What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

img-1e0beac8fd6365dc10fb31d985df19a8.jpg
img-0521f94a76ba05f2c0dd5f8198403477.jpg

What fighter aircraft has Bangladesh officially ordered or has received this decade?

Cab someone shed some light?

"The UK further expressed its readiness to support Bangladesh with procurement of high calibre Multi Role Combat Aircraft alongside other modernisation programmes".....

uuumm, typhoon??:D:D

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...9Z33_jmBfSJvd1cCe1MEn23RxTM40l7syQEorTA6Ntdog

#DTB

Great if true.... but the typhoon costs more than the rafale which is apparently beyond the means of BD.

2 sqd of typhoon completented by chinese J10s would completely change the situation and we would be able to not only defend but comfortably take the fight to the enemies.

I would love to see the eurofighter in BD skies.... but i just dont see it...

"The UK further expressed its readiness to support Bangladesh with procurement of high calibre Multi Role Combat Aircraft alongside other modernisation programmes".....

uuumm, typhoon??:D:D

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...9Z33_jmBfSJvd1cCe1MEn23RxTM40l7syQEorTA6Ntdog

#DTB

Alhamdulilah!

Fantastic!

It's a start.

Great if true.... but the typhoon costs more than the rafale which is apparently beyond the means of BD.

2 sqd of typhoon completented by chinese J10s would completely change the situation and we would be able to not only defend but comfortably take the fight to the enemies.

I would love to see the eurofighter in BD skies.... but i just dont see it...

Gripen perhaps.

Alot of UK components.

Either way, good to see some interest in Euro countries selling to BD.

The language in this UK document was explicit as can be without naming names.

Alhamdulilah!

Fantastic!

It's a start.

Gripen perhaps.

Alot of UK components.

Either way, good to see some interest in Euro countries selling to BD.

The language in this UK document was explicit as can be without naming names.

Gripens production line is not extensive.... pricing wise although lower i do not think 2nd generation is available anymore..... sweden kept production line open for a bit and i think they are geared up for 3rd generation....the swedish are not rich enough to have multiple production line open.... 3rd generation gripens are not too far from rafale in cost...

Any how I would fully support BD going british to build up BAF.... given colonial links BD should push for the typhoon, a deal can be worked out that benefits both.

Gripens production line is not extensive.... pricing wise although lower i do not think 2nd generation is available anymore..... sweden kept production line open for a bit and i think they are geared up for 3rd generation....the swedish are not rich enough to have multiple production line open.... 3rd generation gripens are not too far from rafale in cost...

Any how I would fully support BD going british to build up BAF.... given colonial links BD should push for the typhoon, a deal can be worked out that benefits both.
pretty sure a barter agreement can be arranged if necessary... clothes/ spices/ pharmaceuticals and some cash

at this point. bd should get what it can't afford tbh. no point in not buying anything and have the economy tank once the adversary attacks the ports

I see more chances of F-16s or J-10s in Bangladeshi colours rather than any European fighter (although I see a lot of resistance from India to this approach).

Any reason why Bangladesh never acquired Mirages like Pakistan/India did? It could've built up it's own Mirage related assembly/repair facilities by now like Pakistan/India have.

I see more chances of F-16s or J-10s in Bangladeshi colours rather than any European fighter (although I see a lot of resistance from India to this approach).

Any reason why Bangladesh never acquired Mirages like Pakistan/India did? It could've built up it's own Mirage related assembly/repair facilities by now like Pakistan/India have.
when pakistan stacked up mirages... bangladesh was hella poor to warrant a well armed military... we just got handed down lots of f-6s from pakistan... but the Air chief at the time could care less to move them to dhaka and let them sit in crates in Cox's bazar when a cyclone hit the area and killed all the fleet
bd went to US for f16 after that but US told BD to concentrate on building a good economy, there's no reason a country like bd would need f16s
which is why we bought mig 29s albeit the next govt cancelled the order and tried to sell the fleet
basically our own govt. was agaisnt our air force.
Hasina is doing her best to get the air force back up tbh

when pakistan stacked up mirages... bangladesh was hella poor to warrant a well armed military... we just got handed down lots of f-6s from pakistan... but the Air chief at the time could care less to move them to dhaka and let them sit in crates in Cox's bazar when a cyclone hit the area and killed all the fleet
bd went to US for f16 after that but US told BD to concentrate on building a good economy, there's no reason a country like bd would need f16s
which is why we bought mig 29s albeit the next govt cancelled the order and tried to sell the fleet
basically our own govt. was agaisnt our air force.
Hasina is doing her best to get the air force back up tbh

Pretty much agree but Hasina needs to kick the butt of the leaders of the air-force on why they have not yet signed a deal for 4th gen fighters yet.
Idiots keep signing contract after contract for trainers but not for fighters.

pretty sure a barter agreement can be arranged if necessary... clothes/ spices/ pharmaceuticals and some cash

at this point. bd should get what it can't afford tbh. no point in not buying anything and have the economy tank once the adversary attacks the ports

Barter arrangements!!!! Clothes, pharma etc are produced and sold by private companies. BD gov do not produce anything and we have no oil. Additionally barter works only with the likes of Russia who have shortage of hard currency... wont work with UK..... thats a complete non starter...

No money and priority was to get the country on its feet economically post 1971.

I'm really surprised how slow Bangladesh's approach to modernising their air force is even today.

Even Iraq is now flying F-16s after what they've been through.

We dont have oil.

Back
Top Bottom