What's new

Bangladesh to launch US-trained police unit during PM Manmohan Singh's vis

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score
27 Aug, 2011, 03.45PM IST, PTI
Bangladesh to launch US-trained police unit during PM Manmohan Singh's visit

Bangladesh to launch US-trained police unit during PM Manmohan Singh's visit - The Economic Times

DHAKA: Bangladesh police is set to launch a US-trained special commando unit with its initial task of providing security to Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during his upcoming Dhaka visit next month, a media report said today.

The mass-circulation Samakal newspaper said a 26-member team of the unit to be called Crisis Response Team (CRT) would be fielded coinciding with the Indian premier's scheduled September 6-7 visit.

Police spokesman Manirul Islam confirmed the report saying CRT would work along with other law enforcement and security agencies including the Indian Special Protection Group and Bangladesh's elite Special Security Force.

"The elite CRT members received long and extensive training in the United Stats... they are also provided with sophisticated US weapons and outfits," he said.

Meanwhile, officials familiar with the security arrangements said an advanced SPG team already reached Dhaka and finalised security plans with their SSF counterparts.

They said Bangladesh army's President Guard Regiment and elite-anti-crime Rapid Action Battalion will have a key role in providing security to Singh.

27 Aug, 2011, 03.45PM IST, PTI
Bangladesh to launch US-trained police unit during PM Manmohan Singh's visit

Bangladesh to launch US-trained police unit during PM Manmohan Singh's visit - The Economic Times

DHAKA: Bangladesh police is set to launch a US-trained special commando unit with its initial task of providing security to Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during his upcoming Dhaka visit next month, a media report said today.

The mass-circulation Samakal newspaper said a 26-member team of the unit to be called Crisis Response Team (CRT) would be fielded coinciding with the Indian premier's scheduled September 6-7 visit.

Police spokesman Manirul Islam confirmed the report saying CRT would work along with other law enforcement and security agencies including the Indian Special Protection Group and Bangladesh's elite Special Security Force.

"The elite CRT members received long and extensive training in the United Stats... they are also provided with sophisticated US weapons and outfits," he said.

Meanwhile, officials familiar with the security arrangements said an advanced SPG team already reached Dhaka and finalised security plans with their SSF counterparts.

They said Bangladesh army's President Guard Regiment and elite-anti-crime Rapid Action Battalion will have a key role in providing security to Singh.

Why so much extra money is being spent on Indian premiers visit?

I kind of feel sorry for the police. I mean one look at sahara katun and even worst criminals will decide to die. These police must be having nightmare.

I kind of feel sorry for the police. I mean one look at sahara katun and even worst criminals will decide to die. These police must be having nightmare.

Have you heard of Altaf Hussain???? When I looked at the photo of sahara katun I wondered if they were both related?/?

I am quite curious about what will happen to this team after singh goes back to india?? Will they continue training, be absorbed by the police or rab or army:what:???

The present Bd government treat Indians as their masters. So it is obligatory for the slaves in Dhaka to welcome their master with greater care.

Imagine if somthing happens to another head of state in your country? how much bad name will you earn? Theyh are doing the right thing.

The present Bd government treat Indians as their masters. So it is obligatory for the slaves in Dhaka to welcome their master with greater care.

Crap!

It just co-incides with the completion of their tarining. They would have been launched even if PM of Nepal was on a visit to BD ..MMS just happen to be around....

Thats the price you have to pay if foreign dignitaries wants to visit your country. India spent millions protecting President Obama when he visited India, not because we are head over heels in love with Obama but because as a host nation its our responsibility to ensure the protection of visiting head of nations. If you are not ready for that level of commitment, you could have said to our PM not to visit BD.

The visit of Indian PM will open a new chapter in India-BD friendship. :)

Have you heard of Altaf Hussain???? When I looked at the photo of sahara katun I wondered if they were both related?/?

Yes and they look like brother and sister. What a tormenting experience for both nations. :cry:

There's nothing to complain here. We can't let him get killed in BD soil.

In case he gets killed, india can replace him with another Singh. No biggy.

Back
Top Bottom