What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

I just said what I saw on Taiwan TV news.
you can't imagine my experience at that time.
Even now. I'm still trembling!!!!!

ad18e08b73addeb_size47_w600_h475.jpg

4ff59c831f04936_size62_w600_h512.jpg

“China build the Three Gorges Dam with 100 years.
Only one bomb can destroy the Three Gorges Dam.
Kill a million people instantly.
Shanghai will be flooded...”

I am serious. Bangladesh should consider the Ching-kuo. It's really powerful.

View attachment 555338

Ha ha :lol:

Renegade province should focus on diplomatic avenues than wasting money on fighters...

Not my quote - but a quote from an older friend of mine (former KMT member).

How will the Ching Kuo get to the Dam? And the PLAAF fighters will be sitting pretty meanwhile? :-)

The original Ching Kuo is an eighties platform (early early 4th Gen), and that too not potent enough. Even in front of FC-1 it doesn't stand a chance IMHO. Although some compare it to J-10, I don't believe it.

Now the new version may be a bit better with glass cockpit and everything (Hsiang Sheng).

Really not sure what you are trying to say here?

He may be indicating Supercruise or stealth features?

i've become near sighted from being around books too much.

sounds stupid but those who have had this experience can tell you

well could have got a LASIK, but mom was being stubborn about joining the airforce... and i would have to leave out a year to recover.... LASIK clients need to apply 6 months after it's done

LASIK surgery at one of the nicer LA clinics will set you back about $20,000 for both eyes.

i've become near sighted from being around books too much.

sounds stupid but those who have had this experience can tell you

well could have got a LASIK, but mom was being stubborn about joining the airforce... and i would have to leave out a year to recover.... LASIK clients need to apply 6 months after it's done

Which airforce were you going to join? You are not a citizen of Qatar or Kuwait, can you join their AF?

Which airforce were you going to join? You are not a citizen of Qatar or Kuwait, can you join their AF?
my intentions was to join BAF... dammit if only my father enrolled in the officer cadet training in kuwait airforce pre war... i would have chance of joining kuwaiti air force.

my father did get accepted in kuwaiti armed forces back in the day... true story
backed out at the last moment

LASIK surgery at one of the nicer LA clinics will set you back about $20,000 for both eyes.
yet the only reason keeping me away from this are the horror stories and the statistical success rates

my intentions was to join BAF... dammit if only my father enrolled in the officer cadet training in kuwait airforce pre war... i would have chance of joining kuwaiti air force.

my father did get accepted in kuwaiti armed forces back in the day... true story
backed out at the last moment

yet the only reason keeping me away from this are the horror stories and the statistical success rates

So if you can join Kuwaiti armed forces, do they give you citizenship?

Don't do laser surgery on your eyes. Specs are good enough.

So if you can join Kuwaiti armed forces, do they give you citizenship?

Don't do laser surgery on your eyes. Specs are good enough.
i won't be able to join because the rules have changed... but back in the days... yes that's how it was
my time is long gone... plus fighter pilots can't wear lens or spectacles
i'll stick to medicine for the time being

So, any updates on what fighter BAF is planning to buy? I thought something was to be done earlier this month.

So, any updates on what fighter BAF is planning to buy? I thought something was to be done earlier this month.

I would not hold my breath.

The idiots at BAF only planned to buy from Russia and with US sanctions, BD would not dare to buy from them.

I would not hold my breath.

The idiots at BAF only planned to buy from Russia and with US sanctions, BD would not dare to buy from them.

If Trump is serious and santions russia, BD needs to recognise the threat. It is more than likely that trump will win 2020.

BAF can not remain as it..... there are no western option without issue.... we either go chinese with chinese engine or go swedish or french.

Chinese are also on trumps rader...

I would go with the french. They maintain an independent policy and thus maximum flexibility. It does not matter that the indians have them. Thats my two cent...

If Trump is serious and santions russia, BD needs to recognise the threat. It is more than likely that trump will win 2020.

BAF can not remain as it..... there are no western option without issue.... we either go chinese with chinese engine or go swedish or french.

Chinese are also on trumps rader...

I would go with the french. They maintain an independent policy and thus maximum flexibility. It does not matter that the indians have them. Thats my two cent...

France is too expensive. They would be little better than US/Sweden as they only care about money - just need to remember how they did not sell avionics for JF-17 to Pakistan as the Indians dangled the 126 aircraft MMRCA contract to them back in the 2000s.

BAF needs to see the urgency and order 2-3 squadrons of customised J-10s(AESA radar etc) this year before the inevitable sanctions are placed on China as well.

Like I have said before, for cost and strategic reasons BAF needs to move to a Chinese and Swedish fighter fleet asap.

Russia won't agree with you.
Mistral-class assault ships...

Russia won't agree with you.
Mistral-class assault ships...

Who will pressure France on BD to such a degree as the Americans did regarding the mistral.....

For BD the french would be more reliable than any other western weapons supplier

If so, why can't other western weapons suppliers be trusted?

My rationale is simply that the french jets are mostly built by the french thus are immune to pressures.

Whilst US are swedish options offcourse will come with US political bindings.

BD does not have any allies and lacks leverage globally... it would be very silly to buy any weapons that we can not use....

My rationale is simply that the french jets are mostly built by the french thus are immune to pressures.
You are too naive.

Only the ones builded by yourself are immune to pressures.

And don't forget the S-400 deal between Russia and Turkey.

You are too naive.

Only the ones builded by yourself are immune to pressures.

And don't forget the S-400 deal between Russia and Turkey.

BD has started Indigenous arms production as it knows it can only rely on itself in times of war - Turkey(only country who would try to help BD for sure) may not be able to assist as it may not be able to airlift/sealift supplies in case of say war with India.
BN recognises this danger and is building an extremely capable Navy based around 8 next-gen frigates to try to keep it's vital sea lanes open in this case.

BD has started the process of indigenisation in a big way now - China is the major supplier of ToT for the BD home arms industry.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom