What's new

Bangladesh PM congratulates Mamata

Illegal migration is a hoax?

Ask Pakistan how many cross over from India and go into Pakistan.

Here it is to help you on your way:

Illegal Migration, Human Smuggling and Trafficking: From Bangladesh to Pakistan and Beyond

http://www.befare.org/2nd Policy Review.pdf

It is not a Pakistani hoax of a report. The following in BD also helped:

Likewise, I am thankful to a number of NGOs of Bangladesh. I was able to visit
some of them in Dhaka and found them very cooperative and helpful. Among these, the Bangladesh National Woman Lawyers’ Association (BNWLA), Refugee and Migratory Movements Research Unit (RMMRU), and the Centre for Women and Children Studies deserve special mention. While it is not possible to mention all those whom I met during my field trip to Bangladesh in March 2010, and who could find time to hold discussion with me on related issues, I gratefully mention Prof. M.A. Aziz, Prof. Delwar Hossain, Prof. C.R. Abrar, Prof. Ramjul Haq and Prof. Amina Mohsin from Dhaka University, Prof. Nurul Momin from Dhaka International University, and Dr. Abdur Rob Khan from North South University for their thought-provoking ideas and precious suggestions. In addition, I thank the two young students of Dhaka University-Mr. Mahibur Rahman and Mr. Altaf Hossain- who took me to the government and NGO offices and helped me in collecting material from different sources. My special thanks are for Ms. Rubab Fatima, Regional Representative for South Asia, International Organization for Migration (IOM),
Dhaka. She readily agreed for a meeting with me, though she was very busy on that particular day( 21 March 2010), discussed several important issues in the regional context and generously handed over a number of important IOM studies and reports. I would also like to thank Ms. Nishat A Chowdhury, National Program Officer, IOM, Dhaka and Professor Ishrat Shamim, Preseident, Centre for Women and Children Studies for lively discussion with them and for their help, assistance and cooperation.

Pakistan and India is a transit route to Europe and Middle East. Like many Indian and Pakistani, a lot of Bangladeshi take risk to get a better life in ME or Europe. Some do get stuck while travelling. The whole thing regarding going to India for better life is hoax.

I stick to my point. If India was so lucrative then why Indians and Pakistanis are coming with Job Visa in millions in Bangladesh?

dude there are bangladeshi muslims living on streets of mumbai...but lets not get into it as migration thing is very very messed up..

They are undocumented Indian Muslims. Ohh by the way you, none of you have document either.. LOL

Pakistan and India is a transit route to Europe and Middle East. Like many Indian and Pakistani, a lot of Bangladeshi take risk to get a better life in ME or Europe. Some do get stuck while travelling. The whole thing regarding going to India for better life is hoax.

I stick to my point. If India was so lucrative then why Indians and Pakistanis are coming with Job Visa in millions in Bangladesh?

This is what Wikipedia says with source of their contention.

Illegal immigrants

There are thousands of Bengali women working as maids and prostitutes in Pakistan's commercial city Karachi, and most of them are illegal immigrants.[2] In January 2010, Pakistani government asked illegal immigrants living in Karachi either to leave within two weeks or get registered otherwise face a major crackdown. [3]

[2] Aamir Latif (June 24, 2007). "Immigrant Dream Shattered in Karachi". Islam Online. Retrieved 9 January 2010.

[3]. Fang Yang (January 8, 2010). "Illegal immigrants get two weeks to leave Karachi: minister". Xinhua News Agency. Retrieved 8 January 2010

As to why people in millions from Pakistan and India are coming with Job Visas?

Could it be that there is a lack of qualified persons in Bangladesh to hold important posts?

And millions?

Would that not be an exaggeration?

Are you serious that you have people not qualified at all?

Millions from abroad being accepted in Bangladesh for jobs, and that too only from India and Pakistan, does suggest that.

Imagine what the figures would be if other foreigners are also included?

Or are the Indians and Pakistanis the only nationalities that are acceptable in Bangladesh?

This is what Wikipedia says with source of their contention.

Illegal immigrants

There are thousands of Bengali women working as maids and prostitutes in Pakistan's commercial city Karachi, and most of them are illegal immigrants.[2] In January 2010, Pakistani government asked illegal immigrants living in Karachi either to leave within two weeks or get registered otherwise face a major crackdown. [3]

[2] Aamir Latif (June 24, 2007). "Immigrant Dream Shattered in Karachi". Islam Online. Retrieved 9 January 2010.

[3]. Fang Yang (January 8, 2010). "Illegal immigrants get two weeks to leave Karachi: minister". Xinhua News Agency. Retrieved 8 January 2010

As to why people in millions from Pakistan and India are coming with Job Visas?

Could it be that there is a lack of qualified persons in Bangladesh to hold important posts?

And millions?

Would that not be an exaggeration?

Are you serious that you have people not qualified at all?

Millions from abroad being accepted in Bangladesh for jobs, and that too only from India and Pakistan, does suggest that.

Imagine what the figures would be if other foreigners are also included?

Or are the Indians and Pakistanis the only nationalities that are acceptable in Bangladesh?

These people migrated when Pakistan was united even beofe that when It was under India. Those are poor fisherman living in Shantis called Bengali colony. Even though called Bengali colony but a good number of them are from Bihar/UP of India as well. They are Pakistani citizen and Pakistan never approached us regarding to this problem rather we provided all the stranded Pakistanis with citizenship in this country.

No your own link suggest that its 1.1 million Indians working in Bangladesh. When a economy booms then there are opportunities gets created. Our economy is based on manufacturing which requires lots of workers skilled and unskilled. So Indians like many others finds BD as good destination to work. I dont mind.

It is interesting that the report talks much about human trafficking and smuggling. It pretty much dominates the report.
http://www.befare.org/2nd Policy Review.pdf

"It may be noted here that the Bangladesh borders are guarded by the border guards from the Bangladesh Rifles (BDR), but the guards are reportedly “sparse, poorly equipped and under- resourced”. Again, the BDR and police in the border areas are reportedly involved in facilitating illegal migration
through a well organized, underground bribe system and the agents who traffic women and children generally use the routes which are used for illegal transportation and smuggling of goods, and the enclaves and camps of stranded individuals are used as collection points by the traffickers and their brokers (Kabir, 2004:79-80)."
Source: Page 38 under section 4.2: Bangladesh's state of denial.

*sigh*

Back
Top Bottom