What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

J 10 is not available. If it was that available like we think we would have got them by now.

Nope. BAF has been solely focused on Russian planes till US sanctions came in.
Typhoon is a little better than J-10 but massively more expensive. BAF can buy either subject to how much government gives them.

How many of them could they buy?

Lots as they are relatively cheap to buy and operate. The training, bombs and missiles
would be cheaper than Western fighters.
My estimate is that BD can buy 40 over the next 5 years.

J 10 is not available. If it was that available like we think we would have got them by now. Forget AESA, PL15 etcetra. China gains nothing by upsetting India nor it has any interest in upsetting the statas quo vis a vis the bamars.
nah it is and the plan was get russian and chinese until russian's introduced the clause.... for now though... it seems like we are nowhere

Guys exclusive pic of new BAF fighter.

upload_2019-5-11_12-47-20.png

J 10 is not available. If it was that available like we think we would have got them by now. Forget AESA, PL15 etcetra. China gains nothing by upsetting India nor it has any interest in upsetting the statas quo vis a vis the bamars.

Well of Russian option is truly blocked I don't think we have any other option in the twin engine strike segment.

BD needs to be realistic..... in our conflicts china and russia seems fairly unreliable partner.... if so pivot westward as far as BAF is considered

I always credit western countries for Bangladeshs current prosperity and we try to emulate them! So, in my pov our security establishments should be pro west too.

Our prosperity relies with western democratic countries. No one can replace them...

BD needs to be realistic..... in our conflicts china and russia seems fairly unreliable partner.... if so pivot westward as far as BAF is considered
Exactly. China & Russia can't be relied upon anymore. Lots has changed since 17. Ignoring this new reality will be our hemlock.

Businesse? -Yes
Strategic Reliance -HELL NO.

Guys exclusive pic of new BAF fighter.

View attachment 559404
Simply.. magnificent!!!

Nope. BAF has been solely focused on Russian planes till US sanctions came in.
Typhoon is a little better than J-10 but massively more expensive. BAF can buy either subject to how much government gives them.

Lots as they are relatively cheap to buy and operate. The training, bombs and missiles
would be cheaper than Western fighters.
My estimate is that BD can buy 40 over the next 5 years.

I find it hard to believe that J-10 is not available for BAF.

I find it hard to believe that J-10 is not available for BAF.

I think it is available but post rohingya debacle we need to consider chinas reliability as a military partner.

What good is it if we can not use it in time of war.

In some ways BAFs ineptitude may have been a blessing in disguise.

There is no good option for BAF. All things considered western option is the only viable one.

BD needs to get its checkbook out and go western. There will be strings attached.... but against the simian conglomerate we can not be buying critical military asset from someone who is firmly in the enemies camp.

BD will not throw a hissy fit but I am expecting BD to diversify away from china.

The moral of the story is to develop own capacity, we have no allies and we are in a very volatile neighbourhood.

I think it is available but post rohingya debacle we need to consider chinas reliability as a military partner.

What good is it if we can not use it in time of war.

In some ways BAFs ineptitude may have been a blessing in disguise.

There is no good option for BAF. All things considered western option is the only viable one.

BD needs to get its checkbook out and go western. There will be strings attached.... but against the simian conglomerate we can not be buying critical military asset from someone who is firmly in the enemies camp.

BD will not throw a hissy fit but I am expecting BD to diversify away from china.

The moral of the story is to develop own capacity, we have no allies and we are in a very volatile neighbourhood.

I don't think everything is finished with China after the Rohingya debacle, politics and international relations are not a zero sum game.

If I were the PM, below would be my plan:

1. Get J-10 in high numbers from China with limited spare part manufacturing capability.
2. Get relatively large stockpile of spares parts, spare engines and ordnance.
3. Get it written in the contracts that BAF reserves the full right to integrate any bombs and/or missiles etc with the jets. Buy Chinese ordnance but also get missiles bombs etc from other sources like Turkey, Brazil, South Africa etc.
4. Buy a Western platform that has the least likelihood of sanctions. At this current stage the only westerns platform that will work is Rafale from France. Gripen with their US engines and other subsystems are sanction prone, any American jet is sanction prone, Typhoon is too costly maintenance wise and made by multiple countries which is problematic.
5. Buy absolutely nothing for the Air Force from Russia. Their weapons are shit and they will not go one step against Chinese dictate in this region, besides they have a far greater monetary interest in India.

Last edited:
I don't think everything is fished after the Rohingya debacle, politics and international relations is not a zero sum game.

1. Get J-10 in high numbers from China with limited spare part manufacturing capability.
3. Get it written in the contracts that BAF reserves the full right to integrate any bombs and/or missiles etc with the jets. Buy Chinese ordnance but also get missiles bombs etc for other sources like Turkey, Brazil, South Africa etc.
4. Buy a Western platform that has the least likelihood of sanctions. At this current stage the only westerns platform that will work is Rafale from France. Gripen with their US engines and other subsystems are sanction prone, any American jet is sanction prone, Typhoon is too costly maintenance wise and made by multiple countries which is problematic.
5. Buy absolutely nothing for the Air Force from Russia. Their weapons are shit and they with go one step against Chinese dictate in this region, besides they have a far greater monetary interest in India.

Your assessment is a food for thought.

BAF is in dire position and currently not fit for purpose.

The other option.... let BAF be for a little while .. build up internal capacity and deploy and stockpile a massive missile force like the iranians.

I don't think everything is finished with China after the Rohingya debacle, politics and international relations are not a zero sum game.

3. Get it written in the contracts that BAF reserves the full right to integrate any bombs and/or missiles etc with the jets. Buy Chinese ordnance but also get missiles bombs etc for other sources like Turkey, Brazil, South Africa etc.
5. Buy absolutely nothing for the Air Force from Russia. Their weapons are shit and they with go one step against Chinese dictate in this region, besides they have a far greater monetary interest in India.
I honestly like the Russian option, If Russian planes have been enough to keep the west in check for half a century, I think its worth considering, if things don't work out we can always have the J-10's as a plan B

Take the checkbook out and go Western.

Thinking long term, Myanmar is the main antagonist.

India is a remote and almost completely a theoretical one.

China and Russia are for whatever reason firmly in Myanmar's camp.

With this in mind, I would want the BAF to buy a western platform.

If BD wants to hedge then buy both Western and Chinese.

Russian options are nearly fully matured at this point and quite frankly done poorly in combat.

Also, as a side note, I think at the very least a J-10A export version is available to BD.

Take the checkbook out and go Western.

Thinking long term, Myanmar is the main antagonist.

India is a remote and almost completely a theoretical one.

China and Russia are for whatever reason firmly in Myanmar's camp.

With this in mind, I would want the BAF to buy a western platform.

If BD wants to hedge then buy both Western and Chinese.

Russian options are nearly fully matured at this point and quite frankly done poorly in combat.

Also, as a side note, I think at the very least a J-10A export version is available to BD.

J-10A is available with air-cooled AESA.
China will definitely sell that to BD.

Back
Top Bottom