What's new

Bangladesh Navy

Khulna Shipyard is building a forward shipyard at Mongla. It owns a 43-acre piece of land in Mongla, which was purchased in 2011.

It also owns a 162-acre piece of land in Barguna that will be used to expand the shipyard so in effect Khulna Shipyard will be the largest combined shipyard in Bangladesh having three sites.

Source- BD Military

Khulna Shipyard is building a forward shipyard at Mongla. It owns a 43-acre piece of land in Mongla, which was purchased in 2011.

It also owns a 162-acre piece of land in Barguna that will be used to expand the shipyard so in effect Khulna Shipyard will be the largest combined shipyard in Bangladesh having three sites.

Source- BD Military

মংলা ফরওয়ার্ড ইয়ার্ড এ জমি অধিগ্রহণ এবং ল্যান্ড ডেভেলপমেন্ট সম্ভবত শেষের দিকে।

দুনিয়ার সব বড় ইয়ার্ড এবং শিপইয়ার্ড কনসালটেন্টের সাথে কথা চলছে। টেন্ডার আহ্বান করা হয়েছে সেটা অনেকদিন হয়ে গেল।

মংলা ফরওয়ার্ড ইয়ার্ড এ জমি অধিগ্রহণ এবং ল্যান্ড ডেভেলপমেন্ট সম্ভবত শেষের দিকে।

দুনিয়ার সব বড় ইয়ার্ড এবং শিপইয়ার্ড কনসালটেন্টের সাথে কথা চলছে। টেন্ডার আহ্বান করা হয়েছে সেটা অনেকদিন হয়ে গেল।
When is the frigate constructions going to start? I thought they said beginning/ end of this year?
All I came to know is two frigate construction might start in China because the shipyards aren’t ready yet...

When is the frigate constructions going to start? I thought they said beginning/ end of this year?
All I came to know is two frigate construction might start in China because the shipyards aren’t ready yet...

Two frigates will come directly from China and to compensate the delay .

I believe (from what I have seen being discussed in various forums) that start of frigate construction will be slightly delayed as the yards need to have the right equipment. This, for Bangladesh, involves quite a lot of 'firsts'. I believe they might involve multiple private/public yards to have hull and superstructure modules built in parallel fashion (like they do in Korea and China) and join the modules together at one go.

Countries far bigger than us and having 50 years more experience in naval builds take up more than three years to build frigates like this sometime - even with building copied (err sorry - 'modified') designs. So I don't see a slight few months of delay as anything to worry about.

By the way I believe Fincantieri will probably not get involved in Bangladesh indigenous frigate project as they are involved in Project 17A next door. It is a conflict of interest with our Navy's rules.

I believe (from what I have seen being discussed in various forums) that start of frigate construction will be slightly delayed as the yards need to have the right equipment. This, for Bangladesh, involves quite a lot of 'firsts'. I believe they might involve multiple private/public yards to have hull and superstructure modules built in parallel fashion (like they do in Korea and China) and join the modules together at one go.

Countries far bigger than us and having 50 years more experience in naval builds take up more than three years to build frigates like this sometime - even with building copied (err sorry - 'modified') designs. So I don't see a slight few months of delay as anything to worry about.

By the way I believe Fincantieri will probably not get involved in Bangladesh indigenous frigate project as they are involved in Project 17A next door. It is a conflict of interest with our Navy's rules.

time of construction depends, on a large extent, on available budget.... the same ship can be constructed at half the time, but that would require twice the budget in half the revenue earning time.... so, without increasing defence spending significantly, a ship construction cannot be completed within a shorter time period....

this is the reason why US Navy is able to get ships built at multiple yards simultaneously; thus reducing the 'apparent time' of building a single ship.... on the other hand, Russian Navy has even taken 10 years to complete a frigate....

UNIFIL Maritime Task Force : Indonesian Navy KRI Usman Harun-359 and Bangladesh Navy BNS Bijoy (F35) conducted towing exercise at the Mediterranean Sea.
#UNIFIL_Lebanon_Bangladesh_Indonesia
Credit:Ivan Tenges

34211546_2162980917263268_4661321636912300032_n.jpg
33964999_2162982440596449_6125780943681617920_n.jpg
34048633_2162982347263125_5279003458098167808_n.jpg
34120438_2162981410596552_7710687651874996224_n.jpg

FOUNDATION LAYING CEREMONY
of KSY Rubber Factory , Electrical, Weapon, Electronic & Control Engineering Workshop, Guest House &
Banquet Hall and Shopnangon Residential Building

Inaugurated by

ADMIRAL NIZAMUDDIN AHMED, NBP, OSP, BCGM, ndc, psc
Chief of Naval Staff and Chairman, BOD
Khulna Shipyard Ltd, Bangladesh Navy
on 4 June 2018

34478298_2118055501799171_7745620368945053696_n.jpg
34392878_2118056458465742_4201524578758950912_n.jpg

FOUNDATION LAYING CEREMONY
of KSY Rubber Factory , Electrical, Weapon, Electronic & Control Engineering Workshop, Guest House &
Banquet Hall and Shopnangon Residential Building

Inaugurated by

ADMIRAL NIZAMUDDIN AHMED, NBP, OSP, BCGM, ndc, psc
Chief of Naval Staff and Chairman, BOD
Khulna Shipyard Ltd, Bangladesh Navy
on 4 June 2018

34478298_2118055501799171_7745620368945053696_n.jpg
34392878_2118056458465742_4201524578758950912_n.jpg
Badasses B|

..so??that number can be changed after refitting..o_Oo_O

Where is your credible source about that ship being retrofitted for Bangladesh Navy?

Btw there is general consensus for Any Naval vessels must struck down from their respective Navy before transfer to other Navies, this include to erase their hull registration number. And then they can be refurbished before transfered

Clear examples, Nahkoda Ragam class in Barrow shipyard, before transfer arrangement to Indonesia Navy

images (59).jpeg

The same can be said to many transfer case of Bd Navy before from China

This type 54 Frigate is still in active services within PLAN, they are not that old, laid down in 1997, commisioned in 1999.

Where is your credible source about that ship being retrofitted for Bangladesh Navy?

Btw there is general consensus for Any Naval vessels must struck down from their respective Navy before transfer to other Navies, this include to erase their hull registration number. And then they can be refurbished before transfered

Clear examples, Nahkoda Ragam class in Barrow shipyard, before transfer arrangement to Indonesia Navy

View attachment 479209

The same can be said to many transfer case of Bd Navy before from China

This type 54 Frigate is still in active services within PLAN, they are not that old, laid down in 1997, commisioned in 1999.

whatever the source is nd for ur kind info that source aint bdmilitary..right now i cant give u a credible link like janes..but these ships will come within this year,thats all i can say..

Back
Top Bottom