What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

You guys are not stating the obvious.... how is Pakistan going ro be a reliable partner for BD given the JF17 has been sold to the monkeys.

In any war situation this would be a liability as chinese pressure would ensure that pakistan takes the sides of the monkeys.

Pakistan establishment may want to side with us, its people may want to side with us but real politic will win the day.

BAF is super critical..... we need to spend the money.... there is no other option. I would go with rafale if feasible..... french unlikely to screw us over because that is not their business model.

JF-17 is only a theoretical acquisition anyway as Pakistan has no hope of indigenising it without another 1-2 decades.

I would not be too sure about the Rafale as the French ONLY care about money as they did not sell JF-17 radar/electronics to Pakistan due to India baiting them with the 126 MMRCA contract.

If say BAF had a squadron(16) of Rafales and it came to war with Myanmar, would you trust the greedy French to not supply/assist BD if the savages daddy(China) offered a massive economic inducement of some kind or another?

At least the UK has some historical connection with BD and has always supported us since independence. Typhoon is now the best option as far as a Western fighter is concerned.

JF-17 is only a theoretical acquisition anyway as Pakistan has no hope of indigenising it without another 1-2 decades.

I would not be too sure about the Rafale as the French ONLY care about money as they did not sell JF-17 radar/electronics to Pakistan due to India baiting them with the 126 MMRCA contract.

If say BAF had a squadron(16) of Rafales and it came to war with Myanmar, would you trust the greedy French to not supply/assist BD if the savages daddy(China) offered a massive economic inducement of some kind or another?

At least the UK has some historical connection with BD and has always supported us since independence. Typhoon is now the best option as far as a Western fighter is concerned.

I just don't buy that because of some historical connection UK will be good with us. UK has historical connection with all countries in the subcontinent.

If the French won't play ball either then we may just have to drink the poison, F-16. Only uncle sam gives no fvck to nobody and does what he wants.

I just don't buy that because of some historical connection UK will be good with us. UK has historical connection with all countries in the subcontinent.

If the French won't play ball either then we may just have to drink the poison, F-16. Only uncle sam gives no fvck to nobody and does what he wants.
I second that, I don't really like any of the European or Chinese options, for me the way to go is just a ton of F-16's or Mig 35's

Typhoon are fckibg lethal in air to air concat. We don't need much ground ATTAck like Japanese air force which is optimized for air to air combat. BD air force will never be a aggressor which need prolonged bombing campaign.

Typhoon are fckibg lethal in air to air concat. We don't need much ground ATTAck like Japanese air force which is optimized for air to air combat. BD air force will never be a aggressor which need prolonged bombing campaign.

Tranche 3 Typhoon has a lot of air to ground capability. UK is making a brand new anti-ship missile specifically for it.

It is also better than Rafale in air-to-air.

Tranche 3 Typhoon has a lot of air to ground capability. UK is making a brand new anti-ship missile specifically for it.

It is also better than Rafale in air-to-air.
If we buy rafael we will have good opportunity in turkish uk fighter program too.

UK does not like Myanmar and so will support BD over it.

France simply cares about money.

In terms of total cost of ownership rafale and the typhoon are probably very similar.

Only reason i like the rafale is that it was designed to be multi-role.

UK is unlikely to screw BD over given its connection to BD which is simply not colonial. BD diaspora and continious people, business and economic relationship counts.

Anyhow all this is conjecture, only BAF knows what it wants and I worry that they are going to be making the wrong choice as they seem to have done in their entire history.

In terms of total cost of ownership rafale and the typhoon are probably very similar.

Only reason i like the rafale is that it was designed to be multi-role.

UK is unlikely to screw BD over given its connection to BD which is simply not colonial. BD diaspora and continious people, business and economic relationship counts.

Anyhow all this is conjecture, only BAF knows what it wants and I worry that they are going to be making the wrong choice as they seem to have done in their entire history.

I agree on the whole but BAF used to be a very professional and well-led force.

During the 1st AL term of 1996-2001, it wanted 27 F-16s. The US refused saying that the aircraft was not suitable for BD - more than likely due to the fact that BD was very poor at the time.
After this indignity BD put in an order for 16 + 16 options of Mig-29. 8 Mig-29s were delivered to BD before AL lost power and the new BNP government cancelled the remaining 8(pissing off Russia) and the options for a further 16.

BNP scum hounded the competent BAF leadership out and replaced them with retards and so BAF suffers to this day.

I agree on the whole but BAF used to be a very professional and well-led force.

During the 1st AL term of 1996-2001, it wanted 27 F-16s. The US refused saying that the aircraft was not suitable for BD - more than likely due to the fact that BD was very poor at the time.
After this indignity BD put in an order for 16 + 16 options of Mig-29. 8 Mig-29s were delivered to BD before AL lost power and the new BNP government cancelled the remaining 8(pissing off Russia) and the options for a further 16.

BNP scum hounded the competent BAF leadership out and replaced them with retards and so BAF suffers to this day.

Keep in mind.

BAF currently has about 35-40 F-7 variants and 8 Mig-29s.

So your looking at about 45-50 planes that need to be purchased at least.

What is the budget here?

Thats ultimately gonna determine what and how many are bought right?

Any guesses as to what BAF can spend here?

The Bangladesh Air Force is undertaking negotiations with the United Kingdom’s Ministry of Defence (MoD) for a further batch of C-130J tactical transport aircraft.

The BAF is set to receive its first pair of C-130J from the United Kingdom in the second half of 2019. At present the two aircraft are being refitted and overhauled by Marshall Aerospace.

https://www.bdmilitary.com/…/uk-offers-mrca-c-130j-to-bang…/

Keep in mind.

What is the budget here?

we are going to get second hand Euro fighter from Britain and Su-30 from Russia .

The Bangladesh Air Force is undertaking negotiations with the United Kingdom’s Ministry of Defence (MoD) for a further batch of C-130J tactical transport aircraft.

The BAF is set to receive its first pair of C-130J from the United Kingdom in the second half of 2019. At present the two aircraft are being refitted and overhauled by Marshall Aerospace.

https://www.bdmilitary.com/…/uk-offers-mrca-c-130j-to-bang…/

we are going to get second hand Euro fighter from Britain and Su-30 from Russia .
Is that Confirmed or just your guess?

Keep in mind.

What is the budget here?

Look, BD is not exactly that short of money as it has a defence budget of 4-4.5 billion US dollars a year as arms imports are not counted in the official defence expenditure.

The economy is also growing very fast(8% right now) and everyone agrees that it will stay good for a long time into the future as everything like exports, debt, infrastructure, political stability etc looks ok. BAF can buy knowing that it's budget will increase rapidly into the foreseeable future.

What is the fundamental problem is the ineptness of the BAF leadership to me it seems. There are always bottlenecks at any time but BAF leadership seems to not be able to get past them. If you look at the MRCA proposal form early 2017, it only had one supplier Russia that could fulfil the conditions and so not surprised that the Russians reportedly played hard ball with BD. And now BD is in a position that it cannot buy any planes from Russia without seriously annoying USA and so Russia looks like it is out of the picture.

China is unreliable as regards Myanmar and so the only real way to deal with the Barmans is to go Western. Has BAF been seriously considering Western fighters till maybe this year? You can bet absolutely no as the leadership to me seems to lack any strategic vision.

China would be useful against India but war is remote with them and BD would be in serious trouble if it came to anything near that. So buying planes from them is not an immediate priority.

As to the answer to your question, I would say 1-2 squadrons of Euro-canards and 3-4 squadrons of J-10s over the next 5 years is within BAF's budget.

Back
Top Bottom