What's new

Bangladesh to launch its own satellite

Bangladesh seeks help from ITU to launch satellite

Bangladesh sought special assistance from International Telecommunication Union (ITU) for launching its own satellite to make telecommunication system effective in remote areas and during the natural disasters.

Post and Telecommu-nications Minister Raziuddin Ahmed Razu sought the assistance when visiting ITU Secretary General Dr Hamadoun I Toure made a courtesy call on him at the former's Secretariat office in the city.

Chief of ITU Asia Pacific region Youn Jo Kim, Post and Telecommunications Secretary Sunil Kanti Bose, Additional Secretary M Rafiqul Islam and BTRC Chairman Major General (retd) Zia Ahmed, Managing Director of BTCL ASM Khabiruzzaman and Managing Director of Teletalk Mujibur Rahman were present.

The minister also sought cooperation to stop uncontrolled cyber crime and combat illegal Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) and establishing Bangabandhu Telecom University.

Describing different steps in developing the telecommunications sector undertaken by the present government to make digital Bangladesh, the minister said the BTCL has taken massive programme for setting up optical fiber and digital exchanges at union, upazila and district levels to reach modern telecommunication facilities to the doorstep of the commoners.

Expressing satisfaction over the progress of Bangladesh's telecommunication sector, the ITU secretary general expressed hope that Bangladesh would be made a model country in the South Asia in the telecommunication sector.

Bangladesh seeks help from ITU to launch satellite

We are counting .......
-------------------------------------------------------

Thu, Nov 26th, 2009 3:55 pm

Dhaka, Nov 26 (bdnews24.com)—The government has decided to launch Bangladesh's own satellite in space very soon, post and telecommunication minister Rajiuddin Ahmed said on Thursday.

Talking to reporters at his secretariat office, he said the government has already discussed the technical aspects of the venture with some foreign countries having experience in satellite technologies.

He said: "The government has initiated the move to launch its own satellite in space, which should help the country improve its communication systems. We have discussed the technical aspects of it with a number of countries, including China and Germany."

The minister said that all Upazilas and growth centres across the country would have telecommunication facilities within next three months.

In July this year, he said, the government gave free telephone connections in all the districts excepting capital Dhaka.

He said: "The number of land phone connections has increased from eight and a half lakh to over nine and a half lakh. The government has a target of giving one crore connections by 2012."

To increase the number of Internet users, the monthly charges for using broadband Internet has been reduced to Tk 800, Rajiuddin Ahmed said.

He further said that TeleTalk, the state-owned mobile phone operator, will float its shares in the stock market within next two years.

Bangladesh to launch its own satellite | Bangladesh | bdnews24.com

very nice and very positive attitude

that's great news for bangladesh

and best wishes for your country

We are counting .......

Dhaka, Nov 26 (bdnews24.com)—The government has decided to launch Bangladesh's own satellite in space very soon, post and telecommunication minister Rajiuddin Ahmed said on Thursday.

Talking to reporters at his secretariat office, he said the government has already discussed the technical aspects of the venture with some foreign countries having experience in satellite technologies.

He said: "The government has initiated the move to launch its own satellite in space, which should help the country improve its communication systems. We have discussed the technical aspects of it with a number of countries, including China and Germany."

The minister said that all Upazilas and growth centres across the country would have telecommunication facilities within next three months.

In July this year, he said, the government gave free telephone connections in all the districts excepting capital Dhaka.

He said: "The number of land phone connections has increased from eight and a half lakh to over nine and a half lakh. The government has a target of giving one crore connections by 2012."

To increase the number of Internet users, the monthly charges for using broadband Internet has been reduced to Tk 800, Rajiuddin Ahmed said.

He further said that TeleTalk, the state-owned mobile phone operator, will float its shares in the stock market within next two years.

Best of luck!!!!
ISRO will surely help if you guys need it !!!!

Good news, i hope Bangladesh achieve more in this field, and for indians plz stop creating disturbance on every thread i noe it is very hard but atleast give it a try ;)

Whoa there ! What crawled up your where the sun doesn't shine on this beautiful day!
A few of colleagues of mine that traveled to India had this to say, " When you drive on the highway , you are literally sniffing the cow's a**". Yes, same can be said of the " Banana Republic."

You my friend are only few hundread dollars more in per capita GDP. Nothing to be proud of, considering you had a 24 year headstart, and BD started from a destroyed country. Once again Einstein think, you had a 24 year headstart.
There is no reason to believe that we have started all kinds of developments only after 1971. In fact, most of the development works of Pakistan period had virtually remained stopped after 1971 for many years and only recently we have re-enterted the development phase.

India, on the other hand started its development during British period. When in 1947, the now BD had only one factory named Mohini Mills (textiles) in Kushtia, India had already thousands of factories in 1947. So, India had the headstart of about 80 years. Yet, this India is limping with all its slums and dirts and underdevelopment.

People in India can be seen using open toilets everywhere. You can see this in the early morning hours when you take a train ride from Calcutta to Bombay. But, the way the Indian posters write here, you may think India is already a white Europe. In fact, their life style has made India a big DUSTBIN of this planet.

Our per capita GDP should overtake India's after about 10 years from now. We are ready to beat India in every field.

@Fallstuff

Why are you replying to Trolls?Whose sole intention is to instigate you?

Don't fall into their trap,bro.

And leave this "we are better than them" competition.We are poor and we should not be denying that.You are only inviting trouble with that post.

And as for some "losers" from India who thinks we are "*******",well let them think.It doesn't change the reality.

As the saying goes,"Pagole ki na koy ar chagole ki na khai".....I think its appropriate here for them ;)

@Fallstuff

Why are you replying to Trolls?Whose sole intention is to instigate you?

Don't fall into their trap,bro.

And leave this "we are better than them" competition.We are poor and we should not be denying that.You are only inviting trouble with that post.

And as for some "losers" from India who thinks we are "*******",well let them think.It doesn't change the reality.

As the saying goes,"Pagole ki na koy ar chagole ki na khai".....I think its appropriate here for them ;)

I am with you on this bro....:cheers:

Remember that "ahonkar ei poton".....

Cheers!!!

Whoa there ! What crawled up your where the sun doesn't shine on this beautiful day!
A few of colleagues of mine that traveled to India had this to say, " When you drive on the highway , you are literally sniffing the cow's a**". Yes, same can be said of the " Banana Republic."

You my friend are only few hundread dollars more in per capita GDP. Nothing to be proud of, considering you had a 24 year headstart, and BD started from a destroyed country. Once again Einstein think, you had a 24 year headstart.

I saw your post earlier and now its deleted. 24 year head start or not, YOU my friend doesn't have brains or brawls to overtake us in Tech or monetary or development field at ANY time. Live with that... or not.

And regarding railways, Our 40 or so KM Delhi Metro exceeds revenue of BD railways which is operating under loss. LOL

There is no reason to believe that we have started all kinds of developments only after 1971. In fact, most of the development works of Pakistan period had virtually remained stopped after 1971 for many years and only recently we have re-enterted the development phase.

India, on the other hand started its development during British period. When in 1947, the now BD had only one factory named Mohini Mills (textiles) in Kushtia, India had already thousands of factories in 1947. So, India had the headstart of about 80 years. Yet, this India is limping with all its slums and dirts and underdevelopment.

People in India can be seen using open toilets everywhere. You can see this in the early morning hours when you take a train ride from Calcutta to Bombay. But, the way the Indian posters write here, you may think India is already a white Europe. In fact, their life style has made India a big DUSTBIN of this planet.

Our per capita GDP should overtake India's after about 10 years from now. We are ready to beat India in every field.

Do you even know we don't need whole India to compete with your Bangel Desh. Mumbai GDP alone is equal to your whole country. Yeah, in 10 years you will overtake us IF BD doesn't submerge in water.LOL

Look at the rate you hump. This is your population density 1,099.3/km2 (2,917.6/sq mi) , India is at 358.3/km2. I would love to choose my Indian dustbin anyday over your overpopulated sh!thole.

Like i said rot in your own created wonderland. Yes, India is DUSTBIN...DON'T come here in crores. Live in your Manhattan or whatever. We are slumdogs but don't live or take aid from slumdogs.

is it a comms sat?
and who would be launching this?

congrats!
not from an Indian to the Bangladeshis....but to fellow south asians for doing good to put south asia on the map again.

sir...people all over south asia live like this...we have rampant poverty...all over....we were exploited for years and now we keep fighting amongst our selves...
nobody could have thought that one day we'd be launching satellites and be looking fit to earn our place.
There are problems and there are innovators.

We are counting .......

Internet fee at Taka800per month may be the cheapest in the world.

Its again a contest of whose dustbin is better !
Stop this guys... Its a thread to celebrate the entry of BD into space age. Let us stick to the topic and stop comparing. Provocative messages were posted by few Indian members and I will request them to restrain themselves.

My dear BD members, please do not post things that are off topic / derogatory. This will derail a nice thread. Thank you.

sir...people all over south asia live like this...we have rampant poverty...all over....we were exploited for years and now we keep fighting amongst our selves...
nobody could have thought that one day we'd be launching satellites and be looking fit to earn our place.
There are problems and there are innovators.

What you always say is true. Most of the people of S. asia live in dire poverty. All of us must strive to make an upward mobility. Poverty should be a thing of the past and it should not remain a symbol for our people.

Some Indian posters inflame me by making unwanted comments about BD. That is why I write sometimes all those bad things. We all are poor, but it is very difficult to take bullying from Indians who try to portray themselves and their country very much above us. Thing is, we all know about each other, isn't it? However, a kind of rivalry may also be needed to upgrade the quality of life in our countries.

Back
Top Bottom