What's new

Bangladesh PM congratulates Mamata

trust me.. it was not fun to watch a once prosperous state of India to go down in the list.While the other states like Punjab or Andhra prospered,some idiots in Bengal were busy finding out Bourgeoisie ,creating havocs in the form of strikes every now and then,and finally closing down industries...

Cmon....34 years of rule!! and they could not create a proper industrial zone,let alone properly maintain the already existing ones!! There is not even a metropolitan in West Bengal apart from Kolkata.

There are only 2 civilian airports in West Bengal,one in Kolkata,Dumdum and the other one in Bagdogra,Siliguri,and the later one remains closed for long time periods in an year due to landslides.

Industrial areas worth mentioning are Kalyani,Durgapur Steel city,Asansole etc,and ALL of them were created by Bidhan Chandra Roy,before the Communists came to power....

What did these communists do,apart from closing down the gates of a factory and putting a 'laal-jhanda' in front of it??
Well,I know one thing for sure,in which they were good at.They made sure that their vote banks stay alright,by providing benefits.Its like,you are aligned to the party,so you get benefited some way or other.
I am glad that the situation has changed,and I am hoping to see a lot of great things in near future...

Dude there are only 5 metros in India, isn't expecting too much to have two of them in a state! :P Agreed with rest of the post, CPM banked on the policy of anarchy to stay in power for 3 decades.

I am not too confident about Mamata either, the way she chased Tata out of the state and the way she mingled with the Maoist. Hope she will be more responsible once in the office.

Mamta reminds me of Jyoti Basu of 70s, hope I'll be proved wrong! :(

Dude there are only 5 metros in India, isn't expecting too much to have two of them in a state! :P Agreed with rest of the post, CPM banked on the policy of anarchy to stay in power for 3 decades.

Okay,metro will be a kind of overstatement,but I guess city will be not.You agree??

Okay,metro will be a kind of overstatement,but I guess city will be not.You agree??

Yeah I do, they wasted Durgapur, Bardhaman, Siliguri as another major city in the state.

Ya right when 10% (of total population) of West Bengali Muslims are Urdu speaking out of 25% which tells all the stories right??? You guys chased out of all those Urdu speaking guys who found refuge in West Bengal. Bangladeshi Muslims has no interest about India. Have you ever seen any Bangladeshi ever applied for Jobs in any Indian company? That should tell you the psyche of the people here.
You illegal migration theory is nothing but hoax.

dude there are bangladeshi muslims living on streets of mumbai...but lets not get into it as migration thing is very very messed up..

Ya right when 10% (of total population) of West Bengali Muslims are Urdu speaking out of 25% which tells all the stories right??? You guys chased out of all those Urdu speaking guys who found refuge in West Bengal. Bangladeshi Muslims has no interest about India. Have you ever seen any Bangladeshi ever applied for Jobs in any Indian company? That should tell you the psyche of the people here.
You illegal migration theory is nothing but hoax.

Illegal migration is a hoax?

Ask Pakistan how many cross over from India and go into Pakistan.

Here it is to help you on your way:

Illegal Migration, Human Smuggling and Trafficking: From Bangladesh to Pakistan and Beyond

http://www.befare.org/2nd Policy Review.pdf

It is not a Pakistani hoax of a report. The following in BD also helped:

Likewise, I am thankful to a number of NGOs of Bangladesh. I was able to visit
some of them in Dhaka and found them very cooperative and helpful. Among these, the Bangladesh National Woman Lawyers’ Association (BNWLA), Refugee and Migratory Movements Research Unit (RMMRU), and the Centre for Women and Children Studies deserve special mention. While it is not possible to mention all those whom I met during my field trip to Bangladesh in March 2010, and who could find time to hold discussion with me on related issues, I gratefully mention Prof. M.A. Aziz, Prof. Delwar Hossain, Prof. C.R. Abrar, Prof. Ramjul Haq and Prof. Amina Mohsin from Dhaka University, Prof. Nurul Momin from Dhaka International University, and Dr. Abdur Rob Khan from North South University for their thought-provoking ideas and precious suggestions. In addition, I thank the two young students of Dhaka University-Mr. Mahibur Rahman and Mr. Altaf Hossain- who took me to the government and NGO offices and helped me in collecting material from different sources. My special thanks are for Ms. Rubab Fatima, Regional Representative for South Asia, International Organization for Migration (IOM),
Dhaka. She readily agreed for a meeting with me, though she was very busy on that particular day( 21 March 2010), discussed several important issues in the regional context and generously handed over a number of important IOM studies and reports. I would also like to thank Ms. Nishat A Chowdhury, National Program Officer, IOM, Dhaka and Professor Ishrat Shamim, Preseident, Centre for Women and Children Studies for lively discussion with them and for their help, assistance and cooperation.

Mamta reminds me of Jyoti Basu of 70s, hope I'll be proved wrong! :(

@ Abir,
Can't say too much about that, myself. One a dinosaur, the other a perpetual neurotic. IMHO, in this election; people of West Bengal had a choice between "the devil and the deep sea" and have chosen the "deep sea": so they'll have to do some hard swimming.............
Of course Mamatadi's shortcomings aside, she seems to have put together quite a "motley crew" (including some talented people). Now I'm curious to see how they deliver! :)

Bengal wanted a change and of that there is no doubt.

However, with this lady replica of Don Quixote, all are holding their breath!!

Back
Top Bottom