What's new

Bangladesh’s first Quran sculpture to be unveiled on Sunday

Religion has no place on how a state should run for the simple reason a state has people from different faith or faithless. A state cannot have favouritism. Everyone is equal. Secularism is the way to go. You should come out of the 15th century and join the modern world.

We have Bangladeshi Citizens who aren't Bengali and We still call our country land of Bengalis and adopted Bangla as the only State language. Do you apply similar logic on language or It is just for the religious shiits ?

We have Bangladeshi Citizens who aren't Bengali and We still call our country land of Bengalis and adopted Bangla as the only State language. Do you apply similar logic on language or It is just for the religious shiits ?
98% of the country is Bengali. Bengali people are the biggest ethnic group in every single district. Very Vague analysis. Countries are made on the basis of ethnicity/culture, not religion.

First of all, terrible comparison. Then again, no one is getting jailed for not learning or speaking Bengali. There is no such law condemning other language in any way. In case you didn't know, government produces books and gives them in 6 different languages for 27 different ethnic linguistic children.

Guess what, beef or alcohol isn't state language where I can drink alcohol and get jailed in BD or eat beef and get jailed in many states of India. Try differentiating someone that infringes anyone's rights from different faith or faithless and something that doesn't.

You are again confusing state religion or state language as something that forces anyone else on anything or have any meaning. State language simply means government has one language that they use, and they push that language on to the citizen via schools and colleges. I wouldn't even agree with it if we had any or at all major ethnic groups like the Americans don't have a state religion.

98% of the country is Bengali. Bengali people are the biggest ethnic group in every single district. .

What does this prove? That the remaining 2% donot count. I was just simply asking about it. How people take a solid position on matters that goes according to them (religious minority) but switch to a vague arbitrary position when it Goes against them ( language minority) ;) Amusing

You are again confusing state religion or state language as something that forces anyone else on anything or have any meaning. State language simply means government has one language that they use, and they push that language on to the citizen via schools and colleges.

Sad when such statements come from someone who has a history of 1952. Ask an Indian Bengali or a Tamil how do they feel when they are forced to adopt Hindi in their daily life. Language or Religion Same shiiit. States don't talk or pray.

Sad when such statements come from someone who has a history of 1952. Ask an Indian Bengali or a Tamil how do they feel when they are forced to adopt Hindi in their daily life. Language or Religion Same shiiit. States don't talk or pray.
Pretty sure 1952 wasn't about switching oppression of Bengalis by the Pakistanis to minorities in bd by the Bengalis.

You are basically saying you want to do the exact same thing the Pakistan did but with with our minorities just because they are small in number. As I said before, BD government uses Bengali languages and even schools in minority places provide books in their language with government money. No one should be forced to lose their tongue because they were born in a country with majority speaking another language. You can be proud of your language and they can be theirs. Comparing PK forcefulness of Urdu down on Bengalis is not the same as wanting Bengalis for Bengalis and minority languages for minorities.

Country should not be run by the tyranny of the majority. Doesn't matter if it's India, UK or BD. Everyone should have their rights regardless of what the majority ''feel''.

What does this prove? That the remaining 2% donot count. I was just simply asking about it. How people take a solid position on matters that goes according to them (religious minority) but switch to a vague arbitrary position when it Goes against them ( language minority) ;) Amusing
Pretty sure, he is not advocating for punishment for using any other language anywhere in BD. BD already provides books to minority children in their native tongue. State language in BD doesn't mean what you think it means. It only applies to what language government uses in the country. If you want to open a business and run in it different language, government is not going to do anything to you as long as you file the government paperworks in Bengali for the government to use. State language is just that. Nothing abhorrent as it might seem by name only.

Whereas what you are comparing that with religion, you are advocating punishment for alcohol drinking for people who are not muslim because the muslims are majority. Well, your religion has nothing to do with others and others have no need to follow your rules. State can't or shouldn't be able to use religion in their laws because everyone outside that religion gets oppressed by the majority.

Pretty sure 1952 wasn't about switching oppression of Bengalis by the Pakistanis to minorities in bd by the Bengalis.

You are basically saying you want to do the exact same thing the Pakistan did but with with our minorities just because they are small in number. As I said before, BD government uses Bengali languages and even schools in minority places provide books in their language with government money. No one should be forced to lose their tongue because they were born in a country with majority speaking another language. You can be proud of your language and they can be theirs. Comparing PK forcefulness of Urdu down on Bengalis is not the same as wanting Bengalis for Bengalis and minority languages for minorities.

Country should not be run by the tyranny of the majority. Doesn't matter if it's India, UK or BD. Everyone should have their rights regardless of what the majority ''feel''.

Pretty sure, he is not advocating for punishment for using any other language anywhere in BD. BD already provides books to minority children in their native tongue. State language in BD doesn't mean what you think it means. It only applies to what language government uses in the country. If you want to open a business and run in it different language, government is not going to do anything to you as long as you file the government paperworks in Bengali for the government to use. State language is just that. Nothing abhorrent as it might seem by name only.

Whereas what you are comparing that with religion, you are advocating punishment for alcohol drinking for people who are not muslim because the muslims are majority. Well, your religion has nothing to do with others and others have no need to follow your rules. State can't or shouldn't be able to use religion in their laws because everyone outside that religion gets oppressed by the majority.

I am not acquainted with Shariah law. I don't know whether It punishes Non Muslims for not following Islamic Values or not something which you are repeating again and again. If it so, then Shariah law is disgusting.

If you think "A Santal who wants to teach English needs to know Whether Chitrangada is a Tagore's Drama or Novel" is okay but Calling Muslim Majority country Muslim isn't I have nothing to add. I just find a vague touch of hypocrisy in it.

State religion doesn't really have any or at all meaningful impact in the government and rule of law. Just like North Korea is ''Democratic People's Republic of Korea''. It's just a statement and nothing to do with actual governance.

It's not as though I am saying the government can't do anything for the religious anyway. Anything that helps Bangladeshi people is I am with. Here in Malaysia, there are things that help people, like the halal foods. It doesn't infringe upon others right to eat non-halal items or alcohol but having halal indicators on food items help the Muslims. I am with anything government does that helps people as long as they don't infringe upon my rights, such as using public money to build and run mosques, churches or temple. Because it makes it easier for the citizens to practice whatever they believe and does not affect me personally. But then you go on banning alcohol, there you go infringing my rights. Your religion forbids you from drinking and I understand that. Won't force you to drink. But you can't ban me from drinking because of your belief. Or the Hindus can't ban beef because of their belief. Nobody is forcing beef down their throat. And you can have halal haram labels forced by the government to make people's life easier if you want. Because it doesn't affect anyones rights. But don't stop me from eating 'Haram' things when I don't have the same belief as you.

I am guessing you don't like it when people in other countries use their faith to refrain your faith like beef in India. Yet here many people are advocating the same just different religion and on different people. LAWS should be secular. I shouldn't have to go to jail for drinking. It's your belief and you are free to practice it but don't infringe on others rights by forcing them to live by your set of rules.

Hope you dont guess anything. Because Im not enforcing religious theocracy on you. Only state deep issues. We had better freedom before 2010 state enforced secularism. State enforcement cant be implemented if the people dont accept it or gov has trust issue. Bangladeshis are secular by nature as you can see about women rights. If state was successful then they would be successful against corruption and mafia gangs. Which isnt the case. You are hell bent on secularism while distancing away from all other fundamental constitutional rights. This type secularism only helps certain groups of people while ignoring large number. Which is portrayal of dishonesty. In India Muslim people are marginalised and if same things happen in BD. Then it can be sign of wider subjugation effort. Reconsider your imaginary infringing others rights with real enforcement of your set of values on others.

Quran should be above BD's constitution those who deny should be given bamboo. I dont want shariah law in BD but its legitimate deterrent against both the people who want to make BD faithless with Hindutva agenda and the people drag BD too much far right.

Quran is for religion
Constitution is for Country.

Anyone who thinks Quran should be above constitution He should be given bamboo for the sin of comparing God's word to Men's word. It is Insulting to Quran If It is associated with a country that is run by thieves and full of thieves and stands in the top half of the most corrupted nations list.

Because immature words like these People take a dig on Islam, Quran and Political Islam. First make your society, a bit Islamic. Pakistan calls itself Islamic, but Have you seen anything Islamic? Just Naming things wont do any good.

Hope you dont guess anything. Because Im not enforcing religious theocracy on you. Only state deep issues. We had better freedom before 2010 state enforced secularism. State enforcement cant be implemented if the people dont accept it or gov has trust issue. Bangladeshis are secular by nature as you can see about women rights. If state was successful then they would be successful against corruption and mafia gangs. Which isnt the case. You are hell bent on secularism while distancing away from all other fundamental constitutional rights. This type secularism only helps certain groups of people while ignoring large number. Which is portrayal of dishonesty. In India Muslim people are marginalised and if same things happen in BD. Then it can be sign of wider subjugation effort. Reconsider your imaginary infringing others rights with real enforcement of your set of values on others.
+1

OF COURCE. There it is. We humans can't focus on two things at once so we all have to focus on the things YOU WANT to focus on. We are 160+ million people. You focus on what you want while I do mine. Do not tell someone else to shut up about their rights issue because you want something different to be done first. Bring me an issue and I will either support it or won't depending on the issue, but don't tell me to shut up about an issue because you don't care about it it.

Unlike you, I can focus on more issue than one and push for every one that I think is right. This 'focus on this, forget that' isn't my thing, so take a hike.

Quran is for religion
Constitution is for Country.

Anyone who thinks Quran should be above constitution He should be given bamboo for the sin of comparing God's word to Men's word. It is Insulting to Quran If It is associated with a country that is run by thieves and full of thieves and stands in the top half of the most corrupted nations list.

Because immature words like these People take a dig on Islam, Quran and Political Islam. First make your society, a bit Islamic. Pakistan calls itself Islamic, but Have you seen anything Islamic? Just Naming things wont do any good.

+1

Hmm got carried away with this.

If you think "A Santal who wants to teach English needs to know Whether Chitrangada is a Tagore's Drama or Novel" is okay but Calling Muslim Majority country Muslim isn't I have nothing to add. I just find a vague touch of hypocrisy in it.
WHAT? I simply don't get what you are trying to say.

WHAT? I simply don't get what you are trying to say.

Em.... You were repeating that the Government is providing text books to tribal areas in their language. It is nothing but a " Chhele Bhulano Golpo" when A non Bengali Santal if wants to become a Math or Science teacher in Govt Colleges need to memorize entire Bengali Literature to seat for the civil service exam ? Is that a level playing field to you given you statement like this " A state cannot have favouritism. Everyone is equal "?

Em.... You were repeating that the Government is providing text books to tribal areas in their language. It is nothing but a " Chhele Bhulano Golpo" when A non Bengali Santal if wants to become a Math or Science teacher in Govt Colleges need to memorize entire Bengali Literature to seat for the civil service exam ? Is that a level playing field to you?
It is. Did you only learn Bengali in your school? English wasn't a subject? They also have Bangla subject that they get from little at first and then grows little by little after each class. Do you not know anything how govt distributes books to minorities? Those children start with their mother tongue and have side books of Bangla to cope with outsiders or jobs or as you said, higher level education.

They get to keep their linguistic heritage and also cope in other places using Bangla. They don't have to lose their tongue or their own language just because they are minority.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom