What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Ngl, I think BD with JF-17 Block III could take out most fighters in Eastern Air Command with the exception of Rafale, and Su-30MKI which aren't that numerous and could be taken care of by J-10.

I sincerely hope that during a conflict BD air force will use its army's MLRS to its advantage and take care of IAF air bases.

I doubt Block 3 is in the cards given everything.

Kinda exciting though because all this speculation IS based on the reality that new fighters will be bought.

Which is always a significant event for an Air Force as well as nation.

They would be vulnerable to interception from SU-30MKIs based on the Island.

Best get hold of cruise missiles and fire them from both submarines and frigates of BN. A barrage or so of 100 should shut down the base for enough time.
I don’t think India deployed su30 on the islands

No idea man.

Your guess is as good as mine.
I said this before and I'll say it again, J-10CE should only be an air superiority fighter and not have to do the missions that should be relegated to lighter fighters like the JF-17 CAS, OCA, SEAD, etc are all missions that are "extra" for the J-10.

I said this before and I'll say it again, J-10CE should only be an air superiority fighter and not have to do the missions that should be relegated to lighter fighters like the JF-17 CAS, OCA, SEAD, etc are all missions that are "extra" for the J-10.

I wish I had some formal education on this based on more than playing campaign based flights sims in my youth.

LOL.

I dunno, J-10 will only be good for so long (15 years at the most) before India acquires a fifth gen fighter that will absolutely hump the J-10 and everything else in BD. J-31 would last 30+ years and be able to do a lot against anything India throws at it for 15+ years.
Not really. If EFT is to enter service with j10 they won’t be humped by fifth gen Indian jets because it’s not like these products are at the end of life cycle. For India to hum supposed EFT and j10 they would need 6th gen jets that will bring emphasis on unmanned aircraft with much more sustained gloads and raw kinetic performance.

Not really. If EFT is to enter service with j10 they won’t be humped by fifth gen Indian jets because it’s not like these products are at the end of life cycle. For India to hum supposed EFT and j10 they would need 6th gen jets that will bring emphasis on unmanned aircraft with much more sustained gloads and raw kinetic performance.
Su-57 will absolutely hump both of those fighters. Defense analysts even think J-31 will outclass any 4th gen aircraft in the world.

U.S. military and industry officials believe that once the J-31 enters service, it will likely be more than a match for existing fourth-generation fighters like the F-15 Eagle, F-16 Fighting Falcon, and F/A-18E/F Super Hornet.
I wish I had some formal education on this based on more than playing campaign based flights sims in my youth.

LOL.
I just learned this from YouTube, and Wikipedia so I'm no expert either but learned lessons from USAF, and Soviet structuring.

Su-57 will absolutely hump both of those fighters. Defense analysts even think J-31 will outclass any 4th gen aircraft in the world.

I just learned this from YouTube, and Wikipedia so I'm no expert either but learned lessons from USAF, and Soviet structuring.

Yea I mean I admit to only have superficial knowledge of all this.

I wish I had a deeper understanding to think about and analyze these things in a more meaningful manner.

Oh well, I chose a different path.

main-qimg-9c0a87c766c3f67aef610807adf0434f

@Avicenna
This is what I mean by Hi-Lo, but in this case J-10 is Hi and JF-17 is Lo

Going to be a beast in BD service if it comes for sure.
J-10CE with PL-15 will be able to take out Indian AWACS, and tankers at standoff ranges and allow other J-10CEs to take out Indian fighters while using AWACS.
In this scenario even JF-17 would be able tear up Su-30MKI by networking and AWACS which would relegate Su-30MKI to the role of a blind boxer against a street gang.
web7-2017-3-j-10c-new-aams.jpg

U.S. military and industry officials believe that once the J-31 enters service, it will likely be more than a match for existing fourth-generation fighters like the F-15 Eagle, F-16 Fighting Falcon, and F/A-18E/F Super Hornet.

But su57 would first need to be exported into mass market for that to be a threat to the fleet. And as for j31... as soon as it’s solved it’s payload/ fuel load problem. I reckon it needs to be enlarged and that creates its own issues.

Back
Top Bottom