What's new

Iran Vegetarian Food

Have you ever tasted authentic Iranian and Afghan food? And is it as good as Pakistani? Be Frank.

- PRTP GWD
I eat khyber phuktunkhwa food a lot. Shinwari, peshawari pulaos, chapli kebabs, Shinwari kerahis and tiikas etc. Basically kerahi is a northern dish now adopted in punjab and sindh. It is basically from kpk and quetta.
While the masla brands sales show the most masala they sold in lahore and karachi is biryani masla while the most masla they sold in quetta is kerahi ghost.
Well if you mean that, because it is similar to afghan food then yes I eat it a lot.
But Iranian I have not. Except I heard they too make gulab jamans, but not sure.

I eat khyber phuktunkhwa food a lot. Shinwari, peshawari pulaos, chapli kebabs, Shinwari kerahis and tiikas etc. Basically kerahi is a northern dish now adopted in punjab
I eat khyber phuktunkhwa food a lot. Shinwari, peshawari pulaos, chapli kebabs, Shinwari kerahis and tiikas etc. Basically kerahi is a northern dish now adopted in punjab and sindh. It is basically from kpk and quetta.
While the masla brands sales show the most masala they sold in lahore and karachi is biryani masla while the most masla they sold in quetta is kerahi ghost.
Well if you mean that, because it is similar to afghan food then yes I eat it a lot.
But Iranian I have not. Except I heard they too make gulab jamans, but not sure.
Not KPK. There are a lot of Afghan refugees in Pakistan or Pakistanis themselves may be often traveling to Afghanistan.

So ever got the opportunity to eat ACTUAL Afghan food?

HOW WAS IT? GOOD OR MEDIOCRE?

Thanks.

- PRTP GWD

Not KPK. There are a lot of Afghan refugees in Pakistan or Pakistanis themselves may be often traveling to Afghanistan.

Thanks.

- PRTP GWD
The border areas people may go.
But majority does not go.
Even people from kpk don't go. They are too afraid. There are some restaurants in Islamabad but that's it.

Coco Sabzi is a delicious Persian vegetarian dish

How-to-Make-Coco-Vegetables0.jpg

Ash Reshteh ( Noodle soup )

%D8%A2%D8%B4-%D8%B1%D8%B4%D8%AA%D9%87.jpg

Mirza Ghasemi ( eggplant )

j1m4vfjcjt08198h77g9ri5cuoci5q5s758.jpg

Baghela GHatogh ( Bean soup with rice)

baghala-ghatogh-2-819x1024.jpg

Kashk Bademjan ( eggplant with curd )

IMGL01.jpg

Coco Sibzamini ( Iranian version of mashed potatoes )

Kookoo%2BSibZamini-TurmericSaffron.jpg

Falafel

maxresdefault-87-780x405.jpg

khoresh Gheymeh without meat

2d82ab5219d2fdda5f4c311f3f585c98.jpg

khoresh Ghole kalam without meat

%D8%AE%D9%88%D8%B1%D8%B4-%DA%AF%D9%84-%DA%A9%D9%84%D9%85-min-3-1280x720.jpg

Iranian Dolmeh

ac-image-or1549959827sZ.jpeg

Kissh Sfenaje

CaDm4LwUsDAZr7OvtRFgWVii28-8GG0vbWiljpDp7PMgOso44f2MXPVi4VouQDzpXiqalWvW7H9R8GthGoCxoOStz8Oat9Lz_Gx_7NeVYJrl2kNg2A4btdOJZV0RsAB0Q2peVh3iyCjh95wMxES4

khoresh Beh ( Quince fruit )

2019042030063317-850x491.jpg

Lubia Polo without meat

%D9%84%D9%88%D8%A8%DB%8C%D8%A7-%D9%BE%D9%84%D9%88-%D8%A8%D8%A7-%DB%8C%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%AF-%D8%B4%DB%8C%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%B2%DB%8C.jpg

Ashe Khiar ( Cucumber soup )

1a41e0b8f6395a5a68aa1a397d7f60860.jpg

Soup Joo ( Barley Sope )

barfirst-wm.jpg

Tahchin Goje va Bademjan ( Rice, tomatoes and eggplant )

ca5cd983d60b9f4089f76b6ef06abb8e.jpg

alot of our main dishes have meat like ''ghormeh sabzi'' but you can take out the meat from their ingredients and add vegetables like eggplant or any thing you like
holy shit, ash khiyar:lol::lol:

Coco Sabzi is a delicious Persian vegetarian dish

How-to-Make-Coco-Vegetables0.jpg

Mirza Ghasemi ( eggplant )

j1m4vfjcjt08198h77g9ri5cuoci5q5s758.jpg

Baghela GHatogh ( Bean soup with rice)

baghala-ghatogh-2-819x1024.jpg

Coco Sibzamini ( Iranian version of mashed potatoes )

Kookoo%2BSibZamini-TurmericSaffron.jpg

Iranian Dolmeh

ac-image-or1549959827sZ.jpeg

Kissh Sfenaje

CaDm4LwUsDAZr7OvtRFgWVii28-8GG0vbWiljpDp7PMgOso44f2MXPVi4VouQDzpXiqalWvW7H9R8GthGoCxoOStz8Oat9Lz_Gx_7NeVYJrl2kNg2A4btdOJZV0RsAB0Q2peVh3iyCjh95wMxES4

khoresh Beh ( Quince fruit )

2019042030063317-850x491.jpg

Ashe Khiar ( Cucumber soup )

1a41e0b8f6395a5a68aa1a397d7f60860.jpg

Soup Joo ( Barley Sope )

barfirst-wm.jpg

I dont call the one I left as vegetarian food. all Coco come with Eggs and its lots of egg
Khorosht Beh come with meat its also the same for Ash-e-Khiar and Dolmeh Paprika
Baqela-Ghatogh , Kish Esfinaj and Mirza Ghasemi also come with egg so they are not vegetarian
Barley soup needs chicken so its not vegetarian

about the rest of the food then Falafel is not our dish

alot of our main dishes have meat like ''ghormeh sabzi'' but you can take out the meat from their ingredients and add vegetables like eggplant or any thing you like
then they are not our traditional dish and its better you call them something else.

calories:-40 kcal :D:D
Wrong its the reciepe for 6 person
Cocumber 1 Kilogram
Meat 200 gram
dried Mint 2 spon
Garlic 10 pieces
Onion 3
Wheat 1 Glass
Lentil 1 glass
dried bread 2 spoon
Kashk 1 Glass
salt and pepper as prefered

hope you knew understand next time you make a feast of it how actually much calori you consume

hope you knew understand next time you make a feast of it how actually much calori you consume
actually i never tried it, i did not knew it exist. also it was shocking to knew people make a food with cucumber and it relieves hunger. is it common in Persian provinces??

Thanks.

- PRTP GWD

Pukhtoon food revolves around meat dishes,I have a North Indian friend here in Uk with whom I almost eat daily and he calls our food bland while when he cooks something it literally burns you from top to bottom.

On a side note I have travelled till Jalalabad in Afghanistan during the days when we used to cross the border near Torkham just for fun and food on both sides of the border is the same.

In Iranian culture we believe if we don't eat meat for a long time people gonna become stupid. So 90% of cuisine cook with meat. Even our polo khoresh like Gormeh Sabzi, Gheyme Etc... should cook with cube of meat.

Back
Top Bottom