What's new

Bangladesh refuses to tour Pakistan

Hatred! Where did you get this impression from? You don't want to visit, fine, but what's the point accepting and rejecting invitation again and over again?

I would put in another way...It is a just an sheer form of hypocracy that BD cricket board at its best...I think BD cricket board is trying to convey to the Pakistan Board that the BCB is intrested for joining the Pakistan for its cricket tour...but it is the so called Indian agent GOV of BD who is not allowing them to proceed for the tour..So BCB is just flirting around with pakistan by playing the India victim card in one hand and trying to bring Pakistan players to T20 tournament on the other hand...

And the interesting part of the entire episode is that why donot Pakistan cricket board trying to fool itself again and again?...

It is not just cricket. The Prime Minister of Bangladesh also refuses to come in the D8 conference this year which says a lot of things. If they are going along with this kind of attitude than it is their choice.

All Pakistan's efforts of bridging the gaps between the two countries is useless.

and the funny thing geo new reporter said about this "brother country Bangladesh refused to visit Pakistan" and I was :rofl:ing
who trains our people to say these stupid labels, I agree we must change our education system. the most hated word in my vocabulary is now "Brother Islamic country"

The reaction here this time is much more sensible than the previous time when some trolls went crazy and called for the Bangladesh sub-forum to be closed, the Bangladeshi embassy to be shut down and all 2-3 million Bengalis in Karachi to be kicked out.

A bit of an exaggeration.

I am a proud Bangladeshi nationalist.

However our cricket team is a weak one and the likes of Australia, England, South Africa and others would not bat a single eye lid if Bangladesh did not want to visit them.

So there is nothing to really care about.

1. Bangladesh coming won't convince major cricketing nations to play cricket in Pakistan.

2. Bangladesh not coming does not affect Pakistan as it would be a one-sided affair with Pakistan winning.

Anyway despite this the PCB chief seems to be very angry.

Zaka Ashraf reacts sternly to Bangladesh delaying tour

Umar Farooq

December 31, 2012

Comments: 121 | Login via | Text size: A | A

Zaka Ashraf, the PCB chairman, has expressed annoyance at the Bangladesh Cricket Board's (BCB) decision to put their proposed tour of Pakistan on hold a second time. He reacted aggressively, saying that Pakistan will 'reconsider' its bilateral ties with Bangladesh after the BCB, once again, backed down from going ahead with the tour. Pakistan, he said, will not sacrifice their interests for those who do not honour their words.

The PCB, Ashraf said, had not force Bangladesh to tour. "If they don't want to come its their own decision and we didn't force them," Zaka told ESPNcricinfo. Bangladesh, he said, had confirmed the tour to the PCB and the ICC, "three times and still they backed off. Now their own reputation is at stake. If they don't want to respect their bilateral relationship then we will also respond in a same manner."

The most immediate consequences of this breakdown of relations between the two boards over the controversial tour, will be felt at the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) which will begin on January 18. The BPL is clashing with the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy, Pakistan's leading first-class event. ESPNcricinfo understands that the PCB is unlikely to release most of the top cricketers for the BPL.

"We will take a principled stance on BPL," Ashraf said, "but one thing is sure our players might not be free as we are making our own arrangements from next year." He said that PCB-related commitments may occupy most of the players' time and that, "they may not be bothered for other things."

The PCB has begun its preparations for an impending tour after getting a positive response from the BCB. Tenders had gone out, inviting sponsorship bids for a series title sponsor, two co-sponsors and in-stadia advertising rights for two international matches (one ODI and one T20). The PCB has also moved the domestic first-class Quaid-e-Azam matches, scheduled between January 7 and 22 away from the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore to accommodate the proposed matches against Bangladesh.

Ashraf said, it was "almost confirmed" that Bangladesh would tour Pakistan, but found it "strange" that they had pulled out from their commitment. The PCB's efforts to revive international cricket in Pakistan, according to Ashraf, was on track. "Soon we will manage to get a better team to tour Pakistan than Bangladesh."

Pakistan Cricket News: Zaka Ashraf reacts sternly to Bangladesh delaying tour | ESPN Cricinfo

1. It seems to me the PCB is not going to stop Pakistani players from playing in Bangladesh as Ashraf said:

"but one thing is sure our players might not be free"

when he could have said "this means that no Pakistani players will be allowed to play in the BCL"

"PCB-related commitments may occupy most of the players"

WTF does that mean?....Nothing....he is not clearly stating that Pakistani players won't go to Bangladesh.

2. This is a storm in a tea cup consisting of two cricket boards run by inept clowns.

a: Bangladesh is a weak side who Pakistan do not benefit playing and whose presence in Pakistan would not bring international cricket back to Pakistan. If the Bangladesh cricket team were to be attacked then that would be a disaster for Pakistani cricket as nobody would want to play there.

b: The PCB will still send Pakistani players to earn their bread (or become rupee millionaires/billionaires) in Bangladesh.

Nothing has changed. We are back to square one, with some drama baazi.

"Well done" Bangladeshi and Pakistani cricket boards!

:lol:

The reaction here this time is much more sensible than the previous time when some trolls went crazy and called for the Bangladesh sub-forum to be closed, the Bangladeshi embassy to be shut down and all 2-3 million Bengalis in Karachi to be kicked out.

I talked about 2 million illegal Bangladeshi immigrants in Karachi ! :hitwall:

The legal immigrants & the Pakistani Bengalis can't & shouldn't be touched !

PCB management is idiot. Instead of negotiating with BD they must negotiate with mainland.

:rofl::rofl:

Why the hate? They think their team won't be safe in Pakistan, so be it. Their team, their right to decide. You guys get butt hurt over lamest of reasons.

well actually BCB shouldnt have used PCB to get their man to the vice chairman ICC post if they desired not to visit, its like BCB used pakistan and then refused to complete the deal on their part

Guys this is a non-story.

Nothing has changed.

Pakistan won't play Bangladesh's second rate cricket team whose participation wouldn't have made anyone else visit Pakistan anyway.

Bangladesh will still have Pakistani players in the BCL (at least the minor ones, Zaka has said major ones won't go).

Pakistani and Bangladeshi cricket officials will still be enjoying their nice salaries, air conditioned fancy offices with plush furniture, relaxing with some nice biryani and top it off with some naswar or paan (depending on nationality) after their meal.

Chaudhry-Zaka-Ashraf.jpg

PCB president in a nice room with a fancy green chair.

Maybe even surfing the net and reading Naswar corner...lolz

A bit of an exaggeration.

I am a proud Bangladeshi nationalist.

However our cricket team is a weak one and the likes of Australia, England, South Africa and others would not bat a single eye lid if Bangladesh did not want to visit them.

So there is nothing to really care about.

1. Bangladesh coming won't convince major cricketing nations to play cricket in Pakistan.

2. Bangladesh not coming does not affect Pakistan as it would be a one-sided affair with Pakistan winning.

Anyway despite this the PCB chief seems to be very angry.

1. It seems to me the PCB is not going to stop Pakistani players from playing in Bangladesh as Ashraf said:

"but one thing is sure our players might not be free"

when he could have said "this means that no Pakistani players will be allowed to play in the BCL"

"PCB-related commitments may occupy most of the players"

WTF does that mean?....Nothing....he is not clearly stating that Pakistani players won't go to Bangladesh.

2. This is a storm in a tea cup consisting of two cricket boards run by inept clowns.

a: Bangladesh is a weak side who Pakistan do not benefit playing and whose presence in Pakistan would not bring international cricket back to Pakistan. If the Bangladesh cricket team were to be attacked then that would be a disaster for Pakistani cricket as nobody would want to play there.

b: The PCB will still send Pakistani players to earn their bread (or become rupee millionaires/billionaires) in Bangladesh.

Nothing has changed. We are back to square one, with some drama baazi.

"Well done" Bangladeshi and Pakistani cricket boards!

:lol:

they are more richer than you can think off so bangladeshi few dollars will not matter much if the board refrains them ......last time i heard many players have sued bangladeshi league for not paying their match fees on time.....our time is not that bad that anyone of us need bangladesh to earn our bread .....so stop this attitude of yours ......bangladesh board is acting like sissy ....first accept then reject and repeating on ......Time doesnot remain the same let the time of our glory come back then we will see what your board is upto ...

If Pakistan can provide adequate security measures then ICC should lift the ban

BCB hopeful of no Pakistan boycott

Dhaka, Jan 1 (bdnews24.com) – Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) President Nazmul Hassan is hopeful Pakistani players will participate in the second season of Bangladesh Premier League (BPL), starting on Jan 17.

"I've heard the statement from PCB (Pakistan Cricket Board) President. Most of the contracted players from Pakistan will come, I believe," he said at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium on Tuesday.

"PCB President (Zaka Ashraf) has not confirmed anything yet about their players not coming. PCB are on the verge of launching a tournament soon and that may cause the absence of the players," Hassan added.

The BCB chief however felt there were some grounds for the PCB to be aggrieved. "I am not accusing them. We might have done the same if we were in their situation."

Hassan reassured, "We are committed to tour to Pakistan. But the present situation is not favourable. We will obviously have a rethink once circumstances change."

He also said, "Many Pakistani cricketers made their appearance in tournaments like the Dhaka Premier League and BPL. So, the relationship is good between both boards."

"We sent them a letter four days ago but they have not replied yet."

According to Hassan, if the PCB refuses to release their players for the BPL, it will be difficult to find alternatives at such short notice.

On the other hand, BPL Governing Council Chairman Afzalur Rahman Sinha said that franchises could choose from the unsold players.

BCB hopeful of no Pakistan boycott | Cricket | cricket.bdnews24.com

BCB hopeful of no Pakistan boycott

Dhaka, Jan 1 (bdnews24.com) – Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) President Nazmul Hassan is hopeful Pakistani players will participate in the second season of Bangladesh Premier League (BPL), starting on Jan 17.

"I've heard the statement from PCB (Pakistan Cricket Board) President. Most of the contracted players from Pakistan will come, I believe," he said at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium on Tuesday.

"PCB President (Zaka Ashraf) has not confirmed anything yet about their players not coming. PCB are on the verge of launching a tournament soon and that may cause the absence of the players," Hassan added.

The BCB chief however felt there were some grounds for the PCB to be aggrieved. "I am not accusing them. We might have done the same if we were in their situation."

Hassan reassured, "We are committed to tour to Pakistan. But the present situation is not favourable. We will obviously have a rethink once circumstances change."

He also said, "Many Pakistani cricketers made their appearance in tournaments like the Dhaka Premier League and BPL. So, the relationship is good between both boards."

"We sent them a letter four days ago but they have not replied yet."

According to Hassan, if the PCB refuses to release their players for the BPL, it will be difficult to find alternatives at such short notice.

On the other hand, BPL Governing Council Chairman Afzalur Rahman Sinha said that franchises could choose from the unsold players.

BCB hopeful of no Pakistan boycott | Cricket | cricket.bdnews24.com

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bomb blast in Pakistan's Karachi city kills three; 50 injured
Bomb blast in Pakistan's Karachi city kills three; 50 injured - The Economic Times

think this happen in BD now tell me PCB will allow any pakistani players to play in BD?....i think no they will not allow, if any pakistani players agree to go BD, their family will not allow them, now please understand our situation
agreed that our cities are going through rough times but why would you approve it in the first place? this isn't the first your team did this, thats all i want to know.

BPL is dead without pak players n thats the major concern for BCB

BPL is dead without pak players n thats the major concern for BCB

Lakinn iss subb kuch keh kasooorwar tumm hii hoo ! :angry:

Mein ne tujhee kahaa keh Mohalaa mein match haii khellaa gaiii ?

Tu nei kahaa haaan mein aaarahaa hunnn ?

Aglaii din tou neii phone pe kahaa kehh constipation ho gaiii haiii nahin aaa saktaaa !

Mein ne kahaa chalooo kushish tou karnaa !

Tu neii phir uss sei agleii din phone par kahaa abbb aa rahaa hunnn Sonia Mossii neii churan bheej diyaa thaa !

Mein kahaa chal theek haiii !

Abbb jubb match mein eik din reh giyaa thaa tou phir touu phone kar ke mujhee keh rahaa haii keh nahin aa rahaaa dhobiii ko lungii diii thii aur woh kambakht nei kiss kapreiii keh saaath dhoiii haii ke pink color kii ho gaii hai aur tereii pass koi aur lungi bhi nahin hai isss liyee tou nahin aa rahaa !

Isss koo mein apnii munnn par chappair na samjhooon tou kiyaa samjhooon ? :angry:

Back
Top Bottom