What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

I accept what you say. But we should not write off the russians. Chinese are progressing but russia is a bona fide technological power that is keeping the entire western union in check.

Mig 35 flys at mach 2.2 with better rader with a service ceiling of 19k whilst jf17 with mach 1.6 with service ceiling of 16k.

JF 17 is not stealth it can not evade rader. Dog fight i just can not see happening between migs and the bandars jf17.

It would be mig vs mig and mig 35 is better than theirs.

If BAF gets migs backed by Su .... just can not see JF17 block one doing anything at all. JF17 will only conceivably win against f7s.

Jf17 vs mig21 was a differing proposition.

I just can not see BAF not doing analysis on this.

However i agree with you... would have preferred not going with the russians. But a fighing force of twin engined jets maybe expensive but gives BAF massive penetrative and loitering capacity.

The upper range of speed is mostly theoretical. It takes a lot of gas to get up there as well as time. It’s not really relevant to most combat scenarios with possibly the exception of BVR with the advantage of more kinetic energy prior to launch giving increased range to the misslies launched in the faster and higher aircraft. But I am talking above my comfort level in the validity of that statement.

At the end of the day the Russian Air Force flies the SU-30SM and will fly the MiG-35.

Certainly if nothing else, what’s good enough for the Russian Air Force is good enough for the Bangladesh Air Force.

The upper range of speed is mostly theoretical. It takes a lot of gas to get up there as well as time. It’s not really relevant to most combat scenarios with possibly the exception of BVR with the advantage of more kinetic energy prior to launch giving increased range to the misslies launched in the faster and higher aircraft. But I am talking above my comfort level in the validity of that statement.

At the end of the day the Russian Air Force flies the SU-30SM and will fly the MiG-35.

Certainly if nothing else, what’s good enough for the Russian Air Force is good enough for the Bangladesh Air Force.

Thanks for your reply. I still doubt this news and numbers.

Given the choice is russian, chinese or western we are hardly spoilt for choice. Given the immediate threat that the bandars pose russians are likely the best partner in conflict.

Thanks for your reply. I still doubt this news and numbers.

Given the choice is russian, chinese or western we are hardly spoilt for choice. Given the immediate threat that the bandars pose russians are likely the best partner in conflict.

I used to be a real peacenik when it came to BD.

But this whole Rohingya thing and the vitriol from Burma makes me think Bangladesh needs to treat its defense more seriously.

I think the best path forward is to keep the peace.

Improve the economy and infrastructure.

And improve human development.

This ultimately opens up more options in regards to defense acquisition in due time.

I used to be a real peacenik when it came to BD.

But this whole Rohingya thing and the vitriol from Burma makes me think Bangladesh needs to treat its defense more seriously.

I think the best path forward is to keep the peace.

Improve the economy and infrastructure.

And improve human development.

This ultimately opens up more options in regards to defense acquisition in due time.

Absolutely. BD needs to play the game. It has to be economy that is the focus. Strong economy is what we need. A nation of homogenious 165m ppl is simply unconquerable.

The bandars are a minor headache. But as the economy increases BDs posture needs to be to always extend the hand of peace but always prepared to turn it into a mailed fist when necessary.

Did PAF actually used JF-17? Only credible evidence was that American AA missile from fired from F-16, so yes they used F-16. And shooting IAF Mig-21 was the only other thing with proof. The rest were pure BS and propaganda. Also how did you came to that conclusion? these two haven't meet each others yet.

Even if they plan about it it will take years. AVIC still hasn't started full production of FC-31. After strengthening BAF's fire-power, lets say after 2025 they can also start considering about 5th gen. Hopefully by that time Turkish and Korean 5th gen fighter jet project will be completed including Chinese and Russian ones.

Another made up BS claim? Su-57 maybe totally not on par with F-22 but how it's not better than F-35 or J-20? The F-35 can't internally carry more weapons than Su-57, the only advantage it has is it's technological edge.

Didn't US refuse to share their F-22 tech with Japs?
They’re considering selling it so that US wouldn’t have to spent a dime in development cost for upgraded component

So, has there been any confirmation on what BAF is buying?

So, has there been any confirmation on what BAF is buying?

Nope.

Nothing official.

Just rumblings from UAC that some sort of activity is going on.

No concrete numbers or specific type or types.

অস্ট্রেলিয়ার Trakkabeam Company বাংলাদেশ বিমানবাহিনীর মেরিটাইম সার্চ এন্ড রেসকিউ হেলিকপ্টার AW-139 এর জন্য A800 STC সার্চ লাইট এবং Power Control Interface Unit (PCIU) ও Trakka Control Pannel এর ডেলিভারি দিয়েছে (প্রথম ছবি)

এগুলো বাংলাদেশ বিমানবাহিনীর AW-139 হেলিকপ্টারগুলোতে ইউজ করা হবে।এছাড়া বাংলাদেশ নৌবাহিনীর AW-109 হেলিকপ্টারেও এই সার্চলাইট ইউজ করা হয়।

একইসাথে বিমানবাহিনী গত ডিসেম্বর মাসে ডেলিভারি পাওয়া AW-139 গুলো অপারেশনাল করেছে।দ্বিতীয় ছবিতে আমাদের নতুন AW-139 SAR হেলিকপ্টার চট্টগ্রামের জহুরুল হক বিমানঘাঁটিতে অবস্থান করছে

See Translation

I used to watch these documentaries way back in the 90's.

This one is about the MiG-29.

Enjoy.

It makes me a little excited about the prospect of MiG-35 coming.

32 mig 35 and 12 su 30...! :omghaha:
Are you guys trolling or serious. I dont think Bangladesh military budget can afford that.
In my opinion, 8-12 aircraft of 4+ generation is more likely to be possible.

32 mig 35 and 12 su 30...! :omghaha:
Are you guys trolling or serious. I dont think Bangladesh military budget can afford that.
In my opinion, 8-12 aircraft of 4+ generation is more likely to be possible.
with your around $ 2.5 billion budget, you can afford jf17, su30 etc but we can't with bigger budget ! ! !:o::rofl:

with your around $ 2.5 billion budget, you can afford jf17, su30 etc but we can't with bigger budget ! ! !:o::rofl:
it is true that you guys have more budget, i think it is about $ 3.9 billion, but most of it you spend is on personals and generals,
that is why you guys only spend around 11.52 billion Bangladesh taka or $ 137 million on military acquisitions.
while we spend around 33% of $ 2.3 billion on procurement and operation, so about 750 million dollars on weapons.:guns:

source
https://www.janes.com/article/80793/bangladesh-announces-usd3-45-billion-defence-budget

TBH, i wish our military to spend more on personal to make our soldiers lives a bit more better.

it is true that you guys have more budget, i think it is about $ 3.9 billion, but most of it you spend is on personals and generals,
that is why you guys only spend around 11.52 billion Bangladesh taka or $ 137 million on military acquisitions.
while we spend around 33% of $ 2.3 billion on procurement and operation, so about 750 million dollars on weapons.:guns:

source
https://www.janes.com/article/80793/bangladesh-announces-usd3-45-billion-defence-budget

TBH, i wish our military to spend more on personal to make our soldiers lives a bit more better.
yes we spend good amount on personal but does not mean we spend more than $3.5 billion USD :lol:
it is tricky budgeting, like it includes training, new bases etc and whatever left goes to procurement and later adjusted increased budget allocated if needed :D
give you simple examples, you can't buy 16 yak130 with that procurement budgets or buy 2 C13B corvette (type056 version), BDarmy also earn from UN mission as well as from Kuwait govt and now from Saudi govt. for our military bases there as well as they participate in different govt. infrastructural projects, so you can assume our defence budget is around $4.5 billion and you can split 60% for procurement and rest 40% for other stuffs.

yes we spend good amount on personal but does not mean we spend more than $3.5 billion USD :lol:
it is tricky budgeting, like it includes training, new bases etc and whatever left goes to procurement and later adjusted increased budget allocated if needed :D
give you simple examples, you can't buy 16 yak130 with that procurement budgets or buy 2 C13B corvette (type056 version), BDarmy also earn from UN mission as well as from Kuwait govt and now from Saudi govt. for our military bases there as well as they participate in different govt. infrastructural projects, so you can assume our defence budget is around $4.5 billion and you can split 60% for procurement and rest 40% for other stuffs.
Are you a senior officer in BD military? if not i cannot take your word for it, sorry. give me a reliable source for your claim. I give the janes magazine as a source for the claim that BD military only spend around $ 137 million in weapons. you have to do the same if you want to claim otherwise, bro.
To be clear, i am not insulting you guys, i just think that your military leadership is incompetent or corrupt or both.

Back
Top Bottom