What's new

Bangladesh’s first Quran sculpture to be unveiled on Sunday

Hmm...whom did South Korea colonized?

I'll tell you one more thing. With the amount of aid Palestine received, war torn Germany could've rebuilt itself like three times.

South Korea or Korea was under occupation for a little period. It helps. South asia was under occupation for 200 years.

Watch it

You cannot see the bigger picture. They are highly educated that is why they are secular. Are you highly educated? Are your people highly educated? If you think they are compatible to what white men adopted like gay marriage styled liberalism you will only end up making it as Iran or Afghanistan. Have a read how did they turn to conservative Islam
Look, no one is saying that things like Gay marriages need to be made legal in Bangladesh. But lets look forward. We are educated enough to keep religion and state separate. We have done that so far. No point going back and impose religion on state. Other progress will come as people get educated. And the country develops.

We are educated enough to keep religion and state separate
Why do we even need this ?the idea of keeping religion and state seperate is the main concept of another religion ,do you know this ?
So why imposing another religion's teaching on Muslims ?

South Korea or Korea was under occupation for a little period. It helps. South asia was under occupation for 200 years.
I will watch it later. But do you know, South Korea was much poorer than Pakistan in 1950's? Do you know China started poorer than India(per capita wise)in 1947? Do you know how Germany, Japan quickly rebuilt themselves after being devastated in ww2? Secularism was forced on China in a very violent manner. And today everyone sees it as an upcoming super power. All those countries don't see religion as a part of governing the state.

And what determines when to look at majority or when social is everything dependant on your view of islam, right? Sure, that way you can cherry pick whatever you want and condemn Myanmar but anything that puts majority rule of oppression of minority in BD, you are okay with because then there majority would matter. It's all arbitrary to you.

If you are going for a gotcha with Iran Afghanistan, you are not going to get it. Iran is well documented because of UK. And later UK dragged US and put a puppet regime. While Afghanistan is because of Cold War. They didn't ''turn to''. War made them.

Also, quite a sad time for you to bring up Iran when there are massive protest going on against kohmeni and their government because of the govts conservatism. The people want to get rid of the religious side of the government.

No. suppose I am a Mullah , but if I live in a secular society and they opt for Secularism , I have to oblige. That is what I was saying. Why do you bring My views on Islam in it? My love or hatred for religion has nothing to do with it.

Because of Cold war afghanistan turned to Fundamentalism or Soviet atheist Communist Rule didnot agree with afghan stomach?

I am not a supporter of Khomeni. Just told you what premature secularism can bring .

So why imposing another religion's teaching on Muslims ?
I am ot. Since I am saying that religion is one's private matter. One has the right to pray as much as he wants or pray to whoever he wants. But it should have no say how the state is run. The state should be run the way it benefits the people. If I see countries which is governed in Islamic way improving rapidly(without oil and natural resources) by the hard work of its people, then I'd be wanting the same system for Bangladesh as well.

I will watch it later. But do you know, South Korea was much poorer than Pakistan in 1950's? Do you know China started poorer than India(per capita wise)in 1947? Do you know how Germany, Japan quickly rebuilt themselves after being devastated in ww2? Secularism was forced on China in a very violent manner. And today everyone sees it as an upcoming super power. All those countries don't see religion as a part of governing the state.

Surely West Germany was much religious than East Germany? Which rebuilt its economy quicker? Se There are other factors, dont make secu-religio the prime factor.

Surely West Germany was much religious than East Germany? Which rebuilt its economy quicker? Se There are other factors, dont make secu-religio the prime factor.
Surely. But religion didn't play a role in how the state was governed. Like I said, one should be allowed to pray as much as he likes. But the state can't have policies regarding it.

I am ot. Since I am saying that religion is one's private matter. One has the right to pray as much as he wants or pray to whoever he wants. But it should have no say how the state is run. The state should be run the way it benefits the people. If I see countries which is governed in Islamic way improving rapidly(without oil and natural resources) by the hard work of its people, then I'd be wanting the same system for Bangladesh as well.
Okay just answer me one question directly. Do.you believe in such type of freedom of speech that can hurt the sentiment of any group of people?
Like bashing islam that hurt the sentiment of Muslims?
@Mage

Do.you believe in such type of freedom of speech that can hurt the sentiment of any group of people?
Like bashing islam that hurt the sentiment of Muslims?
I believe everything can be subjected to constructive criticism. But not bashing. For example I think one should have the right to discuss which part of Islam/Hinduism/Christianity is not compatible with todays environment. But one should not have the right to say bad things about the prophet and other sahabas or Jesus or hindu deities.

Surely. But religion didn't play a role in how the state was governed. Like I said, one should be allowed to pray as much as he likes. But the state can't have policies regarding it.

I didnt say religion was the precondition neither a deterrence to economic development. . I just oppose the idea that states cant have policies regarding religion . It is the people who will decide. If It remains within limit I have no problem with it. I understand the dilemma a Muslim and a Jew faces. Mohammad, Moses , Solomon all were state leaders . So I support the right of Jews of forming a state. It is their spiritual need to be honest but not on other's land.

Btw According to Sociologists, religious communities have done better in comparison. Read it in Dan browns recent " Origin " :lol:

I believe everything can be subjected to constructive criticism. But not bashing. For example I think one should have the right to discuss which part of Islam/Hinduism/Christianity is not compatible with todays environment. But one should not have the right to say bad things about the prophet and other sahabas or Jesus or hindu deities.
Alright thank you. It was a good answer .This position is very much acceptable for me. I can live in peace in a society with seculars like you ,who are not anti Islamic .
@Mage

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom