What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

BAF will not be buying ANY Russian fighters going forward due to US sanctions.
It will be a Western/Chinese mix.
Then better option is ….. For single engine medium category bird Buy J-10 according to BD airforce needs and requirements ….. This bird is not expensive BD-Airforce can have 80+ of them in 10 years without any extraordinary money (funds) ….
And for heavy look towards west ……. Rafal and EFT ,,,,,,, expensive yes but doable and right bang for the money spent ,,,,, pick one of them and start buying ……. China don't have any heavy(twine engine on sale suitable for BD)
@Avicenna

Last edited:
Then better option is ….. For single engine medium category bird Buy J-10 according to BD airforce needs and requirements ….. This bird is not expensive BD-Airforce can have 80+ of them in 10 years without any extraordinary money (funds) ….
And for heavy look towards west ……. Rafal and EFT ,,,,,,, expensive yes but doable and right bang for the money spent ,,,,, pick one of them and start buying ……. China don't have any heavy(twine engine on sale suitable for BD)
@Avicenna

I think there's alot of politics going on now which may be directing or restricting what BAF can or can not buy.

I also think there's alot if incompetence as well.

I think their WAS a plan to buy Russian birds as evidenced by the Yaks in prelude to this.

There were apparently rumors of a Chinese package including J-10.

But then the Rohingya issue exploded in late 2017 which changed the politics at play.

I think the West is making a play for BD and at the same time BD is attempting to diversify away from China.

I think the long term threat to Bangladesh (despite this current government's position) is India.

Myanmar is the short to medium term one.

So the sum of it all, is that the argument that BD doesnt need a strong armed forces is now null and void.

And Bangladesh isn't in some peaceful neighborhood where the armed forces can be neglected.

Politically BD needs China's favor.

It can not alienate India.

At the same time, BD has to protect its interests and have a balance to China.

The West had been attempting to bed India to hedge China.

And BD and India have close relations currently.

So its a clusterf&*k politically right now.

This is whats causing the delay in my opinion.

What is the correct combination?

I also think India is trying to push Tejas which of course I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

I say buy J-10C or Block 3 JF-17 AND ex RAF Typhoon or try for F-16.

Diversify your sources.

Have a leg in each camp (China/West).

And most of all keep India on edge.

I think there's alot of politics going on now which may be directing or restricting what BAF can or can not buy.

I also think there's alot if incompetence as well.

I think their WAS a plan to buy Russian birds as evidenced by the Yaks in prelude to this.

There were apparently rumors of a Chinese package including J-10.

But then the Rohingya issue exploded in late 2017 which changed the politics at play.

I think the West is making a play for BD and at the same time BD is attempting to diversify away from China.

I think the long term threat to Bangladesh (despite this current government's position) is India.

So the sum of it all, is that the argument that BD doesnt need a strong armed forces is now null and void.

And Bangladesh isn't in some peaceful neighborhood where the armed forces can be neglected.

Politically BD needs China's favor.

It can not alienate India.

At the same time, BD has to protect its interests and have a balance to China.

The West had been attempting to bed India to hedge China.

And BD and India have close relations currently.

So its a clusterf&*k politically right now.

This is whats causing the delay in my opinion.

What is the correct combination?

I also think India is trying to push Tejas which of course I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

I say buy J-10C or Block 3 JF-17 AND ex RAF Typhoon or try for F-16.

Diversify your sources.

Have a leg in each camp (China/West).

And most of all keep India on edge.
I wouldn't be so sure. Myanmar remains a threat as long as the rohingyas are not getting out BD and the rohingyas are staying in BD for more several years to come, taking into consideration our foreign policy and continuous failures in carrying out the repatriation process.

You buy weapons today,train over them and fight tomorrow.
If BD even sigs contract for anything today,it won't be an impact factor before 2030,citing training and numbers.

Well you can expect something from BAF chief's last two tours in Russia and China. Especially from Russia tour. The news indicates that.

upload_2019-9-22_21-10-41.png

https://www.ispr.gov.bd/en/air-chief-returns-home-from-russia/

I wouldn't be so sure. Myanmar remains a threat as long as the rohingyas are not getting out BD and the rohingyas are staying in BD for more several years to come, taking into consideration our foreign policy and continuous failures in carrying out the repatriation process.

yes I agree with you.

As long as the present govt in Myanmar is there they will be a problem.

no good things can come from a country once ruled by something called SLORC.

yes I agree with you.

As long as the present govt in Myanmar is there they will be a problem.

no good things can come from a country once ruled by something called SLORC.
It's SPDC. State peace and development council. But I don't think it's the fault of the military government. If today Myanmar becomes a democratic country, still they won't take these rohingyas. The general people of Myanmar hates them like nothing. No government will take the risk of letting the rohingyas to live in Myanmar because it will go against the interest of the common Burmese people.

Even in social medias you can see the amount of hate the common Burmese people have for the rohingyas. So I wouldn't blame the government.

It's SPDC. State peace and development council. But I don't think it's the fault of the military government. If today Myanmar becomes a democratic country, still they won't take these rohingyas. The general people of Myanmar hates them like nothing. No government will take the risk of letting the rohingyas to live in Myanmar because it will go against the interest of the common Burmese people.

Even in social medias you can see the amount of hate the common Burmese people have for the rohingyas. So I wouldn't blame the government.
You're essentially defending a barbaric savage junta that has committed massacre, rape & other atrocities on it's own countrymen.Shame on you!
By your logic(?!) we can't blame the BJP & RSS for the lynching of Indian Muslims because many common Indians hate them.
404 logic not found.

You're essentially defending a barbaric savage junta that has committed massacre, rape & other atrocities on it's own countrymen.Shame on you!
By your logic(?!) we can't blame the BJP & RSS for the lynching of Indian Muslims because many common Indians hate them.
404 logic not found.
A government is a reflection of its people. Surely common Indians are now more xenophobic than before that's why BJP is in power. Just last month a customer refused to take a food order from a Muslim delivery boy because of his faith and that customer was not a RSS member. Likewise many islamophobic incidents In India are perpetrated by common people and not RSS.

Like I told you. Explore the social medias and see for yourself.

404 logic not found.

Please see this and judge.

A government is a reflection of its people. Surely common Indians are now more xenophobic than before that's why BJP is in power. Just last month a customer refused to take a food order from a Muslim delivery boy because of his faith and that customer was not a RSS member. Likewise many islamophobic incidents In India are perpetrated by common people and not RSS.

Like I told you. Explore the social medias and see for yourself.

Please see this and judge.

Please do not use pretty words to deviate from the issue in hand.Whatever the common people thinks, is it not the duty of a government to ensure the protection & freedom of it's citizen?
And even if the common Burmese hate Rohingyas, does it give the military a right to rape, kill, torture & expell them?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom