What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

It is obvious you are not close to Bangladesh armed forces opinion-leaders. Whatever opinion you express is yours only. Please stop saying 'we' like you represent our armed forces - it is misleading. If you want to be a fifth columnist, have the courage to declare it openly.

War-fighting doctrine is a complex subject - it requires careful study of historical wars/battles. I would not offer this type of cavalier opinions on the state of our armed forces and their capabilities without sufficient expertise and knowledge. Nobody died and made you an expert on our armed forces.

You constant glorification of Indian military capabilities (in spite of having a Bangladeshi flag) is disconcerting to say the least. Most people would posit that you are a false-flagger Indian.

Lolz. If you call being realistic as glorification of the Indian army then I have no remorse mate.

70458884_483216872256020_2308903212066799616_n.jpg

https://dgdp.gov.bd/dgdp/AP_TEN/s_doc/3260.pdf

Lolz. If you call being realistic as glorification of the Indian army then I have no remorse mate.
Just stop bullshitting here with your continuous ignorant posts, please!! It seems you are kin of @Riyad. Do not try to derail the threads by posting unrelated points. People should avoid you.

Helicopter fleet on roll.....

Bangladesh Air Force (BAF)

70414816_486245211953186_2619050402603073536_n.jpg

70973588_486917981885909_5512094971089387520_n.jpg

8xMiG-29 of Bangladesh Air Force resting inside the hanger of BAF Base Bangabandhu (VGHS).

©Bangladesh Defence

70970726_487348198509554_7144170968632524800_n.jpg

HEAD-ON WITH HERCULES | The latest Super Hercules of Bangladesh Air Force has made her maiden takeoff from Tejgaon which is also their home unit, 101 Special Flying Unit
Four more C-130Js will join the fleet soon!

70171827_2420143438034168_8860504268788989952_n.jpg

BAF's latest recruit has been kept busy lately, conducting training flights and visiting Tejgaon for touch and go!

71172646_1241132922730282_1975654427532460032_n.jpg

Last edited:
Best bet was jf17 or j10 before mayanmur...

Now its gripen but dont be surprised if u end up with sanctions

So next option is rafale..but that is mighty expensive

Su30&mig29 too costly to operate a logistics nightmare unless you go big and create a full setup

Best bet was jf17 or j10 before mayanmur...

Now its gripen but dont be surprised if u end up with sanctions

So next option is rafale..but that is mighty expensive

Su30&mig29 too costly to operate a logistics nightmare unless you go big and create a full setup

Haha.

So then whats left?

It's actaully a very interesting situation we have here.

Haha.

So then whats left?

It's actaully a very interesting situation we have here.
I would go for J10/jf17
Bangladesh already uses chinese stuff like c802..so why reluctance with other stuff

If bangladesh gets an assembly line with full maintenance setup spares or weapon wouldn't be an issue

I think both bangladesh and myanmur are equally important ...Chinese will not take sides IMO

If bangladesh was worried about chinese influence than they shouldn't have been buying chinse frigates and subs..

Lastly in case of jf17 theoretically bangladesh can opt for hybrid Italian radars weapons (grifo and mica/meteor)

However that was 8 years ago... how open are chinese to this now is unkown..

Lastly gripen is something to look at

I would go for J10/jf17
Bangladesh already uses chinese stuff like c802..so why reluctance with other stuff

If bangladesh gets an assembly line with full maintenance setup spares or weapon wouldn't be an issue

I think both bangladesh and myanmur are equally important ...Chinese will not take sides IMO

If bangladesh was worried about chinese influence than they shouldn't have been buying chinse frigates and subs..

Lastly in case of jf17 theoretically bangladesh can opt for hybrid Italian radars weapons (grifo and mica/meteor)

Personally, I think there are some politics going on behind the scenes which is delaying the choice/choices.

I wouldn't buy anything Russian.

I would mix it up Chinese and EU/US.

So maybe J-10 or JF-17 Block 3 with a Western type ex RAF Typhoons?.

Short to medium term the threat is Myanmar but long term its India.

I think the politics of the equation have changed post 2017 however.

I would go for J10/jf17

Bangladesh is moving away from Chinese weapons gradually, the frigate program was supposed to have type 54 and everything was ready to be signed but then rohynga happened, China vetoed for Burma and most of what were to be purchased from them is cancelled.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom