What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Any Idea if BD Millitary is Credible?
On the matter of Fighter purchase?
No.

Keep in mind.

BAF currently has about 35-40 F-7 variants and 8 Mig-29s.

So your looking at about 45-50 planes that need to be purchased at least.

What is the budget here?

Thats ultimately gonna determine what and how many are bought right?

Any guesses as to what BAF can spend here?
$1 billion initially. This will expand over time. I think 3 billion over 5-8 years. We will still need a generous buyers credit though.

Last edited:
It seems that its just a ploy to make money, Make interesting sounding articles, to be able to read them force the viewer to pay Money.:what:
something is better then none :-). until now many of their information proved right .

Look, BD is not exactly that short of money as it has a defence budget of 4-4.5 billion US dollars a year as arms imports are not counted in the official defence expenditure.

The economy is also growing very fast(8% right now) and everyone agrees that it will stay good for a long time into the future as everything like exports, debt, infrastructure, political stability etc looks ok. BAF can buy knowing that it's budget will increase rapidly into the foreseeable future.

What is the fundamental problem is the ineptness of the BAF leadership to me it seems. There are always bottlenecks at any time but BAF leadership seems to not be able to get past them. If you look at the MRCA proposal form early 2017, it only had one supplier Russia that could fulfil the conditions and so not surprised that the Russians reportedly played hard ball with BD. And now BD is in a position that it cannot buy any planes from Russia without seriously annoying USA and so Russia looks like it is out of the picture.

China is unreliable as regards Myanmar and so the only real way to deal with the Barmans is to go Western. Has BAF been seriously considering Western fighters till maybe this year? You can bet absolutely no as the leadership to me seems to lack any strategic vision.

China would be useful against India but war is remote with them and BD would be in serious trouble if it came to anything near that. So buying planes from them is not an immediate priority.

As to the answer to your question, I would say 1-2 squadrons of Euro-canards and 3-4 squadrons of J-10s over the next 5 years is within BAF's budget.

So a full strength squadron in BAF is 16 examples?

So 16-32 Tranche 3B Typhoon is gonna be how much?

We can look to what Kuwait and Qatar paid for theirs.

https://gulfbusiness.com/kuwait-receive-first-eurofighter-typhoon-fighter-jets-late-2020/

Qatar 6.8B for 24

Kuwait 8.7B for 28.

Of course this is not just for the aircraft but it may give us a rough guage of the costs invloved with the latest type.

Far more likely for BAF if it does go the Typhoon route (still skeptical) is old Tranche 1 examples that UK wanted to phase out.

And definitely, if any Western type is purchased, either the BAF has to shrink or a second type has to be bought to fill out the numbers.

https://gulfbusiness.com/kuwait-receive-first-eurofighter-typhoon-fighter-jets-late-2020/

Qatar 6.8B for 24

Kuwait 8.7B for 28.

Of course this is not just for the aircraft but it may give us a rough guage of the costs invloved with the latest type.

Far more likely for BAF if it does go the Typhoon route (still skeptical) is old Tranche 1 examples that UK wanted to phase out.

And definitely, if any Western type is purchased, either the BAF has to shrink or a second type has to be bought to fill out the numbers.
I think a good idea would be to go with a good idea would be to get 1 squadron of typhoons an a lot of F-16s.

Qatar 6.8B for 24

Kuwait 8.7B for 28.

BAF is seeking a Single Engine Twin engine mix. Number of Twin engine won't exceed 24 (2 squadron).

Twin engine fighters won't replace single engine. They will purchase a single engine fighter to replace F 7. This is where Gripen and J 10 comes in.

So the final numbers are :

-12/24 Twin engine.
-36-40 Single engine.

S

BAF does not necessarily have to shrink if Euro-canards are brought as long as the economy stays on it's current fast growth.
The budget for BAF could be more than double what it is in real terms in 10 years.

Syed Abal Khan of BDMilitary is a complete cheater. None of his claims are credible. All false.

We need the Air force to at least buy a Murir Tin for our skies

Man I kind of am half wishing Bangladesh sells its soul to the US, just to see something happening, way better than wherever we are now

i remember khan talking about those c130s from quite some time

Yes he did. But for fighter jets, there is no fighter jet in the world he didn't talk about. Now whichever BAF buys, he will say "I told you so". He is a fraud and has no connection within the military, even if he did the military won't say anything about their procurements.

Yes he did. But for fighter jets, there is no fighter jet in the world he didn't talk about. Now whichever BAF buys, he will say "I told you so". He is a fraud and has no connection within the military, even if he did the military won't say anything about their procurements.
Yeah some of these articles are just ridiculous, I even saw one that would cost $100 to read :lol:

Back
Top Bottom