What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Seems like this 'Dude' word is the hallmark of your posts. Do you use it this frequently in spoken conversation also?:)

It is as common to informal lingo (at least in the US) as 'bud' (US) or 'mate' (in Australia).

what??? do u really not think before you type? a bit of googling will show you, there are a million people who are displaced. And about 400,000 karen people who are 80% buddhist have to flee to Thailand as refugees.
you guys only care about one group of people and turn a blind eye to others.

P.S i am not defending violence against Muslims, I am just showing some people of their biases.

TBH, I dont think you care about Muslims. if you do, you would say something about Uyghurs in China.
so, either you dont care or just afraid of China.
I think you use Rohingya crisis as a justification for the hatred toward us.

No one is hating you.

But going by this discussion, your country seems to be one heck of a clusterf*ck situation.

I think peace needs to return to your country, and for that international sanctions against your country and especially the Tatmadaw generals are a necessity. Foreign Investments are propping up this de-stabilizing junta situation and that needs to stop.

56835608_403877103523331_7731357783282417664_n.jpg

Bangladesh SAM system options.

China- China offers a variety of SAM systems that could all meet Bangladesh's needs in SHORAD, and HIMAD roles. These are some that I think would work for Bangladesh at a fairly cheap price.

Long range air defense HQ-22- 3 systems should be procured that can each cover pretty much all of Bangladesh individually. Would help with Indian, and Myanmar aggression if need be. The HQ-22 (export version FK-3) is China’s new generation medium-range, radar-guided surface-to-air missile. It is a second-generation variant of the HQ-12, has a range of up to 170km and an effective altitude from 50 m to 27 km. It is relatively cheaper to produce than the HQ-9 and will form one of the mainstays of China’s air defense system, replacing the Cold-War era HQ-2. Command guidance/semi active radar homing guidance.

Medium range air defense Sky-Dragon 50- 8 systems of this should cover all of Bangladesh and would greatly help Bangladesh's air defense capabilities when it comes to medium range air defense.

Armament
4 missiles DK-10/SD-10A
Country users
Rwanda
Designer Country
China
Command and control vehicles
- IBIS 150 3D target designation radar
- One command post
- on reloader truck
Crew
Killing probability
>= 0.80
Detection range
130 km
Missile range
3 to 50 km
Missile altitude
30m to 20 km
Capacity of engagement
4 different targets simultaneously

Bangladesh has already mostly good SHORAD systems so that is not needed but I have one recommendation.

Short range air defense Sky Dragon 50- The Sky Dragon 12 is a short-range surface-to-air defense missile (SAM) system developed and manufactured by the Chinese Defense Company NORINCO (China North Industries Corporation). The system was unveiled for the first time during the defense exhibition in South Africa, AAD, September 2014. The Sky Dragon 12 short-range SAM system is designed for key-point and field air-defense of small-size military objects and areas against mass air threats, such as aircraft, helicopters, cruise missiles, UAVs and precision-guided weapons, as well as reinforcing 35mm AA (Anti-Aircraft) gun air-defense group coverage, forming the AWS2 missile/gun integrated air defense weapon system. This system is derived from the Tunguska M1 missile.

Sky_Dragon_12_GAS5_short-range_surface-to-air_defense_missile_system_China_Chinese_army_defense_industry_640_001.jpg

Armament
12 Tianlong 12/ SD-12/ FK-1000 missiles
Country users
-
a
Designer Country
China
Accessories
Ku-band tracking-guidance radar, electro-optic
tracker
Crew
Killing probability
>= 0.80
Tracking-guidance range
- Radar: 15 km
- Electro-Optic tracker: 12 km
Missile range
2 to 12 km
Missile altitude
15m to 15 km
a
Capacity of engagement
4 different targets simultaneously

Also, could Bangladesh purchase Ah-1 Cobras for sale from Jordan as a stop-gap measure until newer attack helicopters are available? 17 are available for sale as part of a massive sell off. These Ah-1's can be upgraded in America to carry the Hellfire missiles, and have glass cockpit, and better thermal camera. The life of the helicopters are extended by at least 20 years also. C-130 and two AC-295s for sale could also prove valuable for Bangladesh.

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/defense/2019-01-05/gunships-sale-part-mass-jordanian-sell

https://news.northropgrumman.com/ne...llc-and-northrop-grumman-begin-flight-testing

Last edited:
@BDforever
@UKBengali
@Bilal9
@bdslph
Do you agree with those air-defense choices or not? I forgot to ask any of your guys opinions on it but I thoroughly think a lot of money should go into modern air defenses.
agree with your planning and good news is BD forces also implementing it, 4 layers air defence systems.
GDF-009 skyguard has been bought ;), FK-3 is in the pipeline, we have FM90C, LY80D/E is also coming.
different kinds of MANPAD have been bought also.
And so many things are also coming :enjoy:

Does anyone know what multi-role combat aircraft squadron are being procured?

To ensure the security of the maritime boundary, government is procuring one squadron of multirole combat aircraft which will be based at Cox's Bazar airbase.

There are certain things that are best left classified and we should respect that.

Too many false flaggers in this forum fishing for info one way or the other.

Besides we can speculate all we want, but the decision makers won't ask us.

Back
Top Bottom