What's new

Bangladesh is getting closer to Eurofighter Typhoon

I mean the only reason the people see India as a threat is cause of your government nothing else , India is the main enemy in the neighborhood seen by multiple nations and even Nepal doesn't want Indian or Chinese influence sooo.

If the BJP didn't hate us this wouldn't have happened , also India even helped Myanmar during the Royhinga crisis and even gifted a submarine so tell me is India a true friend ?
Well if the hate is not between the peoples that's good.
I thought you guys had nothing serious against Myanmar, that's what I hear most of the time in PDF, India is the real deal.
As for why we are supporting Myanmar, it's more for keeping Chinese influence in check not anything about bd.

I thought you guys had nothing serious against Myanmar, that's what I hear most of the time in PDF, India is the real deal.
As for why we are supporting Myanmar, it's more for keeping Chinese influence in check not anything about bd.

Keeping Chinese influence in check ? .....how do I tell you this fam

India kinda failed there , Myanmar is a Chinese puppet that also will backstab India in the future
what is your problem ?

? Did you not get my statement

don't worry the guy is suffering from hinduphobia .

Following the need for the modernization of Bangladesh's armed forces, Dhaka is preparing to finalize some of the most interesting defense contracts in recent years. The main one concerns the purchase of a new multi-role combat aircraft (MRCA) to replace (or initially integrate) the old F-7 and MiG-29 jets of the Bangladesh Air Force (BAF).

Under the 'Forces Goal 2030' program, in 2017 the Bangladesh Directorate General Defense Purchase (DGDP) launched the tender for the procurement of eight fighter aircraft (plus option for an additional four), which was subsequently increased to 16 jets.

BAF is looking for a newly built fighter powered by two engines with at least 5,500 kg of dry thrust and over 8,000 kg with afterburner each and with at least eight weapon attachment points and a minimum payload of 5,000 kg.

The government demands that the fighter be equipped with an electronically-scanned radar array with an air-to-air range of 150 km and an air-to-surface range of 50 km. The aircraft will also have to include an Integrated Electronic Warfare (EW) and Electronic Countermeasures (ECM) suite; Infrared Search and Track (IRST) system with a target tracking range of at least 50 km; helmet mounted display and viewfinder system (HMD/S) with cueing; head-up display (HUD) and modern glass cockpit.

BAF is looking for a complete package that includes aircraft, maintenance and training, and a range of air-to-air and air-to-surface weapons. It must also provide for the opening of a Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) facility in the country.

When the teder was launched, the main contenders were Russian UAC's Su-35, MiG-35 and Su-30SM fighters, however in the last couple of years, the nation has started targeting mostly Western aircraft (westernization plan).

A source close to the Bangladeshi Defense told Blog Before Flight that at the top of the list is the Eurofighter Typhoon, offered to the nation by the Italian aerospace firm Leonardo. In addition, Dhaka could also select other 'Made in Italy' systems such as the AW101 medium-lift/multirole helicopter and the C-27J Spartan transport aircraft, the latter to replace the old An-32 fleet.

Leonardo boasts well-established commercial relations with Bangladesh, especially in the rotary wing sector. BAF already operates AW119 and AW139 helicopters, while the Bangladeshi Navy fleet includes the AW109M. In 2019, BAF also ordered Leonardo's KRONOS LAND air surveillance radar.

BAF's modernization plan also includes procurement of Boeing Apache attack helicopters, TAI Hurkus basic trainer/ground attack aircraft and TAI Anka armed drones.

The sole problem is.... money.
I think a bird as EF2000 is not an option for such country. Or for 2nd hand ones... Old and less potent bird. Beter going for brand new Gripen or F16 or J10C.

? Did you not get my statement

i have dignosed your disease . it is hinduphobia .
enjoy .
The sole problem is.... money.
I think a bird as EF2000 is not an option for such country. Or for 2nd hand ones... Old and less potent bird. Beter going for brand new Gripen or F16 or J10C.

if they can afford it is good option.

If you are actually an Indian that is bad for you

that means you IAF got shot down by something that is worse than BAF. Therefore this makes IAF even more incompetent than PAF

and

You have a bigger problem on your eastern border, when you cant even beat the current problem at your western border.

Chronic simping leads to own goals see....

Reality is not dependent on fantasies. It's a country with a rising economy and general technological levels ahead of Pakitsan. Do you have major manufacturing outfits like Walton? They can integrate any jet better than you.

BTW- BD will actually integrate Rafale and not EFT. For the simple reason that Dassault will offer their servicing centres based in India for IAF which will make overall cost of ownership significantly cheaper for BD. Plus they can train their pilots here too far cheaper.
Too many people forget that BD has been operating 4th gen Mig-29s for over 20 years now!

BD already has 4 of these 8 Mig-29s upgraded with modern radar and electronics and so finally has a true BVR platform, where it can learn a lot of these tactics and skills before any potential Eurofighters arrive by 2025 at the earliest now.

Going from modernised Mig-29 to 4+ gen Eurofighter is not that big a deal.

Exactly- considering a Mig 29 was a competitor for F16 no reason why an EFT/Rafale can't be integrated.

[/QUOTE]
Reality is not dependent on fantasies. It's a country with a rising economy and general technological levels ahead of Pakitsan. Do you have major manufacturing outfits like Walton? They can integrate any jet better than you.

BTW- BD will actually integrate Rafale and not EFT. For the simple reason that Dassault will offer their servicing centres based in India for IAF which will make overall cost of ownership significantly cheaper for BD. Plus they can train their pilots here too far cheaper.

Exactly- considering a Mig 29 was a competitor for F16 no reason why an EFT/Rafale can't be integrated.
If BAF is going to work with IAF then why bother having an airforce

its waaaay cheaper to sign a defense agreement with india..

rofl.

the stench of your frustration is ... amusing

If BAF is going to work with IAF then why bother having an airforce

its waaaay cheaper to sign a defense agreement with india..

rofl.

[/QUOTE]

BD never said their AF is India specfic. besides the stench of your ignorance is overwhelming

a) Both BD and India operte Mig 29
b) Both Pak and India operate Mirages.

Good step. Sure its pricey, but it will be the best air superiority fighter in South Asia, there is great support (UK and Italy), plenty of allied forces operate it, and gives the BAF a steep learning curve that can only benefit it.

Good step. Sure its pricey, but it will be the best air superiority fighter in South Asia, there is great support (UK and Italy), plenty of allied forces operate it, and gives the BAF a steep learning curve that can only benefit it.

BD will buy Rafale not EFT. And India will help in the integration.

that's right .
BD will buy Rafale not EFT. And India will help in the integration.
not a bad idea .

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom