What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Yeah I know. But once Hasina is dethroned. You will see

That will not happen.

BD and India are so tightly locked in economically and politically that no sane future government in BD will do anything to harm India's national interest as that would only harm BD.

Yeah I know. But once Hasina is dethroned. You will see
Lol i guess u dont know about Indo-Bangladesh cooperation , barring migrant issue all other including land agreement has been solved with Bangladesh , we helped them with aid during Rohingya crisis , what Pakistan did to help Bangladesh again?infact Bangladesh has surpassed Pakistan in terms of development

I think when US urged BD to buy arms from them, the chances of BD being cleared for Gripen went to pretty much zero.
USA wants to bring BD under it's influence it seems.

Chinese planes untested?
Tell that to PAF who sent JF-17s to face SU-30MKIs earlier this year.
French planes are extremely expensive to buy and operate.

We do not really know what happened. You can not base such descisions on incomplete info.

Chinese planes are untested in my opinion. They are making progress but you can not hurry maturity.

Pre rohingya debacle i would have said go chinese and build up numbers which is a deterrant in off itself.

But a conflict is coming and we need to prepare accordingly.

Now all things considered russia was the way to go.... if that path is blocked i am firmly of the opinion that french is the least problematic option.

We have not bothered to develop things ourselves so at the mercy of weapon sellers..... every option is bad....we need to weigh things up and choose a path with least obstacles

We do not really know what happened. You can not base such descisions on incomplete info.

Chinese planes are untested in my opinion. They are making progress but you can not hurry maturity.

Pre rohingya debacle i would have said go chinese and build up numbers which is a deterrant in off itself.

Now all things considered russia was the way to go.... if that path is blocked i am firmly of the opinion that french is the least problematic option.

We have not bothered to develop things ourselves so at the mercy of weapon sellers..... every option is bad....we need to weigh things up and choose a path with least obstacles
You can buy from us

French fighters are TOO expensive.

No WAY TOO EXPENSIVE.

Maybe you can buy 1 Rafale.

LOL.

BAF like any air arm needs quality as well as quantity.

Politically, it seems the Chinese are in Myanmar's camp.

And you are quite correct in that conflict may be coming.

Like it or not, BD needs to court the US and source its weapons accordingly.

India brought 36 Rafale for 8.1 US billion dollars. That included training, weapons, maintenance and infrastructure.
I am pretty sure that the French would insist on BD buying 24 planes as a minimum - at a cost of likely 6 billion US dollars.
The Rafale also costs much more than a single-engine plane to operate.
BD just cannot afford to go French as it is a rich man's plane or a country like India with more than 1 billion population.
Gripen and F-16 are affordable planes for countries with small defence budgets and that is why you see them in the airforces of S Africa and Thailand.

Last edited:
India brought 36 Rafale for 8.1 US billion dollars. That included training, weapons maintenance and infrastructure.
I am pretty sure that the French would insist on BD buying 24 planes as a minimum - at a cost of likely 6 billion US dollars.
The Rafale also costs much more than a single-engine plane to operate.
BD just cannot afford to go French as it is a rich man's plane or a country like India with more than 1 billion population.
Gripen and F-16 are affordable planes for countries with small defence budgets and that is why you see them in the airforces of S Africa and Thailand.

Yea even Brazil ultimately chose the Gripen over Rafale.

Although of course we don't know the actual factors in that decision.

Going forward, I see the US courting India and to a far far lesser extent BD as a hedge against China in the
"Indo-Pacific" region.

There is a reason for that name change.

Yea even Brazil ultimately chose the Gripen over Rafale.

Although of course we don't know the actual factors in that decision.

Going forward, I see the US courting India and to a far far lesser extent BD as a hedge against China in the
"Indo-Pacific" region.

There is a reason for that name change.

USA just wants to make sure that BD and China do not forget the Rohingya issue and go back to relations pre-2017, unlikely that may be.
Getting BD into the US arms eco-system kind of guarantees that.
BD may not be a major player but it still is a player of some kind in the game of US-China confrontation.

Why and How is Burma your enemy?
those chimps are messing with us since the 2000s they have not learnt their lesson back in 2001 and came to challenge us at sea drilling in our territory... ran away and are now testing our patience time to time with their shenanigans

French fighters are TOO expensive.

No WAY TOO EXPENSIVE.

Maybe you can buy 1 Rafale.

LOL.

BAF like any air arm needs quality as well as quantity.

Politically, it seems the Chinese are in Myanmar's camp.

And you are quite correct in that conflict may be coming.

Like it or not, BD needs to court the US and source its weapons accordingly.
If we go for any european plane then it will be Typhoon through UK. They are our most trusted ally and at the time of war, you can get constant supply no matter you are able to pay or not. Weapons purchase is all about strategic relation not about which one is cheapest or most potent.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom