What's new

Bangladesh to launch its own satellite

What you always say is true. Most of the people of S. asia live in dire poverty. All of us must strive to make an upward mobility. Poverty should be a thing of the past and it should not remain a symbol for our people.

Some Indian posters inflame me by making unwanted comments about BD. That is why I write sometimes all those bad things. We all are poor, but it is very difficult to take bullying from Indians who try to portray themselves and their country very much above us. Thing is, we all know about each other, isn't it? However, a kind of rivalry may also be needed to upgrade the quality of life in our countries.

Yes and no ...
Healthy competition is good but rivalry is not required ! And if you follow the tit for tat, every BD thread will be derailed as thr are more Indians responding to your flares that those who start. Please restrain and stop encouraging those who write BS.

The above post of yours encourages a flaring post and will result in a downward spiral.

Some Indian posters inflame me by making unwanted comments about BD. That is why I write sometimes all those bad things. We all are poor, but it is very difficult to take bullying from Indians who try to portray themselves and their country very much above us. Thing is, we all know about each other, isn't it? However, a kind of rivalry may also be needed to upgrade the quality of life in our countries.

Don't blame me, i am not the one who started this diatribe.

Why these indians are with begging bowls? This has nothing to do with ISRO or india. And Bangladesh will (if pressure tactics not used) will take its own deceision.

Some Indians as an act of gesture and goodwill offered to launch satellite for free and you revert with spitting on our face. Furthermore, your media claims India received help from china in space program which is laughingly stupid.

Everyone here is patriotic, don't show your arrogance to us or take our token of friendship as weakness otherwise as you said we all know where we stand.

It's all blind hatred mate.How much do you expect the Indians to know about things in BD?
many have false pre-conceived notions...and many get influenced by other memebers.
My dad had his office in Karwan bazaar in Dhaka...when he was with Gillette, BD...I have seen Dhaka and there is nothing that Delhi has that Dhaka doesn't....all the good things and the bad ones...
yet in the comfort of a cyber-forum...members tend to stray from reality...kids portray themselves as wise men of ages...
same goes for some of the BD members who are unrelentless in their hatred of India...which is the beloved motherland of many on this forum...tempers flare...
:cheers:

^We know Delhi is a nice city. And Dhaka is really a dirty city to me. But it dose not mean that India dose not have any dirty city. They have too. But Some Indians do not admit it.

were is going on here satlite discuss????????????? or thread daed by trolling.

Whoa there ! What crawled up your where the sun doesn't shine on this beautiful day!
A few of colleagues of mine that traveled to India had this to say, " When you drive on the highway , you are literally sniffing the cow's a**". Yes, same can be said of the " Banana Republic."

You my friend are only few hundread dollars more in per capita GDP. Nothing to be proud of, considering you had a 24 year headstart, and BD started from a destroyed country. Once again Einstein think, you had a 24 year headstart.

sir...people all over south asia live like this...we have rampant poverty...all over....we were exploited for years and now we keep fighting amongst our selves...
nobody could have thought that one day we'd be launching satellites and be looking fit to earn our place.
There are problems and there are innovators.

Thank you for your considerate post. I welcome all constructive criticism.

We all have a legacy of colonial subjugation. All people ever got to be was a bean counter ( Kerani). All the high positions were held by Brits. The prevailing thoughts were Brits are smarter and we are not capable to hold a thought. Its not easy for the general population to come out of that mindset.

People in the subcontinent were cold to foreign investment from the experience of East India Company. The belief was if you dealt with these guys, somehow you would end up with the short end. The business people were not looked upon kindly and treated as profiteers, smugglers, and hoarders. Remember the movie themes of the 70's, a young honest police inspector VS a nefarious smuggler. These movies reflect in a way what people want to see in a movie.

Cold war was in full swing. The 60's and 70's also saw dictators popping up all over the world either on the left, or on the right. Indians will remember their bout with Pepsi. A Govt. was trying to force Pepsi to release its trade secret. I think the politics also reflect that times were very volatile.

I will give a little exception to Pakistan, cause it did open up to a certain extent and benefit-ted from economic growth.

But if you look at the last ten years history of Asia, thinks look very different. The growth of China and India is beyond impressive. We should give credit where credit is due.

I am not sure if the Indian folks are aware of it. Outsourcing sort of started in the mid 80's with Texas Instruments. When the yr 2000 issues came up, Indians proved they are capable not only on outsourcing, but also in industrial output. They built on that and never looked back

I remember the political debate In the U.S about investing in China in earlier last decade. The concern was that the Communist Chinese may not let you own your property. And then the fear that Chinese may nationalize properties. Chinese worked all those out. China deals with corruption the harshest possible way. Chinese economy is not a matter of luck or a slide of hand.

BD had its share of issues. Even to this day in terms planning and implementation BD is behind India. The constant bickering of these two parties has not helped the cause. Both party does politics of idolization. Stamping Mujib or Zia on every available structure will not miraculously change the state of the nation.

Look at Hong Kong and Singapore. They have 0 ( zero) natural resources. Where are they now ? You gotta remember we all started around the same time after Europeans left.

Its good to see Asia is rising again. Up until 1800 Asia was about 65% of the world gdp. And its been like that for thousands of years.
This forum reflects what the educated class thinks. Or at least the ones that reads and writes English. Bickering and condescending tone does not help a common cause.

^ Perhaps.

But Japan gives the best VALUE internet.

Highest speed for every dollar etc.

cheapest internet might be in india i guess..

Rs. 250 unlimited :cheers:

by the way congrats to bangladeshis.

^We know Delhi is a nice city. And Dhaka is really a dirty city to me. But it dose not mean that India dose not have any dirty city. They have too. But Some Indians do not admit it.

Delhi is ok...the dirtiest metro in India which I have seen has to be hands down Kolkata,with Chennai coming behind it. I have never seen Mumbai so not sure how dirty it is...the Mumbai airport(at least few years back) was a pig sty though.

He said: "The number of land phone connections has increased from eight and a half lakh to over nine and a half lakh. The government has a target of giving one crore connections by 2012."

i don't think so they can increase phone connection 9.5 lacs to 1 crore within 2 year,that's impossible target for bangladesh. but i hope they will make it possible.

cheapest internet might be in india i guess..

Rs. 250 unlimited :cheers:

by the way congrats to bangladeshis.

with how much speeD?

in pak 1mb unlimited download(839rs)
2mb unlimited download(1400rs)

PTCL EVO 3G 3.1mb unlimited for 2000rs per month,

i am mentioning PTCL internet prices because available in almost pakistan.i mean +90% pakistan if i am nt wrong ther are still more cheapest internet provider then this

Back
Top Bottom