What's new

Bangladesh is getting closer to Eurofighter Typhoon

Yes, in essence Meteor's fired by Eurofighters will have slightly longer "no escape" zones than the same missile fired by Rafales.

Eurofighter was designed as a pure air-supremacy fighter that could shoot down the Su-27s and Mig-29s that the Soviet Union fielded in the 1980s, whereas the Rafale was designed as an all-in-one fighter that had to be small enough to fit on a carrier.

When equipped with similar radar, avionics and missiles, the Eurofighter is quite a fair bit superior to Rafale in air-to-air combat.

Kinetics of Eurofighter is superior to either Rafale, Gripen or Super Hornet.

Arguably, only the F-22 is a better air to air platform.

The psychological effect of 16 BAF Typhoon on Myanmar alone would be worth the price. (to avoid further trouble foisted on Bangladesh by our eastern neighbors)

The psychological effect of 16 BAF Typhoon on Myanmar alone would be worth the price. (to avoid further trouble foisted on Bangladesh by our eastern neighbors)

16 Eurofighters with Meteor and any AESA radar(even Mk 0 model sold to Gulfies) would not even need any other BAF fighter assistance to negate the whole of the MAF.

Eurofighter is a total monster in the air-superiority role with its large and long ranged radar and ability to hold no less than 14 Meteors in "Beast Mode". OK if BAF was to buy this plane it would most likely not buy anymore than 8 Meteors per plane but the option is there.

Access to Meteor is key.

I love how Bangladesh is cultivating its relationship with European suppliers.

I doubt getting Meteor will be a problem if the money is there.

AND guess what....the money IS there Alhamdulilah.

Access to Meteor is key.

I love how Bangladesh is cultivating its relationship with European suppliers.

I doubt getting Meteor will be a problem if the money is there.

AND guess what....the money IS there Alhamdulilah.

It is simple.

BD has money now and is not hostile to Western interests.

In fact it has lifted its rose-tinted glasses view of China that it had before the Rohingya crisis and European countries(and US) will have noticed that.

China was the only game in town to realistically try to pull BD into its orbit and the Rohingya spectacle has put paid to that.

West can deal with BD on a mutually beneficial relationship for many many decades to come at least.

Not only that, but if Bangladesh retires its Chinese fighters and acquires the Typhoon, it will be expanding its links with Europe, from a primarily commercial relationship to one also encompassing a substantial defense relationship. As well as one that doesn’t take sides in the regional blocs (by not acquiring either a Chinese, Chinese/Pakistani, Indian or even American platform considering the Quad in regional affairs).

Upgraded MiG-29 will allow the BAF to leverage against any future potential arms embargoes from Europe, and they will know it.

Fluff and nonsense.
  • No facility in BD will give the cost efficiency of Rafale facilities simply becuse India has already paid for it. All the equipment and manpower has already been created and you will only be using them as needed. Rafale offices in the subcontinent will jointy service both countries.
  • 'I will send pilot to US etc. to train them'. Thank god your administration will be paying a closer look at the finances.

Cool story bro !

This thread is hilarious.

The reality is all we have are bits of news here and there regarding a purchase.

It has been confirmed that the number required is 16 and will be from a Western source with 2 engines. (There are figures regarding cost floating around as well)

We DO know BAF people are talking with Leonardo.

Much more so than say with Dassault.

So I guess you can infer Eurofighter is likely going to be the choice.

I also think BAF seems to be taking its time.

Don't count out further purchases of fighters as well as support i.e. AEW platforms.

Economy is only getting better.

And Bangladesh UNDERSPENDS on its military as it is.

So lets just savor this story as it unfolds.
Plot Twist: 18 F/A-18E/F.

Bangladesh get huge Trade surplus with USA and Europe, so understandable to chose them while in the other hand get huge trade deficit with China (J10C/JF17) and India (Tejas).

Surely you're not suggesting EFT can defeat Rafale in an air battle?

and why should I be trolling?
a) You decide not to spend money and will buy Chinese J 10

or

b) You decide to spend money and will buy Rafale

The only common sensical options.

LISTEN HERE

We ain't buying something from a nation who we don't trust one dam bit , idk where you have this idea that Bangladesh is India's ally and therefore will buy the Rafael. We will make sure we buy something that neither India nor Burma operates since Bangladesh isn't trying to use our dam fighters alongside India's but more like making sure we can somewhat deter against India even if we don't have the numbers.

BD will go for the EFT due to our close relations with our former colonizer and we can lobby in Britain incase we use this aircraft against India.

Rafael seems like a stupid option since Bangladesh doesn't trust France and France will go against Bangladesh if we use Rafael's against India for some reason.

It is simple.

BD has money now and is not hostile to Western interests.

In fact it has lifted its rose-tinted glasses view of China that it had before the Rohingya crisis and European countries(and US) will have noticed that.

China was the only game in town to realistically try to pull BD into its orbit and the Rohingya spectacle has put paid to that.

West can deal with BD on a mutually beneficial relationship for many many decades to come at least.
Like it or not, bd is moving more in chinese orbit than europes

The co op with china across all fields are increasing every day...

And anyway bd is waay more valuable to china than the nutcase junta in yangoon..

As for rohingya issue.. Once an anti awami league Govt comes to power, expect immediate return of rohingya to burma or a short war and return of arakan to BD. The chinese will provide diplomatic support.. In return BD will have to change its stance on india...

LISTEN HERE

We ain't buying something from a nation who we don't trust one dam bit , idk where you have this idea that Bangladesh is India's ally and therefore will buy the Rafael. We will make sure we buy something that neither India nor Burma operates since Bangladesh isn't trying to use our dam fighters alongside India's but more like making sure we can somewhat deter against India even if we don't have the numbers.

BD will go for the EFT due to our close relations with our former colonizer and we can lobby in Britain incase we use this aircraft against India.

Rafael seems like a stupid option since Bangladesh doesn't trust France and France will go against Bangladesh if we use Rafael's against India for some reason.

This is just fluff. In the real world money counts. Do I want to buy a Mercedes Benz? Yes. But can I afford it? Even if I can I need to cough up about a lakh every year in maintainence alone. Now my beighbor can get me the deal at 20% cheaper and zero servicing costs- I WILL go to him. If I don't, I'm the one that's dumb not he.

Plot Twist: 18 F/A-18E/F.
I would love this if this happens

Uncle SAM despite all his faults, is an excellent bussiness man.

F-16/18 in say 2-3 squadron + bring the j-10 production line to BD + start producing offensive drones and thats BAF's job done for the next decade.

If the people don't like India they can stop coming to India and stop doing all businesses with us. BD govt can't force it's people to do business with India.
If you come to Bangalore/Chennai, you will notice scores of bangladeshis specially in hospitals. Tons of people from bangladesh visit India specially for treatment. So much so that I have seen bangla speaking counters/receptionists in hospitals in Bangalore. You won't find any other specific language counters like Telugu, Tamil, Assamese etc., but specially bangla counter as most people who visit can't speak any other Indian language other than bangla. Point I am trying to make is that bangladesh people have lot to lose if they want to fight against India.

I don't think any Indian poster have spoken aggressively against BD, but you see the other way around. Don't you wonder who is looking for trouble.

I am not sure if you are new. But they have an inherent inferiority complex of "being saved" by Hindu Majority India in 71'. You see PDF Bangladeshis are incapable of greatfulness and I make this distinction clearly. Met scores of Bangladeshis and they are real friendly. Those folks are hardcore Islamists who imagine BD at the centre of the universe as if the whole world is conspiring against them. And their fantasy Forces goal 2030 is another. Their BD Defence forum (they have a FB page) is a joke with fan articles propagated as inside info. None of the info has turned true in the last 6-7 years.

BD in a quite honest sense has no chance of being in a war due to its geography and friendly neighbour India. Burma might do something. But these folks get triggered at the possibility of military macho seeing the HD pictures of SF or equipments of top military nations and how BD can emulate them. This sub forum.is an fantasy world. Come here , read , laugh and enjoy. Many Indian members who tried to reason with them initially then became so troll baiters and eventually quit posting in BD forum

Back
Top Bottom