What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Heavy UAVs are an option, they could probably take out Indian bases at Andaman and return back assuming there was a sat link.

They would be vulnerable to interception from SU-30MKIs based on the Island.

Best get hold of cruise missiles and fire them from both submarines and frigates of BN. A barrage or so of 100 should shut down the base for enough time.

They would be vulnerable to interception from SU-30MKIs based on the Island.

Best get hold of cruise missiles and fire them from both submarines and frigates of BN. A barrage or so of 100 should shut down the base for enough time.
How about Russian 1000 ton ships with Klub cruise missiles?

Su-30MKI would have to detect it, wonder if there are stealth UAVs made by China that could evade interception even if it was a suicide mission.

How about Russian 1000 ton ships with Klub cruise missiles?

Su-30MKI would have to detect it, wonder if there are stealth UAVs made by China that could evade interception even if it was a suicide mission.

Weapons would need to be carried internally in this case and no UAV could carry more than 2 cruise missiles. You would need literally dozens and as soon as the missiles are launched they would show up on radar and even put the UAVs itself at risk of being shot down by BVRs fired by SU-30MKIs who would use their superior speed to close in and fire.

Best to launch from submarine and ship where they could stay out of radar detection till the last minutes as they skim the ocean to their target.

Weapons would need to be carried internally in this case and no UAV could carry more than 2 cruise missiles. You would need literally dozens and as soon as the missiles are launched they would show up on radar and even put the UAVs itself at risk of being shot down by BVRs fired by SU-30MKIs who would use their superior speed to close in and fire.

Best to launch from submarine and ship where they could stay out of radar detection till the last minutes as they skim the ocean to their target.

Only if SUs are in the sky at that point in time i guess...

100 roads to the same destination.

Each with its own sets of pros and cons.

Up to the shot callers in BAF.
I dunno, J-10 will only be good for so long (15 years at the most) before India acquires a fifth gen fighter that will absolutely hump the J-10 and everything else in BD. J-31 would last 30+ years and be able to do a lot against anything India throws at it for 15+ years.

I dunno, J-10 will only be good for so long (15 years at the most) before India acquires a fifth gen fighter that will absolutely hump the J-10 and everything else in BD. J-31 would last 30+ years and be able to do a lot against anything India throws at it for 15+ years.

Not so sure about that.

IAF procurement delays makes BAF procurement look like speedy Gonzalez.

Also BAF probably has a tremendous skills gap at present to even adequately employ a 4+ gen type.

I say BAF build the support needed both in skills and equipment to at least support a sizable 4+ gen fleet now.

Then look to 5 gen.

Also it appears adoption of 5th gen will be slower than in the past due to cost etc.

So J-10, F-16, EFT is perfectly fine for BAF at present and the foreseeable future.

I would however keep the BG and BGI around and eye the 5th gen types for possible replacement of those in the future.

Probably.

But difficult to say at this point when we have such limited public info.

But in theory yes.

Also inshAllah.
Ngl, I think BD with JF-17 Block III could take out most fighters in Eastern Air Command with the exception of Rafale, and Su-30MKI which aren't that numerous and could be taken care of by J-10.

I sincerely hope that during a conflict BD air force will use its army's MLRS to its advantage and take care of IAF air bases.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom