What's new

Bangladesh Army confirmed purchasing of Chinese made VT-5 Light Tanks and kasirga T-300 MLRS

Two are different. Type C is WS-22 with maximum range of 30km (some say 40km), Type B TRG-300 with 30 to 120km and Type A is 120 to 280km range. Type B is coming and Type A is still in tender process.

Need to hurry up and integrate 280K range assets.
BD needs to develop internal capacity to produce and stockpile differing range of missile has to be the backbone of our offensive capacity. As I have said before BD needs a bona-fide 4th arm of defense - a missile force. We need to go talk to iran and learn from their experience.

Two are different. Type C is WS-22 with maximum range of 30km (some say 40km), Type B TRG-300 with 30 to 120km and Type A is 120 to 280km range. Type B is coming and Type A is still in tender process.
WS-22:20-45KM
upload_2019-12-4_21-28-25.jpeg

Need to hurry up and integrate 280K range assets.
BD needs to develop internal capacity to produce and stockpile differing range of missile has to be the backbone of our offensive capacity. As I have said before BD needs a bona-fide 4th arm of defense - a missile force. We need to go talk to iran and learn from their experience.
We need air to air, air to ground missiles produced in the country to keep our defense budget in arms length. They are the most expensive stuffs and has to be replenished quite often. We dont need long range missiles.

We need air to air, air to ground missiles produced in the country to keep our defense budget in arms length. They are the most expensive stuffs and has to be replenished quite often. We dont need long range missiles.

BD definitely needs long range rockets like the Kasirga as it adds a massive offensive punch to it's arsenal.
India is also being put on notice that if they attack BD their assets in W Bengal and parts of NE will be wiped out.

I believe we do. In any war with india we will be attacked from all direction. Our best chance before events deteriorates to such a point is to have missile options to strike at the heart of the enemy.

At the very least we have to be able to completely pulvarise the IN andaman bases as well its assets on its east coast thereby at a stroke stopping any possibility of a naval blockade. Nearer to home all indian air bases similarly needs to be taken out.

Beyond that we need the capacity to strike accross its polulation centres beyond the borders of west bengal and right in the hindi heartland.

BD defense will come from ability to neutralise indias hedgemon and will come by aquiring capabilities to exact a price that they are unwilling to pay.

A missile force must become the heart of our offensive capacity. Karisga is a really good start. We need to build on it.

Last edited:
I believe we do. In any war with india we will be attacked from all direction. Our best chance before events deteriorats to such a point is to have missile options to strike at the heart of the enemy.

At the very least we have to be able to completely pulvarise the IN andaman bases as well its assets on its east coast thereby at a stroke stopping any possibility of a naval blockade. Nearer to home all indian air bases similarly needs to be taken out.

Beyond that we need the capacity to strike accross its polulation centres beyond the borders of west bengal and right in the hindi heartland.

BD defense will come from ability to neutralise indias hedgemon and will come by aquiring capabilities to exact a price that they are unwilling to pay.

A missile force must become the heart of our offensive capacity. Karisga is a really good start. We need to build on it.

Very well put brother - kudos!

I think BD should just mass produce its own 300mm rockets and get license for Turkish strapon kits.

Trgkk-300-1-1024x370.jpg

With the installation of the TRGK-300 Guidance Kit on unguided 300 mm rockets, targets within a range of 40 – 90 km can be surpassed with high accuracy.

The guidance kit integration provides a cost-effective solution by using the existing rocket components.

Diameter 300 mm
Weight 600 kg
Range 40 - 90 km
Guidance Global Positioning System + Global Navigation Satellite System
Control Aerodynamic Control with Electromechanical Actuation System
Propellant Type Composite Solid
Warhead Types High Explosive + Steel Ball
Warhead Weight 150 kg
Warhead Effective Radius ≥ 70 m
Fuze Type Point Detonating and Proximity
Accuracy (CEP) ≤ 50 m

I believe we do. In any war with india we will be attacked from all direction. Our best chance before events deteriorates to such a point is to have missile options to strike at the heart of the enemy.

Very well put. Ultimately we need to develop such a long range missile that can reach Delhi and Mumbai. It will have a tremendous psychological impact on enemy's heart which no other weapon or battle theatre could. And there should be a tacit understanding that if they attack Dhaka or Chittagong then Bangladesh will hit Delhi and Mumbai. It will have the best deterrence value than any other alternative from attacking the populated cities like Dhaka and Chittagong by the Bharati force in case of a war.

Very well put. Ultimately we need to develop such a long range missile that can reach Delhi and Mumbai. It will have a tremendous psychological impact on enemy's heart which no other weapon or battle theatre could. And there should be a tacit understanding that if they attack Dhaka or Chittagong then Bangladesh will hit Delhi and Mumbai. It will have the best deterrence value than any other alternative from attacking the populated cities like Dhaka and Chittagong by the Bharati force in case of a war.
I wonder what the solution is, MTCR limits range to under 300km so BD will have to buy something from Turkey or China and rebrand it as indigenous to get the ranges you want.

I wonder what the solution is, MTCR limits range to under 300km so BD will have to buy something from Turkey or China and rebrand it as indigenous to get the ranges you want.

Path is known and first steps have been taken....these are just a matter of time.

I believe the will is there but all dependent upon the economy which is the primary concern.

Yes, we need indigenous capability in collaboration with China or Turkey. Bangladesh will go at first for indigenous short range missile, then gradually increase the range like all other established missile power.

I mapped out Indian airbases a while ago, small circles are Eastern Air Command bases. Those big circles are 300km range A-300s.

TRG-300 can still reach a majority of these but will have to come close to the borders.
upload_2019-11-15_19-23-46-png.589479

For sure next step should be Khan ballistic missile with 280km range.

BORA-1-1024x370.jpg

Back
Top Bottom