What's new

Bangladeshi Vegetarian Cuisine

Is Bangladeshi vegetarian cuisine as delicious as non-veg one?

• Total voters
Bangladesh is big and populated country.... you and your friend circle doesn't represent whole Bangladesh.....
Yes right, but
my brother has visited your country twice and had a long stay.... it's a trend among young broad modern minded people to become vegetarian these days... it makes them look modern, nature and animals friend....
How many people your brother met? And how you can be very sure that they represent Bangladesh?

On the other hand as I said, vegetarians are the extreme degree of hypocrites, who kill animal only because the animals eat their vegetable. These heinous criminals try to show their loves to animal by not eating them. On the other hand they kill rats and insects because they eat vegetables and grain, as if rats have no life and they feel no pain.

At least non veg people kill animal to eat, but the demonic vegetarians just kill animals because the poor animals eat the grain to survive.

In short if non veg people are wolves to animals, then veg people are lamb coated wolves who try to show love to animals and later murder rats because rat eat vegetables. But rats are doing so because they have life too, they feel hungry too, and they eat grain and veg because God order them to do so.

Other than trying to prove non veg people are cruel, backdated and mindless, vegetarians should start a holy war against God himself instead of killing the poor animals ( rats) who are just obeying the order of God by eating their vegetable in order to survive!

Ps: Truly no one in Bangladesh is becoming veg. If they show it to your brother, then only to impress him,mark my words.

well as pack animals such as horses/elephants -
@Bilal9, I also know that horse is maqru. But you see Kazakhstan people regularly eat horse ( know from intranet, correct me if I am wrong) , and they are Muslims. Why Muslims will eat a maqruh food regularly if it's not Halal? Just slightly confused.

Last edited:
Delicious Vegetarian Food (Indonesian)

1. Gado Gado (many put boiled eggs though, but if you are really vegetarian you dont need to order the eggs). I always eat it with rice.

68778868-2303236819802542-5630130584458683148-n-7782b07a5b46e55f92612d77fa9910ff_600x400.jpg

2. Tahu goreng (fried Tofu). You can eat it with rice as well :smitten:

tahu-goreng.jpg

3. Tempe Goreng (Fried Tempeh). You can eat it with rice and chili sauce

t_5ddf8a0978f58.jpg

nasi-tempe.jpg

1. Gado Gado (many put boiled eggs though, but if you are really vegetarian you dont need to order the eggs). I always eat it with rice.

68778868-2303236819802542-5630130584458683148-n-7782b07a5b46e55f92612d77fa9910ff_600x400.jpg

tahu-goreng.jpg

t_5ddf8a0978f58.jpg

nasi-tempe.jpg

I like a simple Nasi Ramis with Daging Rendang , Kare Djawa and Gado Gado. I picked them up while living in Amsterdam, the former colonial master. Javanese cuisine and Tobacco are my favorites.

Yes right, but

How many people your brother met? And how you can be very sure that they represent Bangladesh?

On the other hand as I said, vegetarians are the extreme degree of hypocrites, who kill animal only because the animals eat their vegetable. These heinous criminals try go show their loves to animal by not eating them. On the other hand they kill rats and insects because they eat vegetables and grain, as if rats have no life.

At least non veg people kill animal to eat, but the demonic vegetarians just kill animals because the poor animals eat the grain to survive.

In short if non veg people are wolves to animals, then veg people are lamb coated wolves who try to show love to animals and later murder rats because rat eat vegetables. But rats are doing so because they have life too, they feel hungry too, and they eat grain and veg because God order them to do so.

Other than trying to prove non veg people are cruel, backdated and mindless, vegetarians should start a holy war against God himself instead of killing the poor animals ( rats) who are just obeying the order of God by eating their vegetable in order to survive!

Ps: Truly no one in Bangladesh becoming veg. If they show it to your brother, then only to impress him,mark my words.

@Bilal9, I also know that horse is maqru. But you see Kazakhstan people regularly eat horse ( know from intranet, correct me if I am wrong) , and they are Muslims. Why Muslims will eat a maqruh food regularly if it's not Halal? Just slightly confused.

Well my brother met all BD citizens who are associated with ad film industry and mass media.... so obviously they've more wider approach towards deep BD society than any of PDFers here.... so their survey and studies is more valuable to me....

You PDF people staying abroad have zero idea of what amount of water has flowed from Tista.... just check along with vegetarianism the trend to learn YOGA among your youths these days....

tahu-goreng.jpg

t_5ddf8a0978f58.jpg

nasi-tempe.jpg

Brother Indos.... that looks really yummy....

I have visited Thailand, Singapore and Malaysia (only malacca) in your neighborhood....

Two years back I had chance to visit Indonesia in Jakarta and Medan for office work but at last moment company selected my colleague to go there instead of me.... it was a real sad day for me as it's my dream to visit your beautiful country.... if I ever come, above dishes will help me with my vegetarian diet....

I like a simple Nasi Ramis with Daging Rendang , Kare Djawa and Gado Gado. I picked them up while living in Amsterdam, the former colonial master. Javanese cuisine and Tobacco are my favorites.

Yup I read some where that many IndoDutch people live in Netherland and many of them still preserve Indonesian food and may open Indonesian cuisine there. It is so unfortunate that around 500.000 IndoDutch people leave Indonesia because fear of native revenge. In Indonesia the most popular food is from Western Sumatra (Padang/Minang people) and daging rendang is one of their cuisine. Rendang itself has many different flavor. My best friend has a Padang restaurant and has a very special daging Rendang recipe. A secret recipe from his family.

One of Javanese cuisine that I like is soto Rawon (Rawon soup). The characteristic of Javanese cuisine is a bit sweet but we can add chilly souce on the soup like what I always do.

Soto Rawon (they use cow meat)

Rawon-Daging-tokomesin.jpg

Well my brother met all BD citizens who are associated with ad film industry and mass media.... so obviously they've more wider approach towards deep BD society than any of PDFers here.... so their survey and studies is more valuable to me....
Okay then I believe you. Because people from film industry, media or related to it are basically a.so.holes. They eat beef regularly and pretend to be animal lovers when their sanghi masters are infront of them. However as bollywood doesn't represent the dirt poor India, same as Bangladeshi film industry folks who are connected to India for their livelihood also don't represent Bangladesh. So no more argument.

You PDF people staying abroad have zero idea of what amount of water has flowed from Tista.... just check along with vegetarianism the trend to learn YOGA among your youths these days....
I don't stay aboard sir. Born in Bangladesh,raised in Bangladesh and also living in Bangladesh.

And yoga? When I was young, I used to practice some yoga exercise for few days, later found not very useful for health. Eating meat is very good for health if you can do gym regularly. If can't atleast run or fast walk regularly, it's more beneficial than yoga.

Nowadays yoga is for weak and old people who are unable to do other exercise, or even too lazy to walk in the morning or afternoon.

Last edited:
Brother Indos.... that looks really yummy....

I have visited Thailand, Singapore and Malaysia (only malacca) in your neighborhood....

Two years back I had chance to visit Indonesia in Jakarta and Medan for office work but at last moment company selected my colleague to go there instead of me.... it was a real sad day for me as it's my dream to visit your beautiful country.... if I ever come, above dishes will help me with my vegetarian diet....

Thanks for your preference on my country bro, talking about vegetarian cuisine of Indonesia, the secret is always on the chilly sauce. You can always buy tofu or tempeh or any vegetable and eat it with chilly sauce and rice.

Here a vegetarian cuisine we called as Lalapan which consist of vegetable and chilly where you can eat it with rice.

Lalab_platter_and_Sambal.jpg

Non Vegan people usually order fried chicken with this lalapan

nasi-timbel-komplit_20170707_143703.jpg

Leave Bangladesh, West Bengalis will not sacrifice non -vegetarian dish for a vegetarian one. Our god eats non veg. Monks from Ramkrishna mission are non veg. So was Swami Vivekananda.
Saying so, I will say here we have some delicious vegetarian dishes thanks to the Iskon, Baul and Baishnab sects. These dishes are without onion and garlic..
There are lots vegetarian dishes in BD as well like green leaves curry (Sak), some types of dal (ghugni), fry, some vegitable curries etc..

Okay then I believe you. Because people from film industry, media or related to it are basically a.so.holes. They eat beef regularly and pretend to be animal lovers when their sanghi masters are infront of them. However as bollywood doesn't represent the dirt poor India, same film industry folks who are connected to India for their livelihood also don't represent Bangladesh. So no more argument.

I don't stay aboard sir. Born in Bangladesh,made in Bangladesh and also living in Bangladesh.

And yoga? When I was young, I used to practice some yoga exercise for few days, later found not very useful for health. Eating meat is very good for health if you can do gym regularly. If can't atleast run or fast walk regularly, it's more beneficial than yoga.

Nowadays yoga is for weak and old people who are unable to do other exercise, or even too lazy to walk in the morning or afternoon.

You guys will never understand... theres still time for you to understand....

Thanks for your preference on my country bro, talking about vegetarian cuisine of Indonesia, the secret is always on the chilly sauce. You can always buy tofu or tempeh or any vegetable and eat it with chilly sauce and rice.

Here a vegetarian cuisine we called as Lalapan which consist of vegetable and chilly where you can eat it with rice.

Lalab_platter_and_Sambal.jpg

Non Vegan people usually order fried chicken with this lalapan

nasi-timbel-komplit_20170707_143703.jpg

They look amazing.... along with glass of beer it will be a fun... in Thailand my favorite beer was Thai local Chang beer.... what's the name of Indonesian local beer?

You guys will never understand... theres still time for you to understand....

They look amazing.... along with glass of beer it will be a fun... in Thailand my favorite beer was Thai local Chang beer.... what's the name of Indonesian local beer?

Indonesia local beer name is bir bintang but they also sell non alcohol one. Whole of my life I only drink one can of beer when I was still in university. According to me, it doesnt taste good and I dont want to drink it anymore due to religious reason.

Leave Bangladesh, West Bengalis will not sacrifice non -vegetarian dish for a vegetarian one. Our god eats non veg. Monks from Ramkrishna mission are non veg. So was Swami Vivekananda.
Perhaps it's the difference between vaishnava tradition and shaktism? BTW, an off topic question, are all vaishnava like Bengali Gaudia vaishnava who prefer radha krishna worship over other deities and prefer vegetarian diet?

Indonesia local beer name is bir bintang but they also sell non alcohol one. Whole of my life I only drink one can of beer when I was still in university. According to me, it doesnt taste good and I dont want to drink it anymore due to religious reason.

Thanks bro... being pure brahmins along with non vegetarian food alcohol too is strict no no in my family and religion but me and my brother have kept ourselves limited to mild beer consumption that too whenever we are on work trips or family trips.....

Understand what? Necessity of yoga or vegetable?

Both...

And fact that you don't understand what is attracting your younger generation....

Perhaps it's the difference between vaishnava tradition and shaktism? BTW, an off topic question, are all vaishnava like Bengali Gaudia vaishnava who prefer radha krishna worship over other deities and prefer vegetarian diet?

Yes vaishnavas especially from kutch and Gujarat are very very strict vegetarian people....

Marwadis and Jains are also very strict in vegetarian food... they are so strict that they don't even tolerate sitting with person on same table if he or she is eating non vegetarian.... they don't even like to eat onions, ginger etc...

In our family we're strict vegetarian but we don't force someone to not to eat non vegetarian food if he is sitting with us...

In south India Lingayat brahmins and in Maharashtra GSB brahmins are also very strict vegetarian people....

In north almost 85% Hindus are purely vegetarian people....

There are many non vegetarian eaters in Hindus in some states but they are not originally non vegetarian people.... you can say they have adapted themselves to that diet.... their percentage is very low in comparison of vegetarian people....

Then there are many states which are non vegetarian such as NE states, Punjab, my own state Goa, kerala etc

But overall by majority India is known as a land of vegetarianism....

Two years back I had chance to visit Indonesia in Jakarta and Medan for office work but at last moment company selected my colleague to go there instead of me....
Was it because of office politics? You know the archetypical Indian office/workplace politics? Maybe it was and you don't know about it?

- PRTP GWD

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom