What's new

Bangladesh Navy

I believe two (definitely at least one) have been launched (hull only) and are being fitted out (with superstructure building, sensor and weapons fitting and all, but long away from being commissioned). I saw a report saying Pennant No. 551 was launched at least, if not also a second one (hull only). See below,

http://www.deagel.com/Fighting-Ships/Type-054B_a001840003.aspx

They cannot fully commission a 054B in 2018, if it hadn't been launched (i.e. hull floating in the water) already.

In any case - I was trying to make the point that we could not get 054Bs, this was probably an error.
But according to tradition, it can't be launched, when it just has the hull.
The report you mention is outdated.

Last edited:
But according to tradition, it can't be launched, when it just has the hull. Are there any pictures?

Well that is what seems happened (maybe they finished the superstructure too before they launched). But commissioning is yet to happen.

Most of the world launches larger vessels (naval vessels) into the water first after hull is completed. then superstructure is completed and attached to the ship in pieces. This is an Australian LHD being completed in Spain (and ready for launch).

LHD%2B01_1.jpg

This is Indian large destroyer being launched. Hull only. Much fanfare and Bollywood music.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INS_Visakhapatnam_(D66)

Well that is what seems happened (maybe they finished the superstructure too before they launched). But commissioning is yet to happen.

Most of the world launches larger vessels (naval vessels) into the water first after hull is completed. then superstructure is completed and attached to the ship in pieces. This is an Australian LHD being completed in Spain (and ready for launch).

LHD%2B01_1.jpg

This is Indian large destroyer being launched. Hull only. Much fanfare and Bollywood music.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INS_Visakhapatnam_(D66)

I mean our Chinese tradition. There is no similar situation happening to 002, 055, 052D, 054A, 056 and so on.
And no Chinese fans have found the hull of 054B. You know, they are very sensitive.

Last edited:
BNS BB 1,2,3 Rapid action team of Bay of Bengal.

Are you OK!!

I thought we were receiving two dated 053H3s or Jiangwei IIs, similar to Pakistan's F22P Zulfiquar class

Two type 53 will come within 4 month, didn't you hear?

11730047523_c3205325a0_b.jpg

And may be we won't get this like Type 54A as china unveiled new design already. We might even get UVLS. This is what we may order.

30716744_10204407585865884_4253405567491506176_n.jpg

I mean our Chinese tradition. There is no similar situation happening to 002, 055, 052D, 054A, 056 and so on.
And no Chinese fans have found the hull of 054B. You know, they are very sensitive.

Well I stand corrected then. I relied on an outdated source. Thanks for updating the situation.

Two type 53 will come within 4 month, didn't you hear?

Thanks Bhai.

I did hear that we were getting two 053H3's but will they be similarly equipped like they were at PLAN?

I am guessing some stripping of weapons and sensors may occur.

But according to tradition, it can't be launched, when it just has the hull.
The report you mention is outdated.
When titanic was launched... it was just the hull... infact this is normal in shipbuilding traditions

details of the ship plz

It has an endurance of 21 days, length of 135 m, range of 4,000 nautical miles (cruising at 18 knots) and top speed of 26 knots. It has 32 vertical-launch system (VLS) cells, one 76 mm main naval gun, two 30 mm guns and a 24-cell FL-3000N point-defence missile system (PDMS).

The CSIC 4,000-ton frigate is available in two variants: one with a target-illuminator to guide the semi-active radar-homing (SARH) HQ-16 SAM. The second is without a target-illuminator, but it possesses longer VLS cells. The second variant appears to have been designed to carry SAMs with active terminal-stage seekers and potentially other kinds of missiles, such as land-attack cruise missiles (LACM).

The latter variant is interesting in that it would maximize the utility of the 4,000-ton frigate’s use of active phased-array radar (APAR) and passive over-the-horizon radar (OTHR). Using the China Educational Instrument and Equipment Corp (CEIEC) SLR-66 as a benchmark, the frigate’s APAR could have a range of 280 km, while the OTHR would have a range of 500 km. The OTHR would provide the ship with stand-off range air and surface surveillance coverage, while the APAR can guide long-range SAM and/or AShM. The VLS cells would bode well for potential LACM usage.

Source- QUWA

CSOC-4000-ton-frigate.jpg

CSOC 4,000-ton frigate with target illuminator.

CSOC-4000-ton-frigate-long-VLS-IDEAS.jpeg

CSOC 4,000-ton frigate without target illuminator, but with longer/higher VLS.

It has an endurance of 21 days, length of 135 m, range of 4,000 nautical miles (cruising at 18 knots) and top speed of 26 knots. It has 32 vertical-launch system (VLS) cells, one 76 mm main naval gun, two 30 mm guns and a 24-cell FL-3000N point-defence missile system (PDMS).

The CSIC 4,000-ton frigate is available in two variants: one with a target-illuminator to guide the semi-active radar-homing (SARH) HQ-16 SAM. The second is without a target-illuminator, but it possesses longer VLS cells. The second variant appears to have been designed to carry SAMs with active terminal-stage seekers and potentially other kinds of missiles, such as land-attack cruise missiles (LACM).

The latter variant is interesting in that it would maximize the utility of the 4,000-ton frigate’s use of active phased-array radar (APAR) and passive over-the-horizon radar (OTHR). Using the China Educational Instrument and Equipment Corp (CEIEC) SLR-66 as a benchmark, the frigate’s APAR could have a range of 280 km, while the OTHR would have a range of 500 km. The OTHR would provide the ship with stand-off range air and surface surveillance coverage, while the APAR can guide long-range SAM and/or AShM. The VLS cells would bode well for potential LACM usage.

Source- QUWA

CSOC-4000-ton-frigate.jpg

CSOC 4,000-ton frigate with target illuminator.

CSOC-4000-ton-frigate-long-VLS-IDEAS.jpeg

CSOC 4,000-ton frigate without target illuminator, but with longer/higher VLS.
no anti sub system ? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom