What's new

Bangladesh Army confirmed purchasing of Chinese made VT-5 Light Tanks and kasirga T-300 MLRS

And what gave you the impression army will never go for beach landing to push enemy inside their territory as counter-attack?

Question is, which enemy are we talking about. We got only 2 neighbouring countries.

Apart from that a plausible attack inside their territory could happen of course. But probability that our troops will be in defensive position within our country in times of war is higher.

The only counter-attack, from my limited understanding, could be through special forces being para-dropped across the enemy lines to create diversion and cut out supply routes.

Question is, which enemy are we talking about. We got only 2 neighbouring countries.

Apart from that a plausible attack inside their territory could happen of course. But probability that our troops will be in defensive position within our country in times of war is higher.

The only counter-attack, from my limited understanding, could be through special forces being para-dropped across the enemy lines to create diversion and cut out supply routes.

Myanmar.

These purchases(along with the many landing ships also being built that are suitable for landing on enemy shores) can only be seen for what they are - an army that is fully prepared to go on the offensive into enemy territory if needs be.

The Landing transport ships would be ideal to ferry troops and vehicles deep into enemy territory.
If any war starts with Myanmar, BD needs to have the ability to land thousands of troops and dozens of vehicles deep into Arakan as then the Barmans will be on the back foot. It would be stupid to just play defensive as opening another front would be the easiest way to achieve victory.

the possible reason for VT-5 to win the tender could be the more powerful engine pack, RWS and 40mm grenade launcher.
It could also be the silhouette, I’m not sure tbh but Kaplan with a nearly perpendicular broad lower glacis doesn’t seem to be a good idea, I have my concerns about this... advantageous situation will be hull down from hill top but on same plane, I would be pissing my pants to be in the drivers sit in that tank.

Kaplan won't come, confirmed by a guy in army. superior armor won against superior gun system. And amphibious tanks are included in that number.

ও ভাই!! কি হইল ভাই?! :lol::omghaha: That's why i stopped saying anything about SAK. :lol:
lol. Don't act like a kid! (that's if you are not one)
You very well know what I was talking about.

According to him BD is buying every possible platform.আজকে কাপলান তো কাল ভিটি ৫. Anything remotely be available to BD, he is talking about it. So of course one of those many will come.

Now is there anything left to take credit for?

1 regiment.

120km

http://www.roketsan.com.tr/en/product/trg-300-tiger-missile/

Check this thread.

Look at both tank's armor and you will see the difference. Although they look same, there's a little bit difference. Kaplan looks like an IFV with turret.

According FNSS CEO, the MMWT provides ballistic and mine protection Level 4 (STANAG 4569) firing of small arms 14.5 mm AP caliber on 360°, 155mm shell splinter at 30 m and mine explosion of 10 kg TNT under the track and the floor. It can be fitted with add-on armour to increase protection to Level 5 (STANAG 4569) protection against 25mm APDS-T (Armor Piercing Discarding Sabot - Tracer) ammunition.

The VT5 can be fitted with two different armor configurations. The hull and the turret of the VT5 is made with all-welded steel armour which provides stand protection against firing of small arms and shell splinters. To increase the protection, the VT5 can be equipped with advanced composite armour and/or explosive reactive armour (ERA). At AirShow China 2016, the VT5 was also fitted with slat armour (wire cage armour) on the turret sides and either side of the hull to increase protection against rocket-propelled grenades (RPG) and anti-tank guided missiles.

https://www.armyrecognition.com/chi...t_specifications_pictures_video_11711164.html

https://www.armyrecognition.com/tur...t_specifications_pictures_video_10412164.html

Both tanks have similar specification. But the possible reason for VT-5 to win the tender could be the more powerful engine pack, RWS and 40mm grenade launcher. It can be fitted with an APS too. Besides all of our tanks are Chinese. @Michael Corleone might be able to explain better.

And Type-59 is an MBT which had originally 36 ton weight until it's been upgraded with new wielded turret, gun, armor etc.

https://www.armyrecognition.com/air...MVq5PIGzYk-kj_9I1OhNMsougTrCS04QK7aO9EtX9RlGo

77403818_2844547425608816_1525834870465495040_n.jpg

VT5_light_weight_main_battle_tank_MBT_NORINCO_105mm_China_Chinese_defense_military_equipment_006.jpg

VT5_light_weight_main_battle_tank_MBT_NORINCO_105mm_China_Chinese_defense_military_equipment_details_001.jpg

Kaplan_MT_Medium_Tank_FNSS_PT_Pindad_Indonesia_Indonesian_army_Turley_defense_industry_001.jpg

Kaplan_MT_Medium_Tank_FNSS_PT_Pindad_Indonesia_Indonesian_army_Turley_defense_industry_005.jpg

And what gave you the impression army will never go for beach landing to push enemy inside their territory as counter-attack?

Thanks for the detailed post @Ronin bhai. :-)

Can anyone tell me how many pieces of launchers are there in 1 regiment?

Wooh! Thats more than good for us at this stage.

Where do you reckon we would deploy these artilleries? I am guessing few pieces in the Myanmar border and few in the Northeast?

Place them strategically to bring maximum number of indian airbases and other military assets in range.

BD would need to take out the airbases quickly.

BD really needs to get TOT for this.

Place them strategically to bring maximum number of indian airbases and other military assets in range.

BD would need to take out the airbases quickly.

BD really needs to get TOT for this.

120km range would allow BD to take out the majority of IAF bases in W. Bengal and the NE as they are very close to BD border.

I guess some need to be kept to face the savages and the rest targeting IAF airbases and other military assets near BD.

Not only military assets but strategic assets such as ammunition depots, steel and aluminium plants, fuel/petroleum refineries, ports, stations, major bridges, dams and fuel storage facilities. Just stating the obvious I guess...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom