What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

I hope we can get KFX/IFX in the future. The problem is the American engine. We simply do not trust US foreign policy. Can they integrate EJ200 on the IFX/KFX ?
The only major Muslim countries that supported us with Aid and diplomatically during this crisis were Turkey , Indonesia (Jokowi visited the refugee camps) and Malaysia . At least we can rely on these countries to support us. It is essential to strenghten ties with these countries in defence and economic matters. We cannot become a pawn of either US or China in their game.

The early design is made to have either F 414 or EJ 200, but I dont think we can put EJ 200 now as F414 has already selected to power the plane.

British can also do embargoed. In the past Indonesia get embargoed from US and British over East Timor issues.

Yup I think Bangladeh better buy fighters from either Turkey or Indonesia since the money will develop further our defense industry than pouring it into another nation that could side with your potential enemy in the future.

Hahahah...yeah I figured a long time ago.
BTW, have you seen one of their recent posts in which they have basically declared to wash their hands off any responsibility for past predictions?

Edit: Here it is:
The narcissist has control over everything, his micromanaging led me to not do anything at all because you got no autonomy in decision making or what post goes up etc

3 billion for 16 EFT not worth it.
peach plane comes down to 187.5m while Germany is getting same for about 171m can’t use infrastructure as reason since they’re not replacing but expanding.
with 3 billion we could get lot of gripen I tell you at about 125m a pop
24 atleast everything included. Spend 4 billion instead and we could get TOT like Brazil and start manufacture in bd.
but no 16 EFT it it
Imagine crashing these like the YAK-130s
BAF would have to declare bankruptcy
I like this. But too many variants. Migs EFT and now J-10.

Be like pakistan. Master 1 platform
Speculation here
If we had sane heads we would stick to one platform and think of local manufacture.
Gripen and j10 are the only options I see
I guess that is how PAF has always triumphed over its arch rival. Training and Professionalism. Not just the pilots but the maintenance crew as well
They got trained by RAF and USAF for long time before the 65 war and regularly train with major air forces. Truly world class pilots

peach plane comes down to 187.5m while Germany is getting same for about 171m can’t use infrastructure as reason since they’re not replacing but expanding.
24 atleast everything included. Spend 4 billion instead and we could get TOT like Brazil and start manufacture in bd.
but no 16 EFT it it

Speculation here
If we had sane heads we would stick to one platform and think of local manufacture.

They got trained by RAF and USAF for long time before the 65 war and regularly train with major air forces. Truly world class pilots

I agree with you we should have gotten Gripens , also Bangladeshi pilots do not have crazy good flight hours so idk how we will fare in combat though.

Pilot matters the most , Gripens were meant for Bangladesh but NOPE BAF thinks it's too perfect for us and chose EFT.

I agree with you we should have gotten Gripens , also Bangladeshi pilots do not have crazy good flight hours so idk how we will fare in combat though.

Pilot matters the most , Gripens were meant for Bangladesh but NOPE BAF thinks it's too perfect for us and chose EFT.
It's not either or;
BAF can buy EFT, Rafale, F-35, F-22, or whatever for air superiority but this should not be prioritised over low cost, high serviceability fighters.

Last edited:
Will it be possible to integrate Gökdoğan (BVRAAM) and Bozdoğan (SRAAM) from Turkey into the EFT system? We could stock up on Meteors IF we get EFT but they are too expensive to have in any meaningful number. EFT can fire AMRAAM but we are not signing any contract with US anytime soon.

Will it be possible to integrate Gökdoğan (BVRAAM) and Bozdoğan (SRAAM) from Turkey into the EFT system? We could stock up on Meteors IF we get EFT but they are too expensive to have in any meaningful number. EFT can fire AMRAAM but we are not signing any contract with US anytime soon.

You would need the UK(radar supplier) to work with Turkey to make this happen and so almost impossible.

As for Meteor cost, it is similar to AMRAAM 120D, which is a little inferior missile to Meteor, and BAF will probably not get more than 16 x 8 for its MRCA requirement. That makes 128 missiles and with a unit cost of 2.3 million dollars that comes to around 300 million dollars. They are expensive but not unduly so when compared to the cost of the actual plane.

giving codes for integration to EF mission computer means
-for gokdogan radar guided missile , HAND over all critical data,range frequencies etc to british hands, they can make easily countermeasure and share them with their allies(huge risc for turkey also for bangladesh), making special version possible but still essential data will flow to brits like range , radar range etc..
-for bozdogan IIR missile, it is much easier to integrate to EF but it is high off boresight missile so it uses data link , and EF will know the exact frequencies and its algorithms , prone to leak critical data too.

so practically it is a hard job and why british accept foreign missiles on their platform?

but no 16 EFT it it

I agree with you plus for $3 billion I don't think they will get 16 most likely 12 Eurofighters.
Unless if they get 8 used and 8 new deal similar to what France is giving Greece for Rafales.

Another thing what BAF has not thought about is the availability rate of the Eurofighters,
during a war half will be going through maintenance.

I agree with you plus for $3 billion I don't think they will get 16 most likely 12 Eurofighters.
Unless if they get 8 used and 8 new deal similar to what France is giving Greece for Rafales.

Another thing what BAF has not thought about is the availability rate of the Eurofighters,
during a war half will be going through maintenance.
Absolutely those things are snowflakes, needs to be kept in temp regulated hangars... given Bangladesh’s crazy humidity I won’t expect more than half to be operational at any moment

Absolutely those things are snowflakes, needs to be kept in temp regulated hangars... given Bangladesh’s crazy humidity I won’t expect more than half to be operational at any moment

This is the reason why PAF made the JF17, they are light weight multi role and easy to
maintain. During a war most will be in the Air defending the country.

India also has a big problem with the Su30 MKI availability rate.

This is the reason why PAF made the JF17, they are light weight multi role and easy to
maintain. During a war most will be in the Air defending the country.

India also has a big problem with the Su30 MKI availability rate.

Flankers are on a league of their own when it comes to maintenance required. Too many moving parts
That makes 128 missiles and with a unit cost of 2.3 million dollars that comes to around 300 million dollars.
I read somewhere that Meteor has a unit cost of around 6 million usd. Hence my post. I cannot find the source

but no 16 EFT it it

Speculation here

I think it will probably be gripen.
Either the total number of planes to be purchased is more or the money from the budget is less.
The source is not an official one. Its a draft

Last edited:
I read somewhere that Meteor has a unit cost of around 6 million usd. Hence my post. I cannot find the source

Meteor cost is similar to AIM-120D as it is being used by pretty much the whole of Europe and has been exported to India already.

Future confirmed operators will include Brazil, Egypt, Greece, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and even S Korea.

It will become just as widespread as the US AMRAAM and so have the same economies of scale.

Back
Top Bottom