What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Are you a senior officer in BD military? if not i cannot take your word for it, sorry. give me a reliable source for your claim. I give the janes magazine as a source for the claim that BD military only spend around $ 137 million in weapons. you have to do the same if you want to claim otherwise, bro.
To be clear, i am not insulting you guys, i just think that your military leadership is incompetent or corrupt or both.
lets keep that way :D

lets keep that way :D
ok:partay:
any more pictures of this event?

rel-09-1553449254510.jpg
is that a heavy machine gun? looks really nice.

we also have PF-98, on the other hand RPG-29 and Carl Gustov M4s are also coming ;) :partay:
Carl Gustov M4s are also good for bunker busting as well. we use it in Kachin conflict. you guys are really lucky that you dont have civil conflict.

have you guys decided on what to buy for multirole aircraft??

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/bangladesh-airforce-inviting-tender-for-8-mrca.480735/
this thread is from feb 2017. I haven't heard any news since then.
Here's my Honest advice guys, take it or leave it. you guys need to look into your air force generals or MoD
senior officers for corruptions.

Last edited:
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/bangladesh-airforce-inviting-tender-for-8-mrca.480735/
this thread is from feb 2017. I haven't heard any news since then.
Here's my Honest advice guys, take it or leave it. you guys need to look into your air force generals or MoD
senior officers for corruptions.
deal has been made, but can't say since there is no official declaration. One thing I can tell you, whatever is coming will create lot of headache in the region. Our defence equipment is getting mixed of East and West techs ;)

Are you a senior officer in BD military? if not i cannot take your word for it, sorry. give me a reliable source for your claim. I give the janes magazine as a source for the claim that BD military only spend around $ 137 million in weapons. you have to do the same if you want to claim otherwise, bro.
To be clear, i am not insulting you guys, i just think that your military leadership is incompetent or corrupt or both.

Dude, that figure is for internal weapons procurements.
Imports are budgeted separately.

Dude, that figure is for internal weapons procurements.
Imports are budgeted separately.
if you read the article i cited, you would know it's not true.
If you haven't read it, here is the summary.
In the Janes defence article, BD military budget is BDT 290 billion ($ 3.45 billion).
BD military budget allocates BTD279.1 billion for “non-development expenditure”, including military salaries and costs for maintenance and operations, and BTD11.52 billion for “development expenditure”, including military acquisitions.
so 279 + 11= 290 billion BDT which is 3.45 billion USD. the math adds up.

So unless you manage to create money out of thin air, there is no way.
And I haven't heard of any other military that are budgeted separately for import weapons from Military budget. you are welcome to prove me wrong by citing a reliable source.

Last edited:
In the Janes defence article, BD military budget is BDT 290 billion ($ 3.45 billion).
BD military budget allocates BTD279.1 billion for “non-development expenditure”, including military salaries and costs for maintenance and operations, and BTD11.52 billion for “development expenditure”, including military acquisitions.

And I haven't heard of any other military that are budgeted separately for import weapons from Military budget. you are welcome to prove me wrong by citing a reliable source.
[emoji1787][emoji23][emoji38][emoji3]

[emoji1787][emoji23][emoji38][emoji3]
https://www.irrawaddy.com/news/burm...HhyspAYFWECpFPduAPK6yQWW4f4jnPtRGVE5fI1R-Mqo8

Military Captain, Squadron Killed by AA Rebels in N. Rakhine

YANGON — A Myanmar military, or Tatmadaw, captain and his entire squad were killed during a clash with troops of the Arakan Army (AA) in a remote area of northern Rakhine State’s Buthidaung Township on Friday, according to military sources and relatives of the victims.:o::o:

By MOE MYINT 8 April 2019

YANGON — A Myanmar military, or Tatmadaw, captain and his entire squad were killed during a clash with troops of the Arakan Army (AA) in a remote area of northern Rakhine State’s Buthidaung Township on Friday, according to military sources and relatives of the victims.

Brig-Gen Zaw Min Tun of the Office of the Commander in Chief acknowledged that Capt. Chit Ko Ko was killed along with some other troops in a battle with the AA on Friday. He declined to provide a total death toll of army troops.

A long-time friend of Capt. Chit Ko Ko, Saw Lwin Saw, wrote a post on his Facebook page on Friday claiming that the crew comprised not more than 20 soldiers led by Capt. Chit Ko Ko was ordered by their commander to attack AA fighters in Buthidaung’s War Net Yone region situated near the border with Bangladesh on Friday.

The squad was unexpectedly surrounded on every side by AA rebels. In the fighting, his friend was hit with a rocket-propelled grenade (RPG) and afterwards, other government troops were not able to retrieve his body, he said.

Saw Lwin Saw said that his friend had been on duty in Monywa, Sagaing Region, but was recently summoned for reinforcement to Ann Township, Rakhine State where the military’s Western Command has their base. Some Facebook users took to the social media platform to criticize Capt. Chit Ko Ko’s senior commander for failing to supply additional troops while his crew was surrounded.

The Arakan Army (AA) announced battle updates via its website on Saturday, reporting that its fighters had fought with about 150 military troops from the Ann-based Light Infantry Battalion (LIB) No. 373 in the War Net Yone region, close to the border on Friday and that about 12 government soldiers were killed.

Dude you stupid?

Let us look at BD arms imports:

https://www.indexmundi.com/facts/bangladesh/arms-imports

2012 206,000,000
2013 662,000,000
2014 201,000,000
2015 625,000,000
2016 438,000,000

So we see that there was a total of 2.132 billion dollars over 2012-2016 which comes to over 400 million dollars per year.

Arms imports are SEPARATE from the defence budget.

no more pictures ;)
and that is ATGM Metis-M1 , bring your tank :D
MetisM+Bangladesha+army.jpg

Specifications

Weight
13.8 kg
Length 980 mm
Diameter 130 mm
Warhead HEAT tandem warhead, Armor penetration behind 900-950 mm. Thermobaric anti-personnel/anti-material warhead is also available.
Engine solid-fuel rocket
Operational range
0.08 - 2 km
Speed 200 m/s
Guidance
system
SACLOS wire

Bangladesh Army has received 120 units of this ATGM and 1200 missiles.

@Tagaung

MetisM+Bangladesha+army.jpg

Specifications

Weight
13.8 kg
Length 980 mm
Diameter 130 mm
Warhead HEAT tandem warhead, Armor penetration behind 900-950 mm. Thermobaric anti-personnel/anti-material warhead is also available.
Engine solid-fuel rocket
Operational range
0.08 - 2 km
Speed 200 m/s
Guidance
system
SACLOS wire

Bangladesh Army has received 120 units of this ATGM and 1200 missiles.

@Tagaung
Without proper air cover, infantry is just nothing.

Back
Top Bottom