What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

So guys, a quick insight. I met up with my relative who is in the Army. Asked him a few things while and he shared the following without much details:-

a) BD Army will be getting GMLRS. He has first hand knowledge of this and he said that the country of preference is Turkey. When I asked why not Chinese, he said they weren't happy with the previous MLRS they received from China. Needs lot of maintenance and has issues and overall, Turkish quality is better.

b) He said that a LOT of things have been purchased for the BAF. He wasnt willing to say much and diverted away saying that a BAF officer would know better but I did remember him saying "onek kichu kena hoye gese. Jokhon PM commission korbe, tokhon paper e ashbe". He didnt say the country of purchase or the timeline. When I insisted on if its coming within this year, he says "hote pare".

c) We purchased Turkish APCs recently and deployed them in UN mission, especially after the Mali incident when 8 of our soldiers lost their lives.

d) Talking about the Rohingya fiasco, he said that the Army was fully prepared for a conflict with Myanmar. Army assumed that it was inevitable. Many high ranking officials and troops had been mobilized to Ramu. It was all set but the govt. wanted to dialogue and not get into a fight initially as it would obscure the Rohingya plight in the Intl. arena.

e) Upon asking him about our army strength, he said "eito dhoro 3-4 lakhs", without giving any other concrete details.

So guys, a quick insight. I met up with my relative who is in the Army. Asked him a few things while and he shared the following without much details:-

a) BD Army will be getting GMLRS. He has first hand knowledge of this and he said that the country of preference is Turkey. When I asked why not Chinese, he said they weren't happy with the previous MLRS they received from China. Needs lot of maintenance and has issues and overall, Turkish quality is better.

b) He said that a LOT of things have been purchased for the BAF. He wasnt willing to say much and diverted away saying that a BAF officer would know better but I did remember him saying "onek kichu kena hoye gese. Jokhon PM commission korbe, tokhon paper e ashbe". He didnt say the country of purchase or the timeline. When I insisted on if its coming within this year, he says "hote pare".

c) We purchased Turkish APCs recently and deployed them in UN mission, especially after the Mali incident when 8 of our soldiers lost their lives.

d) Talking about the Rohingya fiasco, he said that the Army was fully prepared for a conflict with Myanmar. Army assumed that it was inevitable. Many high ranking officials and troops had been mobilized to Ramu. It was all set but the govt. wanted to dialogue and not get into a fight initially as it would obscure the Rohingya plight in the Intl. arena.

e) Upon asking him about our army strength, he said "eito dhoro 3-4 lakhs", without giving any other concrete details.
মনে শান্তি পেলাম ভাই। এতটাও বেহাল অবস্থা না আমাদের...

so,for army kasirga(type-B) is confirmed....nd army also confirmed it at defence hardware show...nd BAF er lot of things bolte MRSAM,ucav,c-130 eigula bujhiyechhn mone hoy :D:D

Are we sure this is credible? I mean I guess we'll have to wait until its official to see if its true

Im not sure Bangladesh seems to be a bit to docile, If it were true wouldn't they at least try to be a bit more aggressive?

I think BD is gonna buy more stuff eventually.

Give them a chance.

I also get frustrated sometimes with the lack of apparent action.

But all we can do is wait.

মনে শান্তি পেলাম ভাই। এতটাও বেহাল অবস্থা না আমাদের...
Are we sure this is credible? I mean I guess we'll have to wait until its official to see if its true
I think BD is gonna buy more stuff eventually.

Give them a chance.

I also get frustrated sometimes with the lack of apparent action.

But all we can do is wait.

so,for army kasirga(type-B) is confirmed....nd army also confirmed it at defence hardware show...nd BAF er lot of things bolte MRSAM,ucav,c-130 eigula bujhiyechhn mone hoy :D:D

The news is reliable. Point is, you will only get so much out from an active member of the BD military, given how tight lipped they are. These things will never come in the media unless and until instructed from the top brass in the military.

Another thing is while talking about the Rohingya incident, he causally mentioned that our navy is light years ahead of our eastern neighbour. There is absolutely no comparison. He mentioned that the development curve our navy saw in last 10 years in unprecedented.

Talking about being aggressive, we need to define was 'aggressive' is. Is it in the sense that BD picks a fight? Or in the sense of massive military build-up? We have to remember that, regardless of the Rohingya fiasco, our foreign policy has always been staying calm and collected and not pick a fight unless all channels have been exhausted. I doubt this will change even with the Rohingya incident. At the end of the day, Myanmar didnt fire a bullet at BD and thus BD has no reason to hit back militarily. Many people dont like this fact and want to go into a conflict cuz its 'cool' or means 'showing your balls', but that's not how it works.

Toys are coming, that are sure. Knowing BD and how slow everything is there, this is normal. We are not in a state of war, so we can take our own sweet time. Plus these purchases depend a lot on the govt. mood and how and when they want to commission it. So blaming Military brass always doesnt work either. I get frustrated too sometimes, mainly on BAF but that's about it. End of the day, we gotta wait.

) He said that a LOT of things have been purchased for the BAF. He wasnt willing to say much and diverted away saying that a BAF officer would know better but I did remember him saying "onek kichu kena hoye gese. Jokhon PM commission korbe, tokhon paper e ashbe". He didnt say the country of purchase or the timeline. When I insisted on if its coming within this year, he says "hote pare".
he probably meant those UAV and the c130s not the fighter jets... because that would have definitely been known by the international media
can't wait to see one of these in the aircraft museum

The news is reliable. Point is, you will only get so much out from an active member of the BD military, given how tight lipped they are. These things will never come in the media unless and until instructed from the top brass in the military.

Another thing is while talking about the Rohingya incident, he causally mentioned that our navy is light years ahead of our eastern neighbour. There is absolutely no comparison. He mentioned that the development curve our navy saw in last 10 years in unprecedented.

Talking about being aggressive, we need to define was 'aggressive' is. Is it in the sense that BD picks a fight? Or in the sense of massive military build-up? We have to remember that, regardless of the Rohingya fiasco, our foreign policy has always been staying calm and collected and not pick a fight unless all channels have been exhausted. I doubt this will change even with the Rohingya incident. At the end of the day, Myanmar didnt fire a bullet at BD and thus BD has no reason to hit back militarily. Many people dont like this fact and want to go into a conflict cuz its 'cool' or means 'showing your balls', but that's not how it works.

Toys are coming, that are sure. Knowing BD and how slow everything is there, this is normal. We are not in a state of war, so we can take our own sweet time. Plus these purchases depend a lot on the govt. mood and how and when they want to commission it. So blaming Military brass always doesnt work either. I get frustrated too sometimes, mainly on BAF but that's about it. End of the day, we gotta wait.
Listen, Bangladesh and Myanmar should stop the arms race and focus more on developing other sectors like education, infrastructure and economy. Army, military gadgets, nuclear weapons is bullshit. Look at Malaysia, they don't have a powerful military but still they are well developed with a powerful economy and better education system. On the other hand Pakistan and North Korea are nuclear armed states, have a powerful army but they are economically backward, have a poor education system, have poor medical facilities and are not technologically advanced.

Common people of Bangladesh and Myanmar will not benefit if Bangladesh or Myanmar develops their military arsenal.

Listen, Bangladesh and Myanmar should stop the arms race and focus more on developing other sectors like education, infrastructure and economy. Army, military gadgets, nuclear weapons is bullshit. Look at Malaysia, they don't have a powerful military but still they are well developed with a powerful economy and better education system. On the other hand Pakistan and North Korea are nuclear armed states, have a powerful army but they are economically backward, have a poor education system, have poor medical facilities and are not technologically advanced.

Common people of Bangladesh and Myanmar will not benefit if Bangladesh or Myanmar develops their military arsenal.

I know. My post was not related to arms race rather just an insight from an insider I know. This is not a personal opinion.
Conflict during this development phase of ours is not the solution and that's why I back up the govt.'s decision to use dialogue and not get into a fight. It has kept our growth trajectory smooth and that's important to me. We dont have intentions to be a military state but rather have solid defence to foil any mis-adventures.

I know. My post was not related to arms race rather just an insight from an insider I know. This is not a personal opinion.
Conflict during this development phase of ours is not the solution and that's why I back up the govt.'s decision to use dialogue and not get into a fight. It has kept our growth trajectory smooth and that's important to me. We dont have intentions to be a military state but rather have solid defence to foil any mis-adventures.
No country should be ruled by the military. Military rule is harmful for a country. I know the army is patriotic but the army is okay in the battlefield and not in the parliament or in the chair of the ruler.

History proved that any country which comes under the control of the military suffers social unrest, economic downturn, spreading of extremism and xenophobia etc. Pakistan, Myanmar, North Korea are examples of how dictatorship and military rule can destroy a nation.

Dude, BD does not seen Myanmar as a peer as it's economy will soon become 5 times the size of yours.

Just think how much more powerful the BA and BN are over your equivalent - once BAF gets modernised you will be a cakewalk for BD.

Now let us get back to the topic of BAF.

Dude, BD does not seen Myanmar as a peer as it's economy will soon become 5 times the size of yours.

Just think how much more powerful the BA and BN are over your equivalent - once BAF gets modernised you will be a cakewalk for BD.

Now let us get back to the topic of BAF.
I expect you to correct your behaviour.I didn't provoke you so stop abusing. Either you stop abusing or I will report your account.

Back
Top Bottom