What's new

Bangladesh Army confirmed purchasing of Chinese made VT-5 Light Tanks and kasirga T-300 MLRS

for india continuously playing the brotherhood flute with Bangladesh, Bangladesh is definitely planning on something big & it ain't against no myanmar...
BA chose VT-5 and not T-90 because we are not allies, plain and simple!
So, I don't understand why you don't understand the situation and keep repeating your baseless rhetoric.....

The T-90S is also able to fire the 9M119 Refleks (NATO designation AT-11 Sniper) anti-tank guided missile system with a range from 100 m to 4,400 m. It can be used to destroy tank fitted with explosive reactive armour (ERA), as well as low-flying air targets such as helicopters, at a range of up to 5 km.

Does VT 5 has the bold part capacity of T 90? If yes then good if not then your loss...

The T-90S is also able to fire the 9M119 Refleks (NATO designation AT-11 Sniper) anti-tank guided missile system with a range from 100 m to 4,400 m. It can be used to destroy tank fitted with explosive reactive armour (ERA), as well as low-flying air targets such as helicopters, at a range of up to 5 km.

Does VT 5 has the bold part capacity of T 90? If yes then good if not then your loss...

You make me wonder if you have the slightest idea of how modern tanks are operated keeping terrain advantages and disadvantages in mind! Or do you just get your info from wiki to justify your claims? The marshy lands and mountain region of BD is not suitable for operating a heavy MBT like T-90. For that role we tend to use medium tanks like Type-59BD Durjoy and Type-69-2G. Although I would like a more advanced medium tank but such a thing may not be available in my shallow knowledge.
As for VT-5 it is the most ideal light tank for us to operate in BD terrain. VT-5 can fire ATGMs, has cutting edge armor and protection, also most importantly it is an amphibious tank so it can cross our vast rivers without any bridges.
T-90 is allegedly one of the best tanks in the world. But the best doesn't mean the most ideal in every situation. And the other fact is that we are distancing ourselves from Russia regarding military purchases!!!

You make me wonder if you have the slightest idea of how modern tanks are operated keeping terrain advantages and disadvantages in mind! Or do you just get your info from wiki to justify your claims? The marshy lands and mountain region of BD is not suitable for operating a heavy MBT like T-90. For that role we tend to use medium tanks like Type-59BD Durjoy and Type-69-2G. Although I would like a more advanced medium tank but such a thing may not be available in my shallow knowledge.
As for VT-5 it is the most ideal light tank for us to operate in BD terrain. VT-5 can fire ATGMs, has cutting edge armor and protection, also most importantly it is an amphibious tank so it can cross our vast rivers without any bridges.
T-90 is allegedly one of the best tanks in the world. But the best doesn't mean the most ideal in every situation. And the other fact is that we are distancing ourselves from Russia regarding military purchases!!!
Why not get AK-1?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_15_tank

The Type 15 (Chinese: 15式; pinyin: Shíwǔ shì) or ZTQ-15 is a Chinese third generation lightweight main battle tank (MBT). The vehicle was a replacement for the antiquated Type 62 light tank introduced in 1963. Type 15 tank is designed to fulfill the requirement from Chinese army for a lighter, mobile modern tank that can effectively operate in China's plateaus, forests, and water-heavy regions in which heavier Type 99 tanks have difficulties traversing.[1]

T-90S (47tons) weight vs VT-5 (33tons) weight in muddy terrain. You do the maths and guess which has a higher chances of sinking into mud first.

ZTQ-15 or VT-5 is designed exactly against T-90S on the plateau.
Don't you know that?

And the armor of ZTQ-15 or VT-5 can't be penetrated by T-90S.

ZTQ-15 or VT-5 is designed exactly against T-90S on the plateau.
Don't you know that?

And the armor of ZTQ-15 or VT-5 can't be penetrated by T-90S.

Why can't a heavier tank penetrate armor of a lighter tank? what if T90 hits VT5 in a close combat? I think in that case it should be able to penetrate VT5.... how will you compare our upgraded T72s with VT5?

Well the first gun stabilizer in Russia was the Soviet Tsyklon (Cyclone) in the T-54B tank, which I believe became the Type 59 in China around late 1950's. Did China adopt that stabilizer at that time?

The best stabilized tank gun today is the Rheinmetall Rh-120 which is a 120 mm smoothbore, also made in the US (designation M256) as used in the latest Leopards, the Korean K2 Black Panther and the M1A1/M1A2 Abrams tanks.

I wonder how the VT-5's stabilization compares to the Rheinmetall gun.

On a side note, I believe the Korean K2 (with updated sleek ERA equipped turrets like the latest Merkavas) should have a chance to compete as the standard bearer for the future top-tier locally-produced main battle tank role in Bangladesh Army service, while the VT-5 can remain in enhanced quantity as the future 'numbers' tank. If Egypt can produce M1A1's in quantity - I see absolutely no reason why Bangladesh cannot be able to produce a tank like the K2 given the talent we have locally.

As the Type 59G indigenous upgraded 'Durjoy' and Type 69 II's get obsolete in the next say five years and are slowly re-purposed as armored troop carriers, ammo carriers etc., this transformation is sorely needed.
I think Bangladesh can produce its own tanks. You only need to import German engines, German gearboxes, German tank guns, and US fire control systems... You can produce tanks like K2.

But a real question arises, what about your industrial integration capabilities? How is your metallurgical technology? And forging technology?

South Asia's most powerful nation in order to produce a reliable tanks, they spent 40 years. and you?

The tank is a weapon of war, not an exhibit. Chinese tanks have gone through many wars and undergo rigorous tests. This is different from K2 or "other exhibits".

Sorry forgive me I just live in the real world.

Last edited:
Just due to your poor gun and ammunition.

What are you saying? You mean to say our T90 gun and ammunition poor? It's one the best tank available today my friend... what are you saying?

Thailand chooses more expensive VT-4, instead of T-90S. Maybe it means something.

Well my friend it seems that you are underestimating T90 gun and ammunition only based on Thailand selection of VT4.... this is not a proof for what you are talking about T90 gun and ammunition.... Thailand firstly is under China camp and apart from that they're no where serious about protecting themselves from enemies on their own.... they are totally betting their security on China..... they don't have any dispute with neighbors and in case of emergency they know PRC is there to protect them.... hence VT4 purchase is a payment for this favor by PRC

Well my friend it seems that you are underestimating T90 gun and ammunition only based on Thailand selection of VT4.... this is not a proof for what you are talking about T90 gun and ammunition.... Thailand firstly is under China camp and apart from that they're no where serious about protecting themselves from enemies on their own.... they are totally betting their security on China..... they don't have any dispute with neighbors and in case of emergency they know PRC is there to protect them.... hence VT4 purchase is a payment for this favor by PRC
There are some local conflicts between Thailand and Vietnam.

In 1979, Thailand used Chinese type 69 tanks to resist Vietnam invasion.

Last edited:

I never knew about Thailand Vietnam fight... if possible can you throw some more light on this

Last edited:
Thailand firstly is under China camp and apart from that they're no where serious about protecting themselves from enemies on their own.... they are totally betting their security on China..... they don't have any dispute with neighbors and in case of emergency they know PRC is there to protect them....

This is among the dumbest things I have ever heard in my life. Dumber than your "BD-India Strategic Alliance" BS.

When you know nothing about a topic, educate yourself before posting instead of flooding the forum with Ganga water.
Thailand has no disputes with neighbours? What are these, rap battles?

https://worldview.stratfor.com/article/thailand-myanmar-border-dispute-heats
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambodian–Thai_border_dispute
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai–Laotian_Border_War

Does this look like a military which is hedging bets on China?
Screenshot_20200202-061120_Samsung Internet.jpg

images.jpeg-2.jpg

Next time read up before head bobbling your way into posting silly.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom