What's new

Bangladesh is getting closer to Eurofighter Typhoon

We have BAC and other MRO facilities for majority of our aircraft fleet. Besides that we are building our aviation industry in Lalmonirhat and Saudi are interested to invest there. Beside our own aerospace university has started training students. So if we need a MRO facility, we can establish it here. Same for training. We are buy new basic trainers and hopefully we will buy another AJT. Even if we don't we can train our pilots in UK, Italy and Saudi. So don't need your help. :-)

Fluff and nonsense.
  • No facility in BD will give the cost efficiency of Rafale facilities simply becuse India has already paid for it. All the equipment and manpower has already been created and you will only be using them as needed. Rafale offices in the subcontinent will jointy service both countries.
  • 'I will send pilot to US etc. to train them'. Thank god your administration will be paying a closer look at the finances.

Fluff and nonsense.
  • No facility in BD will give the cost efficiency of Rafale facilities simply becuse India has already paid for it. All the equipment and manpower has already been created and you will only be using them as needed. Rafale offices in the subcontinent will jointy service both countries.
  • 'I will send pilot to US etc. to train them'. Thank god your administration will be paying a closer look at the finances.

You seem desperate about promoting Rafale for BAF. :what: Tell me, do you see BAF overhauling it's Mig-29 in India? No, then why do you think we will be needing India for maintaining our new MRCA. We are already training pilots in RSAF.

You seem desperate about promoting Rafale for BAF. :what: Tell me, do you see BAF overhauling it's Mig-29 in India? No, then why do you think we will be needing India for maintaining our new MRCA. We are already training pilots in RSAF.

I'm not promoting anything. I'm pointing out the obvious.
@Ronin let me add

a) If China/ any other middle/large power in the area was operating EFT I would have considered the chances of EFT to be about large or even
b) If you can afford european tech you won't buy J10. So the only european viable jet is the Rafale.

I'm not promoting anything. I'm pointing out the obvious.

And i corrected you and made it more obvious why BAF won't be needing you. Lemme make it more obvious for you. We have closer ties in defense with UK, Italy than France. Even if we don't get any MRO facility in BD, we can give the maintenance work to UK or Italy. There's no talk about Rafale's offer but EFT is getting more attention. It's magazine already declared us as potential customer and delegation from Leonardo paid visit last month. So your point is null and void.

No one pays 500 millions dollars more for 'better relations'. Maybe the saudis can but you can't. Setting up a small servicing facility for 16 jets that are at the same level as the Rafale is an incredibly dumb thing to do when you can do it cheaper.

Why would you assume BD is stopping at 16?

a) If China/ any other middle/large power in the area was operating EFT I would have considered the chances of EFT to be about large or even

Gripen is solely operated by Thailand for now in this region and Indonesia is trying to buy Austrian EFT stock. Did these face any obstacle just because no middle/large power in the area aren't operating them? Being the launch customer has nothing to do with that.

b) If you can afford european tech you won't buy J10. So the only european viable jet is the Rafale.

Nobody said we won't buy J-10 or a single engine fighter jet just because we are buying EFT or Rafale. Anyway if you don't agree, just wait for the official announcement. No point in unnecessary argument.

If there is going to be an MMRCA for BD , it will be Rafale. Period. We know the EFT- no great shakes over Rafale. The incremental capex and opex costs for BD doesn't make any financial sense at all.
EFT is an air dominance fighter and that is what BD needs. We can not have quantity so we will go for the best quality. EFT negates Raffle.
If there is going to be an MMRCA for BD , it will be Rafale. Period. We know the EFT- no great shakes over Rafale. The incremental capex and opex costs for BD doesn't make any financial sense at all.

Surely as an Indian you would be hoping that a potential adversary makes a very expensive mistake.... unless offcourse you are just trolling.

EFT is an air dominance fighter and that is what BD needs. We can not have quantity so we will go for the best quality. EFT negates Raffle.

EFT is no better than Rafale in most aspects. We know because we evaluated in detail and passed it on to Brazil too when they asked for our opinion. A little island of EFT is just an enormously bad financial decision. The saudis bought them in larger numbers so works for them.

EFT is no better than Rafale in most aspects. We know because we evaluated in detail and passed it on to Brazil too when they asked for our opinion. A little island of EFT is just an enormously bad financial decision. The saudis bought them in larger numbers so works for them.

If you say so.... again you should be cheering this "mistake" that BD is making...

Surely as an Indian you would be hoping that a potential adversary makes a very expensive mistake.... unless offcourse you are just trolling.

Surely you're not suggesting EFT can defeat Rafale in an air battle?

and why should I be trolling?
a) You decide not to spend money and will buy Chinese J 10

or

b) You decide to spend money and will buy Rafale

The only common sensical options.

Surely you're not suggesting EFT can defeat Rafale in an air battle?

Both are potent fighter. But EFT is better as it was designed primarily for aerial fight. Also it will depend on pilot too. Instead of arguing, read these.

1617821930638.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom