What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

The production of J-10A and J-10B has stopped for a long time.

Refurbished J-10As with air-cooled AESA, upgraded electronics, SD-10A/B would be available for BD at the least. I do not know if China would sell J-10C with PL-15 though.

Refurbished J-10As with air-cooled AESA, upgraded electronics, SD-10A/B would be available for BD at the least. I do not know if China would sell J-10C with PL-15 though.
If China exports J-10, it will be J-10CE for sure.

If China exports J-10, it will be J-10CE for sure.

In your opinion, will China sell J-10C to BD with PL-15, as long as BAF puts in a sizeable order like 40 planes?
Of course it may not be exactly the same as what China operates.

In your opinion, will China sell J-10C to BD with PL-15, as long as BAF puts in a sizeable order like 40 planes?
IMO, while India has bought Rafale, and China focuses on 5th-generation fighters, J-10C and PL-15 for export to BD are possible.

Last edited:
You can have Pakistan as a reliable partner

Firstly you don't have a plane of your own to offer, JF-17 is Chinese plane.

Secondly, if a war breaks out with Burma, Chinese will take the side of Burmese and you too will take the side of China. So I don't think Pakistan will be a reliable partner for us.

J-10c will be sold to us if we want to buy, don't you worry about that. China is not the US, they will sell as long as we can pay.

Secondly, if a war breaks out with Burma, Chinese will take the side of Burmese and you too will take the side of China. So I don't think Pakistan will be a reliable partner for us.
During the Iran-Iraq war, China sold a large number of weapons to Iran and Iraq at the same time.

Well said.

Pakistanis think that the Jf-17 is their plane when they are China's junior partner in the project, and they are so scared of China they do not criticise them over the oppression of Muslims in china.

During the Iran-Iraq war, China sold a large number of weapons to Iran and Iraq at the same time.

You did not have direct interest in Iran or Iraq. In our case, you have direct interest in Burma, that country is another North Korea in the making.

But that's not a problem, we can still buy J-10 and just not count on it for Burma. For them we should get European jet.

You did not have direct interest in Iran or Iraq. In our case, you have direct interest in Burma, that country is another North Korea in the making.

But that's not a problem, we can still buy J-10 and just not count on it for Burma. For them we should get European jet.

Looks like J-10C(India) and Typhoon(Myanmar) is the way to go now.

US wants BD to buy US aircraft and so BD has no option but to buy maybe refurbished F-16s as it will not likely give Gripen E clearance to BD now.

Looks like J-10C(India) and Typhoon(Myanmar) is the way to go now.

US wants BD to buy US aircraft and so BD has no option but to buy maybe refurbished F-16s as it will not likely give Gripen E clearance to BD now.

Typhoon is not good for us, it's operating costs are huge I hear. It's also an air superiority jet, not multi-role like rafale or gripen. I say we go for Rafale even if it costs an arm and leg. We can afford two squadrons with installment payment if there is a political will. 2 squadrons will destroy burmese AF 3 times over without any loss.

Are you a Maulvi Bazari or something, if JF-17 was just a Chinese plane, why would PAF/PAC flying, marketing and displaying is all over the world.

Typhoon is not good for us, it's operating costs are huge I hear. It's also an air superiority jet, not multi-role like rafale or gripen. I say we go for Rafale even if it costs an arm and leg. We can afford two squadrons with installment payment if there is a political will. 2 squadrons will destroy burmese AF 3 times over without any loss.

Rafale is expensive to acquire and operate as well, although a little cheaper than Typhoon.

Typhoon is better option as BD has much better relations with UK and so can count on UK support - remember that the Typhoon is essentially a totally British jet with Germany, Italy and Spain being roped in for economic reasons.
UK would always support BD as long as it is not fighting India but Typhoon is for Myanmar. J-10CE can be brought to deal with India.

BAF would be buying the new Tranche 3A that is a true multi-role fighter and it can carry the UK Spear 3 anti-ship missile

Are you a Maulvi Bazari or something, if JF-17 was just a Chinese plane, why would PAF/PAC flying, marketing and displaying is all over the world.

Look at it this way:

China can build JF-17 without Pakistani help, can Pakistan say the same?

We are not exactly discussing the capabilities of respective countries here rather a product that is result of a joint venture.

Yes we are.

JF-17 is not a Pakistani plane as long as you cannot make it yourself. The comment was in reference to Pakistan being able to supply Jf-17 to BD. China has to approve as well and so cannot sell to whom you want.

Back
Top Bottom