What's new

Bangladesh Navy

That is what you call skill.

Now look at Bangladesh Navy Band Players.

Itor methor, sweeper, peons have been handed horns and saxophones and asked to play.

No training, no ability to read music, nothing. Probably not even passed matriculation.

Navy Band ho gaya.

Now what foreign Navy will have any respect about our Navy? They're just polite and don't say anything about our pi$$ poor showing...

I doubt these Navy Band Guys even practice foreign anthems on a regular basis, or know how to play the Royal Navy Anthem (Rule Britannia) and "God Save the Queen". Idiots.

Did the Navy open a langarkhana, so any idiot could come and get Navy jobs and eat? Where are the standards?
These are all regular servicemen, not "peons' etc. I think this was an isolated case of poor showing. The military bands generally do orchestra reasonably well.

Skip to the orchestra parts:

Last edited:
These are all regular servicemen, not "peons' etc. I think this was an isolated case of poor showing. The military bands generally do orchestra well.

The videos you included (Thanks) are good but because only bigger bands are used and the mediocrity therefore does not show as much.

Bhai my point was - whatever one's origin in life (could be low financial/social status) a Navy serviceman (or woman) needs to be groomed with the requisite training and resources (tools) to rise to the best of their ability. We have bad managers, not bad conscripts.

Somewhere the training/grooming process failed and the result is an extremely poor showing. We may pay them less at our navy's pay scale, but why will their talents be any less than what a US Navy conscript has?

Is IQ low?

If it is, then we can surely pick from better IQ candidates. Our population is (for Allah's sake) bigger than Russia and one third that of the US.

We simply have no excuse.

Our GDP per capita is better than that of India, most standards should be better than theirs too....

Participating in their republic day parade, it became apparent how bad our band standards are compared to theirs.

This "No-one-gives-a-shit" ism (lack of accountability) pervades everything in our National sphere and our national discourse.

No wonder the British bundled "Dogs and Indians" in the same class and did not want to allow them in their clubs. They knew what we are collectively made of.

Band-wise we need to try a lot harder....

Last edited:
Any prospect of BN getting used Type 23 from RN?

They seem to be taking them out of service.

Chile looks like its getting 3.

Interesting question.

The Type 23 that is visiting CTG had like three or so major overhauls and BMRE done. One was for the British engines (Paxman Valenta).

I honestly would not know how reliable these things are...

Last edited:
That is what you call skill.

Now look at Bangladesh Navy Band Players.

Itor methor, sweeper, peons have been handed horns and saxophones and asked to play.

No training, no ability to read music, nothing. Probably not even passed matriculation.

Navy Band ho gaya.

Now what foreign Navy will have any respect about our Navy? They're just polite and don't say anything about our pi$$ poor showing...

I doubt these Navy Band Guys even practice foreign anthems on a regular basis, or know how to play the Royal Navy Anthem (Rule Britannia) and "God Save the Queen". Idiots.

Did the Navy open a langarkhana, so any idiot could come and get Navy jobs and eat? Where are the standards?
Our armed forces orchestra isn’t that good. They’re regular drill beats guys so they’re only good with that.

Guys I was looking at Turkey's latest addition Tuzla Class Patrol boats and they seem to be ideal next steps beyond what our Padma class offers as far as modern, nimble handling and more of a practical design. I think we can strike a deal with the Turkish yards that built these beauties. We already use Turkish remote controlled 30 mm guns in our Padma class, so we already have naval defence contacts/connections in Turkey.

Tuzla Class is a bit bigger and heavier (400 tons, Padma class is 350 tons). But the design is far more modern and we could get ToT from Turkey rather easily I'm sure. I don't know if there are new Chinese designs for patrol boats of this size/displacement. The Tuzla class looks very similar to Austal's Patrol 40/60 designs. Or maybe similar stuff from Damen, Fassmer and Lurssen...

Tuzla-S%C4%B1n%C4%B1f%C4%B1-Kararkol-Botu-YTKB.jpg

This is what Mk.II of Padma Class has as far as armaments (for Bangladesh Navy and not Coast Guard):

And in Tuzla class armaments are:
  • 40 mm Oto Melara Twin compact gun,
  • 2 × Aselsan 12.7 mm Stabilized Machine Gun with IR imaging and remote control capability (STAMP),
  • Roketsan ASW rocket launcher,
  • 2x4 Depth charges

Of course armaments are customizable, but don't expect to mount C-802's on this thing. :-)

Last edited:
The videos you included (Thanks) are good but because only bigger bands are used and the mediocrity therefore does not show as much.

Bhai my point was - whatever one's origin in life (could be low financial/social status) a Navy serviceman (or woman) needs to be groomed with the requisite training and resources (tools) to rise to the best of their ability. We have bad managers, not bad conscripts.

Somewhere the training/grooming process failed and the result is an extremely poor showing. We may pay them less at our navy's pay scale, but why will their talents be any less than what a US Navy conscript has?

Is IQ low?

If it is, then we can surely pick from better IQ candidates. Our population is (for Allah's sake) bigger than Russia and one third that of the US.

We simply have no excuse.

Our GDP per capita is better than that of India, most standards should be better than theirs too....

Participating in their republic day parade, it became apparent how bad our band standards are compared to theirs.

This "No-one-gives-a-shit" ism (lack of accountability) pervades everything in our National sphere and our national discourse.

No wonder the British bundled "Dogs and Indians" in the same class and did not want to allow them in their clubs. They knew what we are collectively made of.

Band-wise we need to try a lot harder....
Thank god the Mexicans had their own music to March with. Otherwise it would have been an embarrassment
Any prospect of BN getting used Type 23 from RN?

They seem to be taking them out of service.

Chile looks like its getting 3.

Quite old for main fleet. If we didn’t have the cutters, these would be a good fit

Back
Top Bottom