What's new

Bangladesh’s first Quran sculpture to be unveiled on Sunday

It is. Did you only learn Bengali in your school? English wasn't a subject? They also have Bangla subject that they get from little at first and then grows little by little after each class. Do you not know anything how govt distributes books to minorities? Those children start with their mother tongue and have side books of Bangla to cope with outsiders or jobs or as you said, higher level education.

So a Santal needs to know 3 languages when I can have the same qualification with two?

Unlike you, I can focus on more issue than one and push for every one that I think is right. This 'focus on this, forget that' isn't my thing, so take a hike.

Ok chill I was in process to fathom you. Got a picture after closely checking. Maybe I was going up and down without matching same wave length and interacting different way. This is immature comment "Unlike you". Online forums are full of 22 which can be difficult to deal. Happy new year. Bye

So a Santal needs to know 3 languages when I can have the same qualification with two?
Yes? And they don't lose their linguistic heritage just because they are minorities. They need to learn Bangla to live in cities or other Bengali majority places so they can communicate. Why do you learn English? Because to communicate with people of other countries that don't speak the same language as you. Here the minorities learn Bangla so they can communicate with the Bengalis. Is that really so hard for you to get?

Yes? And they don't lose their linguistic heritage just because they are minorities. They need to learn Bangla to live in cities or other Bengali majority places so they can communicate. Why do you learn English? Because to communicate with people of other countries that don't speak the same language as you. Here the minorities learn Bangla so they can communicate with the Bengalis. Is that really so hard for you to get?

Man you contradict yourself. When you say Yes to the question That a Santal needs 3 language to learn while A bengali can get away with 2 (to secure job and also to preserve cultural heritage) , you contradict your initial statement "A state cannot have favouritism. Everyone is equal"

And the rest of your post is perfect, Now you see the importance of "Majority" . To live in Bengali Majority land the Santal needs to adopt with Bengali culture and language. Life isnot always fair to all.

Just Because Two farmers live in a fisherman village, you cannot oppose naming it a fisherman village. @Jacksparrow47 was on point.

Man you contradict yourself. When you say Yes to the question That a Santal needs 3 language to learn while A bengali can get away with 2 (to secure job and also to preserve cultural heritage) , you contradict your initial statement "A state cannot have favouritism. Everyone is equal"
Well I need to learn two languages while an American can get away learning only one. Heck to live in Sweden I have to know some Swedish as well. Making it three.

But.....it is not imposed on you. Santals don't have to learn Bangla. However if they work outside their village in Bangladesh only then it is necessary. Because otherwise his service won't have the desired effects. It is not favouritism it is necessity.

And the rest of your post is perfect, Now you see the importance of "Majority" . To live in Bengali Majority land the Santal needs to adopt with Bengali culture and language. Life isnot always fair to all.

Just Because Two farmers live in a fisherman village, you cannot oppose naming it a fisherman village. @Jacksparrow47 was on point.
You are the one who don't get it. There is no law that prohibits them from their own language and identity and treats them fairly by giving children books of their language to learn and grow up. They learn Bangla for communication. But to say it is in any way similar to a government law based upon religion, is simply wrong.

Religion prohibits their followers many things, like beef or alcohol. Put it simply, do you want India to ban beef in ALL THE STATES that have hindu majority just because they have a majority? Do you agree with the Chinese banning fasting in ramadan because those atheist don't agree with it?

If you don't that means you want secularity when another religion or ideology oppress your religious people but you go around doing the same to others and don't want secularity for the christian hindu or atheists? For things like non halal food or beverage. Why do I have follow you what your religion says? State serves all and needs to be secular. State can't enforce or write laws based on any religion. religion has no place in Government. Everyone gets equal treatment whether they are minority or majority. The majority can't decide minorities rights based on their religion.

Well I need to learn two languages while an American can get away learning only one. Heck to live in Sweden I have to know some Swedish as well. Making it three.

But.....it is not imposed on you. Santals don't have to learn Bangla. However if they work outside their village in Bangladesh only then it is necessary. Because otherwise his service won't have the desired effects. It is not favouritism it is necessity.

So you think If I dont know Tagore I wont be able to teach English?

So you think If I dont know Tagore I wont be able to teach English?
Well in a public school in Bangladesh, you have to explain your stuff in Bangla. Like
C A T - Cat বিড়াল।

So Tagore is not necessary. But some knowledge of Bangla however is.

Well in a public school in Bangladesh, you have to explain your stuff in Bangla. Like
C A T - Cat বিড়াল।

So Tagore is not necessary. But some knowledge of Bangla however is.

Yeah you can. What does Tagore have to do with English?

Already Explained to you. A santal needs to know entire Bengali Literature (books of 99% of writers you never heard as a Bengali). It isn't necessary at all but it is forced upon them. You people are taking it lightly, But It isnt that easy for them. Life is not always fair. It is easy to pass statements . It feels good.

Already Explained to you. A santal needs to know entire Bengali Literature (books of 99% of writers you never heard as a Bengali). It isn't necessary at all but it is forced upon them.
Ahh....didn't know. Thats sad. This should change. School curriculum should be the same for everyone.

Already Explained to you. A santal needs to know entire Bengali Literature (books of 99% of writers you never heard as a Bengali). It isn't necessary at all but it is forced upon them. You people are taking it lightly, But It isnt that easy for them. Life is not always fair. It is easy to pass statements . It feels good.
What does life naturally not being always fair have to do with government having religious laws and forcing unfairness to all the people? All the non muslims pay taxes and part of the economy and above all Bangladeshi, why would the government, that is supposed to represent everyone, including them, pass laws against them because others religion says so?

A santal needs to know entire Bengali Literature (books of 99% of writers you never heard as a Bengali). It isn't necessary at all but it is forced upon them.
Fix that by translating them instead of taking it as a freeway to enforce whatever arbitrary rules you want by pointing at this.

What does life naturally not being always fair have to do with government having religious laws and forcing unfairness to all the people? All the non muslims pay taxes and part of the economy and above all Bangladeshi, why would the government, that is supposed to represent everyone, including them, pass laws against them because others religion says so?

A little learning is dangerous. Stop That crap that the Shariah would do this and that. According to Islamic Shariah, Other Religion followers are judged by their laws , not Islamic laws. I bet you didn't know that?

A little learning is dangerous. Stop That crap that the Shariah would do this and that. According to Islamic Shariah, Other Religion followers are judged by their laws , not Islamic laws. I bet you didn't know that?
They won't understand that. They are inspired/brain washed by mukto Mona and ishtishon type cr.ap blogs and such type of people, but just softer version as they are not hateful like those psudo atheists/hindutva folks.

It's irrelevant what the religion teaches. It doesn't have any place in the government.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom