What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

https://www.urdupoint.com/en/world/russia-offers-best-in-class-su-30sme-mig-35-577830.html

Russia Offers Best-in-Class Su-30SME, MiG-35 Fighters To Bangladesh - Aircraft Corporation

Umer Jamshaid 4 days ago Mon 25th March 2019 | 04:22 PM

pic_1553512939.jpg

Dhaka previously announced a tender to purchase eight fighters for its air force

LANGKAWI (Malaysia) (UrduPoint news / Sputnik - 25th March, 2019) Russia offers its best-in-class Su-30SME (NATO reporting name: Flanker-C) and MiG-35 (NATOreporting name: Fulcrum-F) aircraft to Bangladesh in a bidding competition, Ilya Tarasenko, the vice president for military-technical cooperation at the United Aircraft Corporation, told Sputnik.

Dhaka previously announced a tender to purchase eight fighters for its air force.

"Our countries have been cooperating for many years. The fleet of the Bangladesh Air Force consists mainly of Russian-made aircraft. We believe that our offer in the class of two-seat heavy and medium fighters of 4+ generation and this is Su-30SME and MiG-35 aircraft is the best in class," Tarasenko said ahead of the 2019 Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition, set to start on Tuesday.

Russian-made MiG-29 aircraft, Mil Mi-17 helicopters and Yak-130 trainer aircraft are used by Bangladesh.

This was the only other piece I found that mentioned something referring to your post.

If this is true in anyway...BD should on an emergency basis get 2.5 sqd of mig and a sqd of su-30 with an option for further 2 sqd of migs and a sqd of su.

However likely purchase.... 8 mig...4 su.... BAF are morons

Last edited:
If this is true in anyway...BD should on an emergency basis get 2.5 sqd of mig and a sqd of su-30 with an option for further 2 sqd of migs and a sqd of su.

I'm not happy at all about any MiG-35 purchase.

I don't see how this makes any sense.

A split buy of SU-30SME and MiG-35?

true, the way you say makes more economic sense because then they will be selling in the preciously agreed price

i'm not happy to have any air force without fighter jets.... or f7s for that matter

true, the way you say makes more economic sense because then they will be selling in the preciously agreed price

i'm not happy to have any air force without fighter jets.... or f7s for that matter

From some accounts MiG-35 is just a moderatly upgraded MiG-29.

no AESA.

no TVC.

Primary motive is for exports to keep MiG in business.

I don't see how this makes any sense.

A split buy of SU-30SME and MiG-35?
it's not going to be 8 mig 35 and 4 su-30... that doesn't make sense especially when you think of training maintenance crew and infrastructure and spares.
most like 16 migs and 8 sukhois with 4 optional

it's not going to be 8 mig 35 and 4 su-30... that doesn't make sense especially when you think of training maintenance crew and infrastructure and spares.
most like 16 migs and 8 sukhois with 4 optional

What's with the Russian love?

What happened to China?

J-10C would have been nice. (but more importantly, SD-10 and PL-15)

Perhaps things are not so well with China?

From some accounts MiG-35 is just a moderatly upgraded MiG-29.

no AESA.

no TVC.

Primary motive is for exports to keep MiG in business.
well the airframe is newly designed, it has higher service life and payload capacity compared to the previous mig 29s measely 2400hrs... mig 29 was designed to be fast replaceable disposable plates but this is more like what a mig 29 should have been... open architecture so add your own stuff and TVC and AESA standard however if you want to haggle, they'll have to go.... remember egypt deal? they later haggled down to mig 29s... which was stupid and would sting them in downtime and maintenance cost

What's with the Russian love?

What happened to China?

J-10C would have been nice. (but more importantly, SD-10 and PL-15)

Perhaps things are not so well with China?
well something leads me to believe they don't want to get into china's bed forever.... remember the khulna shipyard deal and how it was called off.... now they come with better offer that doesn't include chinese ownership of the yard
the chinese only have light and medium on offer... bd wants medium and heavy... and after india played some politics with the russians... their condition was get the mig and you can take the sukhoi... which tbf is not bad of a deal... we'll get part tot to make some spares in bd, especially things like rubber gaskets canopy etc for the migs.... the cost of maintenance will be less than the mig 29s

well the airframe is newly designed, it has higher service life and payload capacity compared to the previous mig 29s measely 2400hrs... mig 29 was designed to be fast replaceable disposable plates but this is more like what a mig 29 should have been... open architecture so add your own stuff and TVC and AESA standard however if you want to haggle, they'll have to go.... remember egypt deal? they later haggled down to mig 29s... which was stupid and would sting them in downtime and maintenance cost

well something leads me to believe they don't want to get into china's bed forever.... remember the khulna shipyard deal and how it was called off.... now they come with better offer that doesn't include chinese ownership of the yard

Yea legitmate points.

I guess we wait for official confirmation?

Which to me means something from the BAF or the manufacturers.

Yea legitmate points.

I guess we wait for official confirmation?

Which to me means something from the BAF or the manufacturers.
BAF never announces anything officially... all they would do at most is announce it in anirban after the delivery. unofficially BAF officials have talked about their intentions in LIMA

BAF never announces anything officially... all they would do at most is announce it in anirban after the delivery. unofficially BAF officials have talked about their intentions in LIMA

So would you say this article is reliable?

So would you say this article is reliable?
idk the fact is there is this malaysian/indonesian (can't tell which, because their language is similar) that quotes UAC representative and even the pakistani source quotes UAC representative... BAF official haven;t done any press briefing and only said things off camera to bdmilitary... so idk... could have some truth to it.... it's still murky at best

the chinese only have light and medium on offer... bd wants medium and heavy... and after india played some politics with the russians... their condition was get the mig and you can take the sukhoi... which tbf is not bad of a deal... we'll get part tot to make some spares in bd, especially things like rubber gaskets canopy etc for the migs.... the cost of maintenance will be less than the mig 29s

I believe the Yak 130's (Mitten trainers) we have, can be software-programmed to mimic the flight envelopes of both the MiG-35 and the Su-30SME, as well as the rest of the fighters in the current Russian inventory.

The Yak-130 was designed from the outset with that goal.

So - our buying the Yak-130 was part of the plan I believe.

I believe the Yak 130's (Mitten trainers) we have, can be software-programmed to mimic the flight envelopes of both the MiG-35 and the Su-30SME, as well as the rest of the fighters in the current Russian inventory.

The Yak-130 was designed from the outset with that goal.

So - our buying the Yak-130 was part of the plan I believe.

Yes it is part of the plan.

But let me ask you.

Politically, does Russia bring anything to the table?

Or is this just transactional in nature?

As for the China Ship Yard ownership thingie, I guess they are looking for new design/build partners in the West. Should not be an issue given the Navy budget situation, and also as this has been proclaimed by the PM already.

Back
Top Bottom