What's new

Bangladeshi Vegetarian Cuisine

Is Bangladeshi vegetarian cuisine as delicious as non-veg one?

• Total voters
For starters, some items which may not be available in Pakistan, and are my favorites

Foochka w/tamarind sauce (snack)
fuchka-bangladeshi-food-600-o.jpg

Mishty Doi (Sweet Yogurt) - dessert
iu

Rasmalai - dessert
rasmalai-bangladeshi-desert-600-o.jpg

Burhani- pre meal spicy yogurt drink similar to laban but with black pepper and slight garam masala added
borhani-bangladeshi-food-600-o.jpg

Prawn (Chingri) malai curry
Chingri-malai-curry.jpg

And the most understated tBengali dish (side dish),

Potato and Egg Bhorta w/mustard oil: Mashed Dish
bhorta.jpg

We have rasmalai and roshogulla (rasgulla) but I think ours has a more Mughlai taste.

And a variation of puchkas called gol gappas.

Bengali cooks were very popular in Karachi. Many old money houses used to specifically employ Bengali cooks. My own maternal grandpa's family had a Bengali cook in the 80s (his name was Gulab) but he left before I was born.

@vishwambhar Do something. They may pay heed to your complaints. Get the mods to move all non-veg stuff to other threads. I tried but the mod merely made the photo attachments smaller instead of deleting it.

- PRTP GWD

We have rasmalai and roshogulla (rasgulla) but I think ours has a more Mughlai taste.

And a variation of puchkas called gol gappas.

Bengali cooks were very popular in Karachi. Many old money houses used to specifically employ Bengali cooks. My own maternal grandpa's family had a Bengali cook in the 80s (his name was Gulab) but he left before I was born.

Just search Youtube, there are literally thousands of recipes, Bangladeshi cuisine is vast in its scope. The new generation of women are also introducing shortcuts in YT videos such as making Mishty doi yogurt with condensed milk and evaporated milk (heavy cream).

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom