What's new

Bangladesh Army confirmed purchasing of Chinese made VT-5 Light Tanks and kasirga T-300 MLRS

This is like every year. This year it was beach landings. But I wonder if d day style landings that we see are efficient at all in modern context
In the case of riverine BD riverbank landing is still needed for defence. In war, our two neighbors will come through our unprotected river system expecting no resistance. So, some of the riverbanks may need tanks to resist an enemy intrusion.

Moving in the rivers is faster than moving on the land that also needs crossing bridges which may be destroyed by enemy attacks.

So, it is another kind of D Day for Bangladesh.

In the case of riverine BD riverbank landing is still needed for defence. In war, our two neighbors will come through our unprotected river system expecting no resistance. So, some of the riverbanks may need tanks to resist an enemy intrusion.

Moving in the rivers is faster than moving on the land that also needs crossing bridges which may be destroyed by enemy attacks.

So, it is another kind of D Day for Bangladesh.
It will be really difficult almost impossible for enemy to cross our multiple rivers, establish a supply line etc

So yeah, missile force should be established in various parts of the country consisting of layered MLRS with various ranges.

WS-22
ws-22a-guided-multiple-launch-rocket-system.jpg

TRG-300

mlrs-png.592175

Khan ballistic missile

turkey-roketsan-bora-khan-srbm-01-e1494502453161.jpg

The 44units of VT-5 ordered by Bangladesh Army is supposed to be delivered by 2020 as I read somewhere. I can't remember where exactly. Do you have any information regarding this?

The 44units of VT-5 ordered by Bangladesh Army is supposed to be delivered by 2020 as I read somewhere. I can't remember where exactly. Do you have any information regarding this?
No idea.

Who would they use it against? India is their master. They fear Myanmar.. will they use it against fish in the sea bay of Bengal? Non sense waste of money

Brother India is not their master... we are both strategic allies.....

Yes they fear Myanmar obviously because as of now Myanmar has clear military upper hand over Bangladesh and not to mention Myanmar is further upgrading its military...

Back to the topic I don't understand why they are going for VT5.... they should have gone for more lethal T90... that would have given us both strategic allies a common platform too

Brother India is not their master... we are both strategic allies.....

Yes they fear Myanmar obviously because as of now Myanmar has clear military upper hand over Bangladesh and not to mention Myanmar is further upgrading its military...

Back to the topic I don't understand why they are going for VT5.... they should have gone for more lethal T90... that would have given us both strategic allies a common platform too

BA chose VT-5 and not T-90 because we are not allies, plain and simple!
So, I don't understand why you don't understand the situation and keep repeating your baseless rhetoric.....

Superb gun stabilizer. You can see the shell never drop off from the barrel of the gun even running thru uneven terrain.

Well the first gun stabilizer in Russia was the Soviet Tsyklon (Cyclone) in the T-54B tank, which I believe became the Type 59 in China around late 1950's. Did China adopt that stabilizer at that time?

The best stabilized tank gun today is the Rheinmetall Rh-120 which is a 120 mm smoothbore, also made in the US (designation M256) as used in the latest Leopards, the Korean K2 Black Panther and the M1A1/M1A2 Abrams tanks.

I wonder how the VT-5's stabilization compares to the Rheinmetall gun.

On a side note, I believe the Korean K2 (with updated sleek ERA equipped turrets like the latest Merkavas) should have a chance to compete as the standard bearer for the future top-tier locally-produced main battle tank role in Bangladesh Army service, while the VT-5 can remain in enhanced quantity as the future 'numbers' tank. If Egypt can produce M1A1's in quantity - I see absolutely no reason why Bangladesh cannot be able to produce a tank like the K2 given the talent we have locally.

As the Type 59G indigenous upgraded 'Durjoy' and Type 69 II's get obsolete in the next say five years and are slowly re-purposed as armored troop carriers, ammo carriers etc., this transformation is sorely needed.

for india continuously playing the brotherhood flute with Bangladesh, Bangladesh is definitely planning on something big & it ain't against no myanmar...
Only one member is doing that and i dont know why.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom