What's new

Bangladesh is getting closer to Eurofighter Typhoon

The reason why you're frustrated is that in you know in your heart that what I say will come true. If it has to be a european MRCA, it has to be Rafale for BD. Instead of being thrilled that an exceptional aircraft might enter your AF at a very viable terms you are raving and ranting on non-issues. These are demons of your own making.

No cause everyone in this dam thread is giving facts while you're talking out of your fk @ss , what tf do we get out of a Rafael ?

If we go European we go British not fk some Baguette , we have 0 fucking connections with France and France will get us in trouble in the future if we get their equipment.

Britain and Italy is trying their best to persuade our officials and our officials are visiting them not the dam Rafael.

10 pages of discussion without any credible source. I am giving you in written that BD is not going to buy anything let alone EFT.

And that decision will always be better than getting a Tejas
No credible source is stating this, be great to know how you are so sure.

No one knew someone would invent the jet engine yet we have jets right now , so just because there isn't any evidence doesn't mean BAF won't buy something in the end

Last edited:
Look, reread my posts. I am not saying BD cannot operate high end western fighters. Bangladesh has a strong economy, it's people are bright and dedicated and it has a professional armed forces.

It would require an immense amount if time, logistics, manpower and money to do this. You have to ask yourself what would be the net gain? 16 Planes, say 12 available at any given time, all vulnerable to stand off weapons from Myanmar or India. Now think what you could do with the $4 Billion instead? Totally integrated and very heavy SAM/Radar network that could shoot anything out of the sky 200km from BD borders. That would make any attacker think twice.

BAF needs to protect BD from any possible threat and yes, that includes India.

It is not a zero sum equation.... BD requires multilayerd SAMs as well a BAF that is able to compete with IAF.

If BAF was going for J10 as the primary fighter i would have said that get the SAMs first as these wont pose a challenge to the raffles.

But EFT will dominate raffles and 16 is the initial purchase.... highly unlikely BAF will stop there.

BAF has started to acquire short range sams whilst BA is exploring medium range SAMs.

EFT is not coming anytime soon.... there is plenty of time to get the other pieces in order.

Your position of BD being small, EFT being too technical, why bother with anything because indian anti air defense will take out everything as if BD can not have similar anti air defensive system against IAF is frankly bizzare.

Last edited:
It is not a zero sum equation.... BD requires multilayerd SAMs as well a BAF that is able to compete with IAF.

If BAF was going for J10 as the primary fighter i would have said that get the SAMs first as these wont pose a challenge to the raffles.

But EFT will dominate raffles and 16 is the initial purchase.... highly unlikely BAF will stop there.

BAF has started to acquire short range sams whilst BA is exploring medium range SAMs.

EFT is not coming anytime soon.... there is plenty of time to get the other pieces in order.

Your position of BD being small, EFT being too technical, why bother with anything because indian anti air defense will take out everything as if BD can not have similar anti air defensive system again IAF is frankly bizzare.

If EFT deal is confirmed we will have to wait until the jet is manufactured and off the line and our pilots are trained to fly in them which will take time.

Idk the hell is BAF doing

it doesn't take a genius to figure this out. Either you will buy Chinese J10 or you will buy Rafale. EFT is not financially viable.

EFT certainly was not viable for india.... you have no need to project your issues on BD

Yes, in essence Meteor's fired by Eurofighters will have slightly longer "no escape" zones than the same missile fired by Rafales.

Eurofighter was designed as a pure air-supremacy fighter that could shoot down the Su-27s and Mig-29s that the Soviet Union fielded in the 1980s, whereas the Rafale was designed as an all-in-one fighter that had to be small enough to fit on a carrier.

When equipped with similar radar, avionics and missiles, the Eurofighter is quite a fair bit superior to Rafale in air-to-air combat.

Yep let's not forget the Typhoon was made to face to face multiple flankers. It trumps the Rafale in many regards e.g. engine performance for one.

Your position of BD being small, EFT being too technical, why bother with anything because indian anti air defense will take out everything as if BD can not have similar anti air defensive system against IAF is frankly bizzare.

Not bizzare at all. Burnol syndrome.

They can't access any of those top platforms, US and EU nations won't sell them, even if they did they got no money. They would love to have them.

No credible source is stating this, be great to know how you are so sure.
Some people have sources beyond websites.

Having said that, feel free to take what I say with a grain of salt as I am just a random person on the internet from your perspective.

In any case, watch this space.

I am not sure if you are new. But they have an inherent inferiority complex of "being saved" by Hindu Majority India in 71'. You see PDF Bangladeshis are incapable of greatfulness and I make this distinction clearly. Met scores of Bangladeshis and they are real friendly. Those folks are hardcore Islamists who imagine BD at the centre of the universe as if the whole world is conspiring against them. And their fantasy Forces goal 2030 is another. Their BD Defence forum (they have a FB page) is a joke with fan articles propagated as inside info. None of the info has turned true in the last 6-7 years.

BD in a quite honest sense has no chance of being in a war due to its geography and friendly neighbour India. Burma might do something. But these folks get triggered at the possibility of military macho seeing the HD pictures of SF or equipments of top military nations and how BD can emulate them. This sub forum.is an fantasy world. Come here , read , laugh and enjoy. Many Indian members who tried to reason with them initially then became so troll baiters and eventually quit posting in BD forum

You can't be hindutva extremists, spread hindutva poison on social media against Indian Muslims day in day out and not expect countries like Bangladesh not to take notice

The communal shithole that is India has woken all south Asia up regarding the threat from a hindutva extremist India

Why do you think you can attack Indian Muslims day in day out, take their rights, lynch them for eating meat, make laws targeting them, attack mosques and other Muslims like Bangladeshi won't start seeing you as a threat?

Some people have sources beyond websites.

Having said that, feel free to take what I say with a grain of salt as I am just a random person on the internet from your perspective.

In any case, watch this space.

Yeah, I will take the pinch of salt rather then the cryptic BS you have that tries to hide itself as some sort of insider knowledge....

Yeah, I will take the pinch of salt rather then the cryptic BS you have that tries to hide itself as some sort of insider knowledge....

I am gonna preface this by saying I am an uber skeptic when it comes to BAF.

But lets just go over the evidence shall we? (a brief incomplete list)

1) Officially stated BAF requirements, tender from 2017 and statements made by BAF chief as well as the honorable PM.

2) UK-Bangladesh statement from a few years ago mentioning the UK is ready to help BD with "high calibre multirole fighters"

3) Leonardo setting up shop in Bangladesh.

4) Previous purchases of Euro kit from Leonardo.

5) Florence Parly visiting PM Hasina on the fly.

6) There is more but the thing you should take away from this: Where there is smoke there is often fire.

Carry on.

Last edited:
I am gonna preface this by saying I am am uber skeptic when it comes to BAF.

But lets just go over the evidence shall we? (a brief incomplete list)

1) Officially stated BAF requirements, tender from 2017 and statements made by BAF chief as well as the honorable PM.

2) UK-Bangladesh statement from a few years ago mentioning the UK is ready to help BD with "high calibre multirole fighters"

3) Leonardo setting up shop in Bangladesh.

4) Previous purchases of Euro kit from Leonardo.

5) Florence Parly visiting PM Hasina on the fly.

6) There is more but the thing you should take away from this: Where there is smoke there is often fire.

Carry on.

All of the above is circumstantial evidence at best. Any sources for point 2?

There has been

1) No indication of any trials or tenders for a advanced twin engined fighter
2) No indication from Eurofighter or in fact any other western producer of any interest in a purchase
3) No aviation news reports mentioning this

Leonardo setting up shop could be for a host of reasons, they set up shop in Pak too

Back
Top Bottom