What's new

MBDA Keen To Supply Air Defence Missiles To Bangladesh Armed Forces

mb444

Apr 18, 2012
Country
United Kingdom
good enough for the small ships in BN and the italian corvettes we bought for the cost guards. These are in active operation with the RN, they are good enough for us.

The Ronin

Mar 24, 2017
Country
Bangladesh
I think it's good option to deter Indian and Burmese supersonic threat and with ATMACA it makes a good combo. If what the article say is true about the excess range and if it match our MR-SAM criteria then it ok to integrate on our future land, air and ship platform. Though i hope we will go for CAMM-ER.

good enough for the small ships in BN and the italian corvettes we bought for the cost guards. These are in active operation with the RN, they are good enough for us.
Type 26, 31e and 23 are small ships? 🤨:what:

mb444

Apr 18, 2012
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's good option to deter Indian and Burmese supersonic threat and with ATMACA it makes a good combo. If what the article say is true about the excess range and if it match our MR-SAM criteria then it ok to integrate on our future land, air and ship platform. Though i hope we will go for CAMM-ER.

Type 26, 31e and 23 are small ships? 🤨:what:
I was not making comment about RN ships.

These are fully canestarised self contained system. putting a couple in each of our smaller ships is viable. In CG vessels is viable. Additionally they will work with our IT and comms systems hence BN can retain central control, have wide dispersal and coverage across our EEZ and beyond.

They are not game changers but will certainly take BN up a several notches. BN should finalise the deal asap and increase our current operation ready SAM count.

BAF is useless and this is critical to ensure BNs survivability.

The Ronin

Mar 24, 2017
Country
Bangladesh
These are fully canestarised self contained system. putting a couple in each of our smaller ships is viable. In CG vessels is viable. Additionally they will work with our IT and comms systems hence BN can retain central control, have wide dispersal and coverage across our EEZ and beyond.
You can't use anything bigger or more lethal than a naval main gun on CG ship due to restriction. Those Minervas are old and none of them or any our small ships are suitable for such system, nor they are designed to be.

mb444

Apr 18, 2012
Country
United Kingdom
You can't use anything bigger or more lethal than a naval main gun on CG ship due to restriction. Those Minervas are old and none of them or any our small ships are suitable for such system, nor they are designed to be.
I will defer to your tecnical knowhow. My understanding was our ships are connected to a central network. The missiles can be launched from platforms that do not have the ability to target themselves, ie the smaller ships with lower range rader. They simply need the ability to launch whilst other ships can guide the sam to target.

In terms of CG ships or anything else its in our purvue how we arm our assets.

mb444

Apr 18, 2012
Country
United Kingdom
Which they don't have. No VLS and no place for VLS. That's what i was trying to say.
But these are containarised.... all you need is space to put them. You wont need anything other than to fire them. If we do not have space then obviously can not be done but did not think even a quad will take up that much space.

wali87

Jun 22, 2007
Who are they going to use them against? I mean they are already completely subservient to India and i doubt they have much of an issue with Myanmar. Better to spend that money on some socio economic development projects.

mb444

Apr 18, 2012
Country
United Kingdom
Who are they going to use them against? I mean they are already completely subservient to India and i doubt they have much of an issue with Myanmar. Better to spend that money on some socio economic development projects.
Last time i checked our socio economic indicators are above all the countries in region except srilanka.

saif

Sep 4, 2006
I think Bangladesh will buy Chinese missiles because of strategic and price considerations. European stuffs are very expensive.

Destranator

Jul 20, 2018
Country
Bangladesh
70 years on and India still occupies Kashmir. Why not disband the military and divert funds towards women's education?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom