What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Yeah that's what I was talking about...I've seen the contract paper. Perhaps this is what bd bought without weapons..not WL 2

What was in the contract paper? There are three tenders for UAV. Two MALE UCAV tenders and one UAV tender. The latter is for recce and artillery strike. So if the UAV you are talking about really comes then it should be for the latter one.

I hope they don't get any twin seaters , they look ugly af

They will need them for OCU.

Guys who would have dreamed that BAF would be buying Eurofighter only a few years ago. (And new build at that)

If true, then rejoice!!!!

This marks a significant shift for Bangladesh for a variety of reasons.

No matter what WESTERN fighter BAF purchases there will always be pros and cons.

But the key word here is WESTERN.

So lets hope this materializes.

Guys who would have dreamed that BAF would be buying Eurofighter only a few years ago. (And new build at that)

No matter what WESTERN fighter BAF purchases there will always be pros and cons.

With a purchase like this comes the training and support .I hope our pilots get training from the RAF and have a chance to participate in excercises like red flag .

With a purchase like this comes the training and support .I hope our pilots get training from the RAF and have a chance to participate in excercises like red flag .

Yes,

Upping the training to effectively employ these beasts is key.

PAF is a force to be reckoned with.

As the events of Feb 27 have shown.

Bangladesh can learn alot from Pakistan in that regard.
There is much to learn from PAF.
I suspect the EFT MIGHT have been chosen due to its range and kinematic performance over the Gripen (naval strike maybe?) . It will be maintenance heavy (double engines vs single engine argument). It will be better than any Su-30 variant in terms of RCS, EW, Availability rates, supercruise and armaments. I hope this deal is finalised before the 50th anniversary of independence.
Here's Hushkit analysis of EFT vs Su-35 ( as unbiased as they get and technical ) if you have time.

at the time of the video , Meteor was not fully integrated. The AMRAAM can be fired from the EFT and the performance of AA-12 is not good when compared to the AMRAAM.

Whilst nothing is confirmed.... would love it if they confirm it on the 16th in front of modi....

Last 2 years has seen BAF delegates visit UK multiple times.... fingers crossed... for me momentous descision after the subs and karisgas....keeping fingers crossed...

Why does everyone here want EFT?

Rather have gripen with TOT

EFT will only make burma piss in its pants. Will be useless against india. In any conflict all the indians have to do is Knock out these guys and there goes BD airforce.

I Hope after these EFT, BD will get atleast 2-3 squadrons of J-10 and/or atleast an armory of strike drones with TOT

Otherwise these EFT are just shiny toys.

Yes we will get the J-10s cause again their costs are much lower and perfect for replacing our flying coffins aka F-7s. And of course it's Chinese so making deals will be much easier , hopefully we will get J-10Cs
Whilst nothing is confirmed.... would love it if they confirm it on the 16th in front of modi....

Last 2 years has seen BAF delegates visit UK multiple times.... fingers crossed... for me momentous descision after the subs and karisgas....keeping fingers crossed...

I agree man I hope too , after this our next goal will be to start our Frigate program and find a partner quick and start building the infrastructure to support and build our next gen Frigates.

Yup, look like Bangladesh administration is piss off with latest China support on Myanmar over Rohingya issue. The road to KFX/IFX is getting bigger now

The nine countries, who had abstained from voting on the resolution in 2019, are: Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Kenya, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, Tanzania, Palau and the Solomon Islands. The resolution was adopted by a record vote of 130 in favour and nine against, with 25 abstentions, on Thursday, according to media reports.

The countries who voted against the resolution are Belarus, Cambodia, China, Laos, Myanmar, the Philippines, Russia, Vietnam and Zimbabwe.

Nov 19, 2020, 12:50PM
UN adopts resolution for urgent solution of Rohingya crisis

The United Nations has adopted a resolution calling for the urgent solution of the Rohingya crisis. The resolution tabled by the Organisation of Islamic Countries (OIC) and European Union (EU) was adopted on Wednesday by a majority of 132 countries voting in favour, 9 against and 31 abstentions.

According to the Press Release issued by the permanent mission of Bangladesh at the UN, this year the resolution has taken some new developments into account such as the provisional order of the International Criminal Court of Justice and the issue of disenfranchisement of the Rohingya and other minorities.

The resolution called for specific action on the part of Myanmar to address the root cause of the Rohingya crisis including granting them citizenship and ensuring safe and sustainable return to their homes by creating a conducive environment.

The resolution appreciated the government of Bangladesh for the humanitarian act of providing shelter to the displaced Rohingyas. It called upon other countries to support Bangladesh in its humanitarian effort.

What was in the contract paper? There are three tenders for UAV. Two MALE UCAV tenders and one UAV tender. The latter is for recce and artillery strike. So if the UAV you are talking about really comes then it should be for the latter one.
Yeah it was for army. So I think it's for recce and artillery strike.
after this our next goal will be to start our Frigate program and find a partner quick and start building the infrastructure to support and build our next gen Frigates.
Not happening before 2025 I think

Last edited:
Yup, look like Bangladesh administration is piss off with latest China support on Myanmar over Rohingya issue. The road to KFX/IFX is getting bigger now
I hope we can get KFX/IFX in the future. The problem is the American engine. We simply do not trust US foreign policy. Can they integrate EJ200 on the IFX/KFX ?
The only major Muslim countries that supported us with Aid and diplomatically during this crisis were Turkey , Indonesia (Jokowi visited the refugee camps) and Malaysia . At least we can rely on these countries to support us. It is essential to strenghten ties with these countries in defence and economic matters. We cannot become a pawn of either US or China in their game.

Back
Top Bottom