are still breathing Freedom :police:

@markus because of your irresponsible and stupid comments many users and some old ones got banned yesterday. Although I don like the attitude of any one of them it makes me sad. So just stfu.

on the topic
as eastwatch was saying any idea where this ships will be docked? There are some islands at moheshkhali and the slopes are pretty high, that might be a suitable spot.

so far my knowledge we are building a submarine base in Kaptai with turkish assistance.i wonder why it is in Kapti its to close to myanmar . it could be in patuakhali .

By the way I still donnot know who all were banned in this forum yesterday? Can anybody name those please.

Last edited:
Markus, it is not a matter of whether BD has attack subs or if IN is taking it lightly or not, the fact of the matter is that India has no locus standi in dictating what BD or Sri Lanka for the matter of fact can or can't have.

They are both sovereign nations who can make their own decision, as a country we should create economic opportunities to engage these countries than be hegemonic and attempt to clobber them.

At most, India can launch a diplomatic offense or attempt to persuade BD govt not to pursue it, but that's all we can do. Short of attacking these subs and destroying them (Which will be an act of war), the only option is prepare for a potential hostile sub in BoB waters and plan accordingly.

so far my knowledge we are building a submarine base in Kaptai with turkish assistance.i wonder why it is in Kapti its to close to myanmar . it could be in patuakhali .

may be because theres the naval dockyard and also the marine academy.

Markus, it is not a matter of whether BD has attack subs or if IN is taking it lightly or not, the fact of the matter is that India has no locus standi in dictating what BD or Sri Lanka for the matter of fact can or can't have.

They are both sovereign nations who can make their own decision, as a country we should create economic opportunities to engage these countries than be hegemonic and attempt to clobber them.

At most, India can launch a diplomatic offense or attempt to persuade BD govt not to pursue it, but that's all we can do. Short of attacking these subs and destroying them (Which will be an act of war), the only option is prepare for a potential hostile sub in BoB waters and plan accordingly.

Thats what I said earlier, we need to use our influence and stop this from happening.

I have no two doubts in my mind, this development (if it happens) will be really serious for India in the long term.

Thats what I said earlier, we need to use our influence and stop this from happening.

I have no two doubts in my mind, this development (if it happens) will be really serious for India in the long term.

We will do whatever we like to do we don't need indian permission for that .

So much brouhaha on BD supposedly buying a sub. lol. What BD will do with a sub anyway?

Back
Top Bottom