What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Yes it is part of the plan.

But let me ask you.

Politically, does Russia bring anything to the table?

Or is this just transactional in nature?

Their interest is long term arms business, they want more of our defense dollars vis-a-vis China. I believe at some point they may be planning to offer us the non-nuclear LADA or AMUR class (project 677) as well, which is smaller and cheaper than the KILO class. Quieter as well. :-)

But more later in the Navy section. :-)

Wait, this is what they meant when they said, "next fighter will be cost effective"??!! Their operational cost is higher than J-10/Gripen. And more important question is why they are putting all eggs in one basket. Weird!! :undecided: Why not buy one from Russsian and another from Chinese or Western. I hope Turkey and Korea will complete their fighter project soon so that we won't have to rely on West or Russia/China for fighter in future.

no AESA.

no TVC.

Zhuk-A/AE AESA radar and optional TVC. It's not like TVC is always necessary.

remember the khulna shipyard deal and how it was called off

I don't know this story. What happened?

Wait, this is what they meant when they said, "next fighter will be cost effective"??!! Their operational cost is higher than J-10/Gripen. And more important question is why they are putting all eggs in one basket. Weird!! :undecided: Why not buy one from Russsian and another from Chinese or Western. I hope Turkey and Korea will complete their fighter project soon so that we won't have to rely on West or Russia/China for fighter in future.

Zhuk-A/AE AESA radar and optional TVC. It's not like TVC is always necessary.

BAF are a bunch of muppets.

If they go completely Russian, its the same as going completely Chinese.

You're held hostage.

Do a split buy from 2 different sources.

Damn man.

Also, I don't need TVC.

But I really need a GOOD AESA.

Su-35 is overkill at this time.

Just look at how it floats....

it's not going to be 8 mig 35 and 4 su-30... that doesn't make sense especially when you think of training maintenance crew and infrastructure and spares.
most like 16 migs and 8 sukhois with 4 optional

I agree it does not. But given BAF history they are a paper tiger without pretense. Assets would be bought to tick boxes rather than developing capabilities.

I personally would have gone chinese irrespective of the problems with the monkeys and would have gone in numbers.

Looking at Migs simply displays lack of long term planning.

Its just me but as i have said before BD should develop a potent missile capability before wasting money on BAF. They are only a logistic unit with a bloated management structure. They do not add anything to national defense.

I agree it does not. But given BAF history they are a paper tiger without pretense. Assets would be bought to tick boxes rather than developing capabilities.

I personally would have gone chinese irrespective of the problems with the monkeys and would have gone in numbers.

Its just me but as i have said before BD should develop a potent missile capability before wasting money on BAF. They are only a logistic unit with a bloated management structure. They do not add anything to national defense.

I think buying Russian is betting on the wrong horse here.

Russian aviation is on its way down.

Chinese aviation on the other hand is on its way up.

True. Russia is currently incapable of making a new greenfield design. The Su-57 is derivative of the Su-27. Russian lacks money to invest.

okay so i got confirmation that there will be 32 mig 35 and 12 sukhoi 30... first deal will be for sukhoi 30 and more yak 130... mig 35s will come a year later.... after sukhoi delivery is complete

MIG 29 deal was good, except what happened post awami govt.... that destroyed BAF for good.
BAF should focus more on anti aircraft guns than missiles... missile bunkers have been completed in Chittagong for LY_80.... new chinese GMLRS are on the paper with range extension plan to 800 or so km....

everything will be good if we don't deviate

Yep, I think it is no fluke that the JF-17 most likely shot down a SU-30MKI on February 27th. Simply Chinese radar and electronic technology is ahead than that of Russia.
As time goes by, China will first catch up with EU and may even equal US in military tech decades into the future.
I really hope BAF leaders are not so retarded to buy both Mig-35 and SU-30SME. SU-30SME I can live with due to massive payload and range but never Mig-35.

okay so i got confirmation that there will be 32 mig 35 and 12 sukhoi 30... first deal will be for sukhoi 30 and more yak 130... mig 35s will come a year later.... after sukhoi delivery is complete

MIG 29 deal was good, except what happened post awami govt.... that destroyed BAF for good.
BAF should focus more on anti aircraft guns than missiles... missile bunkers have been completed in Chittagong for LY_80.... new chinese GMLRS are on the paper with range extension plan to 800 or so km....

everything will be good if we don't deviate

100% for sure bro?

Last edited:
Yep, I think it is no fluke that the JF-17 most likely shot down a SU-30MKI on February 27th. Simply Chinese radar and electronic technology is ahead than that of Russia.
As time goes by, China will first catch up with EU and may even equal US in military tech decades into the future.
I really hope BAF eaders are not so retarded to buy both Mig-35 and SU-30SME. SU-30SME I can live with due to massive payload and range but never Mig-35.

100% for sure bro?
bro, i got confirmation from a guy whose friend is in the airforce and was present in LIMA. so yeah... this time the sources seem to be legit because bangladesh side is yet to release any information officially.... all info this time is from UAC representatives....

there is plans to make parts and avionics in bd with irkut technology.
and the pilot demand is high right now... there is a shortage of pilots and retired pilots are being hired in NCO roles.... most likely many pilots will be sent abroad for training... so don't be surprised if you see bangladeshi cadets in turkish, pakistani, russian, saudi, Kuwait, US or UK for training in various platforms like transport/ helicopter/ fighters etc

Why not buy one from Russsian and another from Chinese or Western.
the russian clause for su30 might have something to do with it

well, they wanted majority ownership of khulna yard and CDDL, which would help them to build their own ship their if they want

I believe the Yak 130's (Mitten trainers) we have, can be software-programmed to mimic the flight envelopes of both the MiG-35 and the Su-30SME, as well as the rest of the fighters in the current Russian inventory.

The Yak-130 was designed from the outset with that goal.

So - our buying the Yak-130 was part of the plan I believe.
you're exactly right... more yak to be ordered with sukhoi
bd if they plan to get su57 15-20 years down the line can still depend on yak 130
it's a good jet.... serving attack role along with training so yeah...

bro, i got confirmation from a guy whose friend is in the airforce and was present in LIMA. so yeah... this time the sources seem to be legit because bangladesh side is yet to release any information officially.... all info this time is from UAC representatives....

there is plans to make parts and avionics in bd with irkut technology.
and the pilot demand is high right now... there is a shortage of pilots and retired pilots are being hired in NCO roles.... most likely many pilots will be sent abroad for training... so don't be surprised if you see bangladeshi cadets in turkish, pakistani, russian, saudi, Kuwait, US or UK for training in various platforms like transport/ helicopter/ fighters etc

Ok. At least BAF will be getting these fighters in numbers and the Mig-35 will be coming with AESA radar which should at least match the radars of the fighters of MAF.
I am happy that BAF had got the SU-30SME as this fighter can provide support to BN deep into the Bay of Bengal and can also carry out heavy strikes deep into enemy territory.
If the BD economy stays strong, in 5 years time they can always buy another fighter.

Ok. At least BAF will be getting these fighters in numbers and the Mig-35 will be coming with AESA radar which should at least match the radars of the fighters of MAF.
I am happy that BAF had got the SU-30SME as this fighter can provide support to BN deep into the Bay of Bengal and can also carry out heavy strikes deep into enemy territory.
If the BD economy stays strong, in 5 years time they can always buy another fighter.
i'm pretty sure these two will be the only fighters for the next 30-40 years... maybe the pilot shortage is why BAF will get those SU30 and not the navy.... navy and army aviation needs to catch up

i'm pretty sure these two will be the only fighters for the next 30-40 years... maybe the pilot shortage is why BAF will get those SU30 and not the navy.... navy and army aviation needs to catch up

30-40 years is a very long time.
Remember BD is predicted to be the fastest growing large economy in the world till 2030. As time goes by, money will become less of an issue.

I really hope BAF leaders are not so retarded to buy both Mig-35 and SU-30SME. SU-30SME I can live with due to massive payload and range but never Mig-35.
100% for sure bro?

Mig-35 is a better fighter than any of the Chinese fighter made for export.
Russia will keep investing on military technology to keep parity with the USA. Thats the only way they can secure a vast country extended from the middle of Europe to the end of Asia. If needed they will mobilize entire of their population to military and they can afford it.
China still a long long way to go.

Mig-35 is a better fighter than any of the Chinese fighter made for export.
Russia will keep investing on military technology to keep parity with the USA. Thats the only way they can secure a vast country extended from the middle of Europe to the end of Asia. If needed they will mobilize entire of their population to military and they can afford it.

Russia cannot afford to compete with USA as their economy sucks.

Back
Top Bottom